Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Still surprised at the drop off in Graham's kicking? (Burge helped us there - he's pretty handy.)

Here's a good place to start.

More info.

Drill down. "Scholarly" can enrich your search.

The image of the strapping and the Burge testimony helped us fans a lot in understanding why a fine kick kept missing targets.

I was rationalising fatigue. But yeah. Is the foot numb because shots? I reckon. Better than truly agonised.

Not yet explained is Graham's drop off in handball execution. I reckon fatigue. But maybe it's that I was just wrong about that.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
So Graham has had this foot issue most of tbe season. Explains a bit. Hope he is right for finals.
I do to. But he has to be 100% fit. Jack Ross a good replacement for next game.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
So Graham has had this foot issue most of tbe season. Explains a bit. Hope he is right for finals.
Not sure why they wouldn’t have given him a month off mid season when his form illustrated that he was unable to impact to his usual standards?

Reactions: 3 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Not sure why they wouldn’t have given him a month off mid season when his form illustrated that he was unable to impact to his usual standards?
Simply reason was we could not afford to rest him then. Now he can be rested up His finals performances have always been up there with our very best.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Simply reason was we could not afford to rest him then. Now he can be rested up His finals performances have always been up there with our very best.
You mean when we lost all those close games whilst Graham couldn’t get a kick and Ross couldn’t get a game? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He was only injured 1 game from memory but missed rounds 17 to 19. That coincides with Graham's poor month but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Nah, he missed 3 weeks, funnily enough the 3 DA reckons he should have played for the injured Jack Graham

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Jack Graham has had turf toe all year and in dealing with that over-compensated and the outside of his foot became sore. Scans showed he had a stress reaction or hot spot and he was put in a boot. He has come out of the boot now and will start running later this week and is “firming” to be available as well.

Source: The Age.

Reactions: 1 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Jack Graham has had turf toe all year and in dealing with that over-compensated and the outside of his foot became sore. Scans showed he had a stress reaction or hot spot and he was put in a boot. He has come out of the boot now and will start running later this week and is “firming” to be available as well.

Source: The Age.
Good, we need the Fridge to bash and crash on the inside.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jack Graham's role next year becomes interesting if Taranto & Hopper are recruited.

On September 30th, 2017, in only his fifth game, and in a Grand Final, he ran with Rory Sloane. Sloane was ineffectual, Graham managed 3 goals.

He's the one player I reckon could play a run with role if we need one.

Reactions: 7 users

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
On September 30th, 2017, in only his fifth game, and in a Grand Final, he ran with Rory Sloane. Sloane was ineffectual, Graham managed 3 goals.

He's the one player I reckon could play a run with role if we need one.
sloane carried a foot and hand injury into the game and graham got in the right spots that day to be on the receiving end of 3 nice goals. remember some duigan tagger from carlton kicked 4 on lids once in a final around 8 years ago, but pretty much had an average career before and after that top notch but arsey game.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Graham is a constructive player. Very outside. A fierce and dedicated defender. It's crucial in his role as outside defensive mid that he has hurt in his game, to keep his opponents accountable.

He can use by hand and foot, join the running formations and is deadly around goal. He has that hurt.

If we can get Graham down the order that will help us and him. Batted too high again this year and, having a numb foot, couldn't kick.

Once we get a bit more depth we can rest blokes with injuries. That'll help too. Things might be about to trend up.

Reactions: 11 users

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Graham is a constructive player. Very outside. A fierce and dedicated defender. It's crucial in his role as outside defensive mid that he has hurt in his game, to keep his opponents accountable.

He can use by hand and foot, join the running formations and is deadly around goal. He has that hurt.

If we can get Graham down the order that will help us and him. Batted too high again this year and, having a numb foot, couldn't kick.

Once we get a bit more depth we can rest blokes with injuries. That'll help too. Things might be about to trend up.
reckon he's peaked and he's gunna struggle. no one is gunna have in in best 23 with/if toranto and hopper coming, spesh if stack has a belter of a preseason and we all know sonsie and a few other cubs are tracking very well.

sorry but jack aint in the ball park for mine his lack of pace and overhead marking is a concern as well as so many shoulder, hammy and now foot concerns. he can only run with very few mids now as neale and touk miller types are too nippy and fyfe and cripps types monster him and would outmark him so easy.

sorry gives his all can't see him making it to 150 games for tigers tho. tough call be would be a good fit at crows.

Reactions: 2 users