Players that should be dropped/managed for Nth game and beyond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Players that should be dropped/managed for Nth game and beyond

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Seasons over Weve had so many chances to cement spot in the 8 but appears we don’t want to play finals footy
Need to rest a few, drop others and give kids a go
Out - Garthwaite , George , Cotchin , FAarts, Chol , Edwards, Caddy
In Miller , Cumberland ,Ralphsmith , CJ , MRJ , Pickett, RCD

Reactions: 2 users
Seasons over Weve had so many chances to cement spot in the 8 but appears we don’t want to play finals footy
Need to rest a few, drop others and give kids a go
Out - Garthwaite , George , Cotchin , FAarts, Chol , Edwards, Caddy
In Miller , Cumberland ,Ralphsmith , CJ , MRJ , Pickett, RCD
The one light at the end of the dark tunnel is Vlastuin and Broad should be back as well. Can't knock your outs and ins although I think I would find a place for Martyn

I really want to think that there is a problem with Lynch - and that it would be a sensible decision to leave him out for these last 3 games.
And the double-barrel benefit is that CCJ gets to play in his place

We need to pick a team for the rest of this year as a tester for next year.

For me, Shedda should be moved to be a perm forward. I think to prolong his career we should be aiming for him to be inside 50 a lot next year, similar to Dusty.

We need to find out who can play midfield without them in there. I'd be tempted to throw Martyn and Dow in there against North and see how they go.

While we keep the likes of Aarts, Chol, Garthwaite, Parker (a bit harsh) and a few others on our list it would mean we are settling for mediocrity of a few years ago. We need to get rid of the dead wood and draft well for the future

As much as i would like to see kids play, and oldies rested, we are still a decent chance to make finals, so we will be picking our best team.
if we lose this week, our season will finally officially be done. then we can rest Jack, Cotch, Lynch, Lambert, Grimes, Astbury and Nank for the last couple.