Player movement 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Player movement 2022

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
This is unbelievable that everyone can see the shiit GWS are in with 4 players taking up most of there Cap space.. with Hopper, Tarranto & Bruer all looking to exit at years end.
He we are today watching Melbourne follow suit, Oliver 6 yrs, Gawn 5 yrs, Petracca 6 yrs and today they sign up Bradshaw for 6 yrs.
Bradshaw is a good player but he isn't a 6 year contract player.
Didn't they also sign up Salem on a long term deal?.
Melbourne might find themselves back in the glory years of 2011 & 2012.
This year will go back to the late 90's early 2000's when there will be a shipload of players moving clubs.
Players I've heard might be moving
Gaff,
A heap from Freo to get Jackson in.
Dunkley.
Amon
McLean
Worpel
Degoey
Billings
McLovin

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
This is unbelievable that everyone can see the shiit GWS are in with 4 players taking up most of there Cap space.. with Hopper, Tarranto & Bruer all looking to exit at years end.
He we are today watching Melbourne follow suit, Oliver 6 yrs, Gawn 5 yrs, Petracca 6 yrs and today they sign up Bradshaw for 6 yrs.
Bradshaw is a good player but he isn't a 6 year contract player.
Didn't they also sign up Salem on a long term deal?.
Melbourne might find themselves back in the glory years of 2011 & 2012.
This year will go back to the late 90's early 2000's when there will be a shipload of players moving clubs.
Players I've heard might be moving
Gaff,
A heap from Freo to get Jackson in.
Dunkley.
Amon
McLean
Worpel
Degoey
Billings
McLovin
Add 2018 grand finalists’ Collingwood to the above duo of strained salary caps , as you know Zips!

And of course, the issue has helped neither Collingwood nor GWS to September glory.

It’s good to have ‘role players’.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, Melbourne may have salary cap problems in a few years, but if that is what it takes to get multiple flags then I would think it is a price they are willing to pay.

Not unreasonable either. You don't load up on paying the good players and offering them long contracts, and a few leave and you end up winning 1 flag and not multiple but are able to avoid the big drop - is that really preferable to a few flags and you know you will suffer for it later?

DS

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yep, Melbourne may have salary cap problems in a few years, but if that is what it takes to get multiple flags then I would think it is a price they are willing to pay.

Not unreasonable either. You don't load up on paying the good players and offering them long contracts, and a few leave and you end up winning 1 flag and not multiple but are able to avoid the big drop - is that really preferable to a few flags and you know you will suffer for it later?

DS
Just do a collingwobbles. Contract means nothing, just trade the player out when you’re done.