Pivotal draft selections | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pivotal draft selections

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
This is why I fear that eventually Carlton will become a good team. It is like Melbourne, when you are rubbish for so long even with poor player development eventually the sheer number of talented players coming in leads to some success.
We never had that when we were rubbish because we had compromised drafts with the suns and the giants coming in
Correct plus the added free agents and players developed by other clubs Williams,Saad,Cerra,Hewitt who have shown quality its a matter of time and im afraid it will be in 2022 as they have the easiest draw and have been put finals on a plate for them

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Correct plus the added free agents and players developed by other clubs Williams,Saad,Cerra,Hewitt who have shown quality its a matter of time and im afraid it will be in 2022 as they have the easiest draw and have been put finals on a plate for them
With the state of their list they should be contending in 22.
16 players under 23 (we have 19) and only Sam Walsh is any good. They're not a young upandcoming side. One bloke over 30.
All their best players are 24-27.
The problem they have is that none have finals experience or even the experience of being a good team.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
In 2007 we took Alex Rance at 18
In 2009 we took David Astbury at 35
In 2012 we took Nick Vlastuin at 9

3 key parts of what I consider to be one of the best backlines ever, our back 6 in 2017. We stole Bachar from Essendon, picked up Grimes in the PSD and Broad as a late pick mature ager.

Assembling that backline was just as important as the mosquito fleet small forwards and the 3 traded in at the end of 2016 in that premiership success.

I’m hoping Gibcus over Hobbs may be seen the same one day. A long term high quality key back is very important imo .
Agree, has in the end ,we got Sonsie huge talent.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
With the state of their list they should be contending in 22.
16 players under 23 (we have 19) and only Sam Walsh is any good. They're not a young upandcoming side. One bloke over 30.
All their best players are 24-27.
The problem they have is that none have finals experience or even the experience of being a good team.
I reckon they will improve a lot with Voss. Their effort over the last couple of seasons was inconsistent at best in my opinion.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah, nah. They have Voss as a coach. Lol.

• Haha