Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I would say he has the best footskills of all our players when running into forward 50. Elite.

Reactions: 5 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
For those that take note of this stuff, apparently he had 102 pressure points.

Most players struggle to get 20.

I've never known what this means exactly but I was having a stats chat today and asked.

So for those interested here is how pressure points work:

You get 3.75 points for a physical pressure act, which is either applying direct physical contact to a player disposing of the ball or tackling etc to prevent them disposing of the ball.

You get 2.25 for 'closing' pressure acts, which is where you are closing on the player from front or side and contact is imminent before they dispose of the ball.

You get 1.5 for 'chasing' pressure acts, where you chase from behind and are gaining ground and force the ball carrier to hurry disposal.

You get 1.2 for 'corralling' pressure acts, which is where you occupy space in front of the ball carrier or run at them and force them to kick without actually charging them down.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I've never known what this means exactly but I was having a stats chat today and asked.

So for those interested here is how pressure points work:

You get 3.75 points for a physical pressure act, which is either applying direct physical contact to a player disposing of the ball or tackling etc to prevent them disposing of the ball.

You get 2.25 for 'closing' pressure acts, which is where you are closing on the player from front or side and contact is imminent before they dispose of the ball.

You get 1.5 for 'chasing' pressure acts, where you chase from behind and are gaining ground and force the ball carrier to hurry disposal.

You get 1.2 for 'corralling' pressure acts, which is where you occupy space in front of the ball carrier or run at them and force them to kick without actually charging them down.
Thanks for that TBR.
Emphasises just how hard Fridge works to be constantly harassing n pressuring the opposition players when they have the pill. Massive amount of mostly unrewarded work purely in the hope of forcing opponents to scrub a possession. Pretty sure Fridge is among the top handful of pressure players in the game week after week n I think it's probably the first time a player has gone over a 100.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Champion data records a stat known as pressure points. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2 points.

Most pressure points on the ground last night:
1 - J Graham 102 (this number is ELITE)
2 - S Walsh 61
3 - D Prestia 60

41/46 players finished under 50 pressure points.

Graham recorded 41 pressure acts last night.

Pressure acts in AFL games for Richmond (since 2012):
44 - Jack Graham
43 -
42 - Jack Graham
41 - Jack Graham x2, Trent Cotchin
40 - Trent Cotchin
39 - Jack Graham x4
38 - Jack Graham x2
37 - Jack Graham x2
36 - Jack Graham x2

This stat via @jaidenpopowski
#afl Fox Footy/Ch7

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce41tCyholz/?hl=en

Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Champion data records a stat known as pressure points. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2 points.

Most pressure points on the ground last night:
1 - J Graham 102 (this number is ELITE)
2 - S Walsh 61
3 - D Prestia 60

41/46 players finished under 50 pressure points.

Graham recorded 41 pressure acts last night.

Pressure acts in AFL games for Richmond (since 2012):
44 - Jack Graham
43 -
42 - Jack Graham
41 - Jack Graham x2, Trent Cotchin
40 - Trent Cotchin
39 - Jack Graham x4
38 - Jack Graham x2
37 - Jack Graham x2
36 - Jack Graham x2

This stat via @jaidenpopowski
#afl Fox Footy/Ch7

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce41tCyholz/?hl=en
Fridge is our Blue Heeler, just constantly herding up oppo players snappin n snarlin at their heels n harassing *smile* out of them.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
got caught cold a bit today did fridge
but still put in

Reactions: 1 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Worked really hard as usual and got caught HTB three times but overall a good link game from Jack.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Had a great first half but had to move up the order, tried to do too much, and tired. Battled on against mediocre competition.

But he's what we've got when our stars are out.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
For god's sake can someone take Jack Graham aside and make him aware of his limitations. Just play to your strengths, son, and don't try to run too far or break through tackles.
Yeah - from memory there were a couple of times when it seemed as if he just thought if he could break that final tackle he’d be in position to really open up a big opportunity. In hindsight he should have taken the earlier and safer option.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Least of our problems. Even with a quiet game still had 460m gained and 8 tackles.

Still only 24. Could probably change his role a bit to be more of an inside on baller but regardless, many players with bigger issues than him.

Reactions: 2 users