Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I haven’t seen Saturday’s VFL game yet, but if he’s healthy (injured ?) I might be giving Biggie a game ahead of Miller.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Biggies injured his ankle so Miller should be part of this weeks ruck combo
Miller did a very good job against a taller and experienced opponent. He got no help from the whistle brigade (until the last qr), despite the fact that Sweetman? was hanging onto him for most of the day.
Think he will start in the ruck and change with Ryan in the forward line.
Both of these guys have a bit of toe and with not much opposition? should do well.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I'm a Ben Miller fan & think he's been a bit stiff to be out of the snr side.
Think he can do an important job for us this week. Certainly hope he can.
I’m not a Ben Miller fan. The opposite , in fact. If there was an award for the luckiest player in the competition he’d be a monty for a gold medal.

6 years in the system for what? 12 games? And somehow he’s contracted for at least one more! Got passed by Gibcus last year, Young and Samson this year and is nowhere near our best 22 yet will now get an extended run at AFL level because of injuries.

Truly the luckiest player in the comp but I don’t blame Ben, he is what he is. The finger needs to be pointed at our list management on this one.

• Dislike
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I’m not a Ben Miller fan. The opposite , in fact. If there was an award for the luckiest player in the competition he’d be a monty for a gold medal.

6 years in the system for what? 12 games? And somehow he’s contracted for at least one more! Got passed by Gibcus last year, Young and Samson this year and is nowhere near our best 22 yet will now get an extended run at AFL level because of injuries.

Truly the luckiest player in the comp but I don’t blame Ben, he is what he is. The finger needs to be pointed at our list management on this one.

If we didn't have him then we'd be in even deeper *smile* than we currently are with our tall stocks. I'm happy he's on the list.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Miller was easily our best on Saturday in the twos.

Played sole ruck after Biggie went down, and tried to drag the team back into the contest late. He was everywhere, and snagged a couple of goals too.

He's a much better tap ruckman than Nank. The rest of his game is developing.

I think he and Sampson will be too good for Sydney.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Miller was easily our best on Saturday in the twos.

Played sole ruck after Biggie went down, and tried to drag the team back into the contest late. He was everywhere, and snagged a couple of goals too.

He's a much better tap ruckman than Nank. The rest of his game is developing.

I think he and Sampson will be too good for Sydney.
Yeah I'm looking forward to this. Loved Miller's around the ground games late last season.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
He was so disappointing. Didn’t go hard enough in contest or work around the ground. I think he has ability but last night was either lack of effort, lack of belief or both. So poor.

Needs to ask himself this morning if AFL football is for him. Different attitude and mindset needed if it is. Has raw ability but has to apply himself and bust his gut to achieve it. To be flogged by Ladhams is a disgrace & embarrassing.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Play him now then we definitely now if he is worth keeping him.
I had him as my big improver.
He needs to be told, your big and strong and you belong..
He plays like a nervous 18yr old kid

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Fair call.
Did ok last year but was poor last night when we really needed him.
It’s a tough assessment but I’m on old realist. AFL is bloody hard - physically and mentally. It’s not for everyone either. I’ve seen plenty of natural footballers and/or athletes over the years who just didn’t believe they could be consistently good enough at that level. Ben Griffiths is another more recent example.

To get there takes lots of effort. The coaches need to be having that hard conversation with Miller today. He also needs to be asking himself the same questions.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Be easy to write an essay on Millers positives and negatives, however any half decent footballer can get plenty of footy when playing as a roaming ruck .

Simply not good enough