Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

He always looked like a defender.

I don't mind that he was tried other positions so much as it's probably helped with his development & education of how others do it.

Ben's one of our few who's field kicking is elite & he's got good speed for a tall. He won't be out of the team anytime soon.
I'm not altogether surprised he's making a fist of it so to speak.

Reactions: 7 users
He always looked like a defender.

I don't mind that he was tried other positions so much as it's probably helped with his development & education of how others do it.

Ben's one of our few who's field kicking is elite & he's got good speed for a tall. He won't be out of the team anytime soon.
I'm not altogether surprised he's making a fist of it so to speak.
Footage on classified didn’t show a great defender

Indeed. He’s 24, 25 in August and got taken apart by a 21 year old on Sunday. Another example of the poor state of our list that Ben is getting a regular game.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Lucky he was just fined for doing what looked like a George Floyd type incident.
With apologises. When I first read Ben got cited I assumed it was because of being involved in the mele but he got away with it. Your post made me check properly. The incident didn't look good but didn't appear to be malicious in anyway and just more accidental

Reactions: 1 users
That's him. No aggression in his game.
He looked knacked on Sunday.
He has been ok this year but between him and Young they take it in turns who has a shiit week.
He needs to add aggression and urgency to his game otherwise his career will be over.

That's him. No aggression in his game.
He looked knacked on Sunday.
He has been ok this year but between him and Young they take it in turns who has a shiit week.
He needs to add aggression and urgency to his game otherwise his career will be over.
Jeez zips.

You are taking your grim reaper impression to new heights this week :D

Reactions: 1 user
The issue wasn’t the defenders lack of intent is was the non existent team defence from the midfield

Reactions: 3 users
Seriously it's 72 inside 50s of waltzing in under no pressure and still 9 minutes footy time to go. What hope?

Reactions: 2 users
Turns the ball over even when he’s not under pressure. Lacks skill and composure. VFL standard

Not up to it.
Nonsense....one of our few shinnibg lights this year.With possibly the most insipid efforts to apply any pressure from anyone upfeild ,miller and young were under extroadinary and constant barrage of free flowing doggie entries into their foward line all night .
Miller young and brown are the least of our worries

• Dislike
Reactions: 8 users
The thing is, a tall leading forward who presents and runs toward the incoming ball and then jumps to mark, is close to impossible to intercept. The only way to intercept is to have someone come in from the side or, the obvious solution, make sure the opposition does not get clean possession and easy disposal into their forward line.

Our defence is standing up remarkably well given the way the ball is coming in, and the number of times it is coming in, plus the inexperience of players such as Miller and Young.

Miller is no superstar, but he can be a respectable and dependable tall defender. He is not the problem.

DS

Reactions: 9 users
The thing is, a tall leading forward who presents and runs toward the incoming ball and then jumps to mark, is close to impossible to intercept. The only way to intercept is to have someone come in from the side or, the obvious solution, make sure the opposition does not get clean possession and easy disposal into their forward line.

Our defence is standing up remarkably well given the way the ball is coming in, and the number of times it is coming in, plus the inexperience of players such as Miller and Young.

Miller is no superstar, but he can be a respectable and dependable tall defender. He is not the problem.

DS
Yep - the issues are the midfield and forward line. Every aspect, every way.

I've been a long time defender or hater of Minson. I've pivoted on that. Just because Tylar Young is air it doesn't follow that Minson can't be too.

Minson will get an easier job when Grimes returns. And hopefully Young wiil be Capuanoed then.

Meanwhile full backs are dime a dozen. Let's get one.

• Angry
Ben didn't have his best game of the season but when the ball is on a never-ending avalanche he and young were on a hiding to nothing. Broad and Vlaustuin tried but then they were under [ar tonight as well. Basically if we ever get a midfield that can operate on a par with other teams and give our defence a break, it will only be then that the defence can be more composed and effective