Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reactions: 1 user

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Aren’t we trying to strengthen and build our midfield? Trading him seems counterproductive.

This. We finally get some midfield depth if we trade in Taranto and Hopper and we let fridge go? I’d rather any or all of RCD, Dow, Martyn or Ralphsmith go over him

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I say no. Don't want Jacky G to go.
Agreed. He's the definition of a Richmond Man after his 2019 PF heroics. He literally would have brought the stands down if he kicked that goal on the run in the last. Poor bugger couldn't even drop the ball on his foot with his mangled shoulder.

He can stay as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned.

Even with Taranto and Hopper, there's still going to be injuries etc. at various stages...and he's a great lock down player if needed.

Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agreed. He's the definition of a Richmond Man after his 2019 PF heroics. He literally would have brought the stands down if he kicked that goal on the run in the last. Poor bugger couldn't even drop the ball on his foot with his mangled shoulder.

He can stay as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned.

Even with Taranto and Hopper, there's still going to be injuries etc. at various stages...and he's a great lock down player if needed.
Yep and I still see him as a future skipper.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Contracted. For a first rounder you have to consider it. I'd be surprised if he leaves, from all reports is being groomed for Lambert's role.
Agree. It’s about having a gut runner who likes to tackle and can also kick a goal when he has to. Also could play him also on their best half back flank, give him a defensive role to limit their output.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A couple of weeks back I wondered about Graham's future role in the team with the expected arrival of Hopper & Tarranto, so it doesn't come as a huge surprise to me that his name has been bandied about in trade speculation today despite being contracted for 2023.
When fit he's obviously a good/required player so any potential suitors would need to pay a decent cost but it's also going to be hard to see where he fits in the the best 22 with all players available.
Watch & see I guess..

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
For us to trade Graham and for Graham to want to leave, a club would have to offer up a Godfather offer. Something stupid that both parties couldn’t refuse. So in other words he is staying.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
For us to trade Graham and for Graham to want to leave, a club would have to offer up a Godfather offer. Something stupid that both parties couldn’t refuse. So in other words he is staying.
Yep. When healthy he’s been a very good player for us. He’s sacrificed a lot. You don’t let players like that who are still young walk out of the club unless he wants to, and the offer is supremely attractive which is unlikely to be the case with Port. They don’t have much to offer.

Don’t forget he missed most of the pre season this year and limped through the back half with another injury.

Love Fridge. Great bloke. Great player when healthy. No exit situation preferable for me.

Reactions: 16 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yep. When healthy he’s been a very good player for us. He’s sacrificed a lot. You don’t let players like that who are still young walk out of the club unless he wants to, and the offer is supremely attractive which is unlikely to be the case with Port. They don’t have much to offer.

Don’t forget he missed most of the pre season this year and limped through the back half with another injury.

Love Fridge. Great bloke. Great player when healthy. No exit situation preferable for me.
2019 Preliminary Final. Enough said.

Reactions: 11 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

Has been very very good and won’t be pushed but may decide his chances in 23,
will be limited.
If he goes I’d expect a 1st or future 1st (preferred).
Keep that pick with players x2 like Castagna, CD or Soldo, now to face careers with fewer opportunities, leaving and playing at GWS, (at our expense).

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I'm sure clubs have asked, but as it doesn't make any long term list management sense to let him go...I'd go with media beat up. Similar to the Dusty is definitely leaving nonsense.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Breaking news little Zipmanics
He isn't the only big name we have asked to explore there options .
we were never going to go into 2 seasons without bringing in kids
And No the Big name isn't Collier Dawkins or Dow