Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

He was good. Has a lot of talent. It’s just the consistent mental strength in the past to apply it week to week. But having a good season no doubt and stepping up for us with Gibcus and Balta and Grimes out.

Big tick.

Reactions: 9 users
He was good. Has a lot of talent. It’s just the consistent mental strength in the past to apply it week to week. But having a good season no doubt and stepping up for us with Gibcus and Balta and Grimes out.

Big tick.
I’ve been saying for ages just let him settle in one position to find his feet.
Forward!, Back, ruck sometimes in the same game hasn’t helped his case. Not sure if it’s helped or hindered his dev either.
At least he’s filling a need and making a good fist of it. I still think there’s room for more improvement. A bit more controlled aggression and self belief. But he’s getting there.

I’ve been saying for ages just let him settle in one position to find his feet.
Forward!, Back, ruck sometimes in the same game hasn’t helped his case. Not sure if it’s helped or hindered his dev either.
At least he’s filling a need and making a good fist of it. I still think there’s room for more improvement. A bit more controlled aggression and self belief. But he’s getting there.
Otherwise known as JSS - Jay Schulz Syndrome.

It’s a killer.

Reactions: 1 user
Otherwise known as JSS - Jay Schulz Syndrome.

It’s a killer.
Yeah, maybe the coaching staff couldn’t figure out his best position or what to develop him as.
He does seem more comfortable where he is. Maybe in time he could play a cameo as a swing man. Maybe.

Funky n Tylar stepping up to become solid n reliable players for us, slotting into a decent back half alongside Flossy, Broad, Sausage, n Shorty. Just bloody shameful that the defence is trying to stand up in front of an avalanche week after week. Midfield into forward is horrendous most games n the rebound is killing us.

Reactions: 9 users
Great to see Miller starting to cement his spot in defence (with Tylar). Let's hope that incident with his knee on the throat (Treacy?) doesn't get cited by the MoROns.

Great to see Miller starting to cement his spot in defence (with Tylar). Let's hope that incident with his knee on the throat (Treacy?) doesn't get cited by the MoROns.

If that gets cited, then there was also definitely a Freo player that did the same, had our player (couldn't see who it was) with their head held into the turf and a knee across their upper back and neck. I think it was around about the time that the ump gave Amiss the ball.

You just know its going to be. If the ump had paid the initial free to Miller the wrestle wouldnt have happened.

Reactions: 2 users
If that gets cited, then there was also definitely a Freo player that did the same, had our player (couldn't see who it was) with their head held into the turf and a knee across their upper back and neck. I think it was around about the time that the ump gave Amiss the ball.
Given the pathetic umpiring, he should have just kicked the goal himself to cement the relationship

Reactions: 1 users
They’d develop selective blindness about that incident, Mr P.

Funky n Tylar stepping up to become solid n reliable players for us, slotting into a decent back half alongside Flossy, Broad, Sausage, n Shorty. Just bloody shameful that the defence is trying to stand up in front of an avalanche week after week. Midfield into forward is horrendous most games n the rebound is killing us.
Thought Young has been very average this year. Think we need to be looking for an upgrade long term.

Moving forward i think we should go Gibcus Balta and Miller as our tall defenders. Certainly need to draft a few for development purposes especially if Balta stays forward.
Young as back up is fine.

Ben about three years ago looked very promising as a defender, For some reason we just stopped playing him there.
I think they thought they could not play both Ben and Tylar and wrongly preffered Young over Miller. Miller has always looked the better player. Has far more attributes for the role and the game.

With Lynch at 32 and if we play Balta back, then key forward becomes an even bigger priority imo.
Desperately need to draft a couple of highly touted key forwards at the start of the rebuild regardless of where Balta plays.

Ben has started to show a bit on mongrel to complete his improvement in his game. The AFL agree as he has now joined the MRO club!
Lucky he was just fined for doing what looked like a George Floyd type incident.

Thought Young has been very average this year. Think we need to be looking for an upgrade long term.
You do realise he had shoulder surgery over summer n a restricted pre season? Had a huge season last year as a first year player and the entire back half has been getting hammered this year because we've got bugger all mid field or forward half to help control games.

Reactions: 4 users