Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

According to SEN - 5 Clubs have enquired about Graham who is receptive to offers. The Hopper/Taranto effect.

Reactions: 1 user
still valuable to us, particularly with the 2 imports. Makes him more dangerous
What’s the point of making our midfield thinner.

We want as many options available rotating through there.

I know he played a lot at HF so maybe he is looking at more midfield minutes and he sees with both those boys coming in , he slips down the pecking order further.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't want to lose Graham; Richmond man and he needs another 3 games so we get father-son dibs. Would rather keep him if we can and add Taranto and Hopper to the midfield mix. That gives us serious mid rotation.

Reactions: 11 users
If the deal is right do it early second rounder and I'll add Short another I'll look at moving.

Injury prone and doesn’t get enough the ball for me and his form is up and down.

Don't want to lose Graham; Richmond man and he needs another 3 games so we get father-son dibs. Would rather keep him if we can and add Taranto and Hopper to the midfield mix. That gives us serious mid rotation.
I reckon the club wants the Tarranto & Hopper inclusions resolved this year.
They most likely don't want to lose picks next and if they have used Soldo as trade bait and they haven't had alot of interest.
Maybe Graham is the one they have brought in to use him as a down payment.
I wouldve kept Graham and used Short or Baker

I reckon the club wants the Tarranto & Hopper inclusions resolved this year.
They most likely don't want to lose picks next and if they have used Soldo as trade bait and they haven't had alot of interest.
Maybe Graham is the one they have brought in to use him as a down payment.
I wouldve kept Graham and used Short or Baker
I would happily trade Short; IMHO he is surplus to requirements. But he just signed a 5 year deal so can't see that happening.

I wouldn't trade Graham or Baker; but yes it may end up happening that Graham gets traded so we can bring the Giants players in. Personally I hope we can get them without trading Graham.

Reactions: 5 users
I would happily trade Short; IMHO he is surplus to requirements. But he just signed a 5 year deal so can't see that happening.

I wouldn't trade Graham or Baker; but yes it may end up happening that Graham gets traded so we can bring the Giants players in. Personally I hope we can get them without trading Graham.
Agree.
We don't like trading away picks.
1 yes but multiple picks No.
I can see us getting Both Tarranto, & Hopper but only losing pick 12 & 19 Soldo, & Graham

I’ve been a Short fan but have to say I’ve tired of his dump kick disposal which the opposition just pick off or simply punch the ball because they’ve certainly had time to, it’s spent half an hour in the air!

Him signing a contract doesn’t seem to matter much any more but it’d have to be a very good deal.

I’ve been a Short fan but have to say I’ve tired of his dump kick disposal which the opposition just pick off or simply punch the ball because they’ve certainly had time to, it’s spent half an hour in the air!

Him signing a contract doesn’t seem to matter much any more but it’d have to be a very good deal.
I'm off Short; reckon he has been pretty ordinary since 2020 GF and we can easily cover his role. Yes his dump kicking 50 metres straight to the opposition is very frustrating.

But my main point is that the club would have been planning for Taranto and probably Hopper for a long time so they would have signed Short up for 5 years as part of those plans. Plus I believe he is an extremely popular club man so for those reasons I'd be surprised if he was traded.

Reactions: 5 users
Is there any legit chatter about Marshall leaving port?
No but there is a name the club is offering up that the little members might not be too happy about.
I've said all along we won't be losing 54 draft picks for these 2.
And people ask 'Hasn't Richmond got a salary cap?" Maybe that's why.
We are bringing in but we might be shipping out at the same time.
The club is really tight with inside info.
We will wait and see till next week when it all starts.

I wouldn't be touting Graham around, but if Port want him, I'd be throwing out Marshalls name as an option.

Graham + Pick 30 for Marshall?

You have to look at it.
Graham could struggle for a game with a healthy Prestia, Cotchin, Hopper, Taranto, Dusty in 2023

Maybe the media just want Richmond fans to think the Taranto/Hopper deal is causing friction within the club and now we have to trade away all our young players?

Makes for a good story

And keeps them in AFL's good books

Reactions: 2 users
Contracted. For a first rounder you have to consider it. I'd be surprised if he leaves, from all reports is being groomed for Lambert's role.

Maybe the media just want Richmond fans to think the Taranto/Hopper deal is causing friction within the club and now we have to trade away all our young players?

Makes for a good story

And keeps them in AFL's good books
Sam Edmund mentioned that with Mince who was giggling quietly.

Also Sam Edmund..

Whilst this rumour does seem like it could carry some weight given the arrival of Tarranto & Hopper, it also must be taken with a grain of salt given it's the silly season. Jernos can just throw bait out there for clicks with no accountability at trade time. Have to wait & see what unfolds.