Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Love to have Lynch out there playing with Bolton , what a combo forward they would be , doubt will ever see Lynch near his brilliant best again , however if we could find another tough smart big key forward to work along side Bolton we’d be a long way to playing finals again
Lynch will be back
But be very very very patience

Reactions: 1 user

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I will throw this thought out to PRE.

Bolton is great. Bolton has become a true matchwinner.

Bolton is a millstone around the club’s neck.

Bolton is mid-table for a list that deserves and in fact craves to be low-table.

Bolton is 3-4 extra wins in 2025 at a time when we should be gunning hard for pre-Tassie ND picks.

Bolton is two first-rounders and a good player.

Bolton is the chance to reset the list and bottom out quickly and efficiently, the opposite of Hawthorn.

Bolton will excite and delight us into another Richo era of mediocrity.

Bolton is great for the competition.

Bolton has been wonderful for the Richmond Football Club.

Bolton is bad for the Richmond Football Club.

Bolton shouldn't be our best player. It's more of a reflection of our dearth of high-end talent that he is.
Definitely a star, an Xfactor, and a game-winner but he isn't consistent and makes mistakes at crucial times (mainly selfishness).

The classic luxury player, but we don't have a Voss, Black, Lappin to go with Akermanis (Bolton).

The last thing we want is for Shai to end up like Michael Walters, but I don't want to lose him. Love him too much.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Anyone still think we need Bolton as we languish in the AFL dungeon?

I’m telling ya, today will become the norm now that belief is gone.

The club should be talking to a WA club if they aren’t already.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
His worst performance in recent memory.

A couple of dashes out the middle in junk time won't hide an abysmal game.

The dye was set when he dropped that sitter 2 metres out.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Horrendous first half when he was forward and the ball wasn't. Finished with more contested possessions than anyone but Vlastuin and only behind Bakes for clearances. Equal last for score involvements, though. Not a day he'll want to remember.

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
He is NOT full time foward he needs to spend more time in the midfield, especially at the start of the game, as he is the player who gives us that spark..

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I was disappointed where he was played today. Regularly the deepest forward, we can't afford to have him deepest forward when we get smashed so heavily at the contest and therefore in Inside 50's. Simply have to get him around the ball more, but clearly we didn't really want that today.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Doesn’t matter where he was played, we are a rabble and he won’t impact games anywhere near the way he can.

He is a top value asset but wasted. Use him now, convert him into trades.

Into young talent that will grow while we languish. Just good business.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I thought he worked really hard when he was on the ball but many things did it work for him.
We had 13 inside 50s in the first half and for much of it Shai was forward, almost the whole first quarter.
Thoughts of trading him are nonsense. We just need to play him where the action is

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
while we don't have quality tall forwards, it's unfair to begin discussions regarding trading Bolton. let's see when top players come back.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Ooze said in the presser that they didn’t play him on the ball or let him roam free. Best he forgets about the crap plan. Best player and game breaker plays on ball and rests up forward !