Podcast recommendations | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Podcast recommendations

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but Hardcore History with Dan Carlin is pretty good, although most of his stuff is paywalled. I've been listening through the Supernova In The East series which focuses on Japan's history and involvement in the World Wars. I find war history morbidly fascinating and it gives perspective for how good we've got it in the present day, especially Australia

(although it could be a lot better too!!).

Reactions: 1 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
JB's rec of Wind of Change is a good one.

The Rewatchables is probably my fave. Great dives into classic (and some not-so classic) films.
A bit odd but I re-listened to The Rewatchables’ pod on Cast Away. It was released in the early days of Covid and Simmons’ decision to do it solo was perfect.

I like but don’t love the film but, heck, I learned a lot more about it and got a deeper appreciation of it from this ep.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
The Glitch.

Hmm. Kinda interesting. Kinda cringy as it felt a bit too sanctimonious and almost an ad for a screenplay…

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
I get a bit of a laugh out of this one;
SmartLess with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, & Will Arnett is a podcast that connects and unites people from all walks of life to learn about shared experiences through thoughtful dialogue and organic hilarity. A nice surprise: in each episode of SmartLess, one of the hosts reveals his mystery guest to the other two. What ensues is a genuinely improvised and authentic conversation filled with laughter and newfound knowledge to feed the SmartLess mind.

I also like Behind the Bastards;
There’s a reason the History Channel has produced hundreds of documentaries about Hitler but only a few about Dwight D. Eisenhower. Bad guys (and gals) are eternally fascinating. Behind the Bastards dives in past the Cliffs Notes of the worst humans in history and exposes the bizarre realities of their lives. Listeners will learn about the young adult novels that helped Hitler form his monstrous ideology, the founder of Blackwater’s insane quest to build his own Air Force, the bizarre lives of the sons and daughters of dictators and Saddam Hussein’s side career as a trashy romance novelist.

Both available on Google Podcasts

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Just a follow up to @scottyturnerscurse recommendation for the awesome Rewatchables.

Similar movie typed theme podcast called Big Dumb Movie.

Recommend the following episodes so far

Robocop
The Star Wars Holiday Special (yes, it's a thing and it's hilarious. Carrie Fisher sings!)
Scream
The Running Man

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I listened to rewatchables for the first time and it was the Daft Day edition (the Kevin Costner movie). I quite liked the cast initially but 100 minutes on reviewing a film is a bit too much, they seemed to just be padding it out in the end.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Some sports podcasts I like..

Ausmerican Aces has a lot of great interviews including Tigers.
A few recent ones below.

Broady

Dion

Timmy T

lots of other great interviews.

I really like The Howie Games too. Mark Howard interviews all sorts of sports people & Entertainers.

Listened to one about Hutcy last night. Good insight into how he's built his empire.

Lots of Tiges interviewed here too.

Dyl & Friends is also really good. Lots of interviews with Tigers & Richmond mindfulness guru Emma Murray.

Dave Astbury

Richo

Ben Crowe Sports Guru
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2AY1GfD9eE7R2OTf7O4f0b?si=866e957dd462463e

Lambo
https://open.spotify.com/episode/042N99UoAVeIiAfLwRG55D?si=39de7791b9424ef8

Emma Murray
https://open.spotify.com/episode/7KYoQuFUVt301EXJD0Zc77?si=322b97ac6258486a

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
has anyone listened to "Richmond Tiger Talk?" I have started listening to it this year. Its much better than the club made "Talking Tigers."

RTT have referenced PRE a few times. Maybe Nick and Andy are regulars on here? If so, did you wanna reveal yourselves!?!?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
has anyone listened to "Richmond Tiger Talk?" I have started listening to it this year. Its much better than the club made "Talking Tigers."

RTT have referenced PRE a few times. Maybe Nick and Andy are regulars on here? If so, did you wanna reveal yourselves!?!?
Every episode since release. They were first into the podcast space.

If you like hit out to advantage and expected score stats you will be in heaven. Plus they used to have an obsession with McBean so maybe that will narrow it down.

I’m not Nick or Andy.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Mentioned in other threads but if you are into the round ball game and particularly the EPL, The Guardian Football weekly is a great wrap up with funny podcasters - they'll also cover Euro football and world cup qualifiers etc. Max Rushden now lives in Melbourne so there's an Australian flavour too, especially Ange P now managing Spurs.

As a Guardian pod it's slightly woke but they don't take themselves or anything else too seriously.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Definitely the original & the best Tiger podcast. Big Footy Tigercast's is ok too. Yes I did say that.
Whilst ok, the club podcast is pretty saccharine by comparison. Prefer the fan versions.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Mentioned in other threads but if you are into the round ball game and particularly the EPL, The Guardian Football weekly is a great wrap up with funny podcasters - they'll also cover Euro football and world cup qualifiers etc. Max Rushden now lives in Melbourne so there's an Australian flavour too, especially Ange P now managing Spurs.

As a Guardian pod it's slightly woke but they don't take themselves or anything else too seriously.

Thanks for that. With my interest in the A-League dying, and my interest in the Premier League rekindled with Ange signing for Spurs, I've been searching for Premier League Podcasts to replace the A-League pods i used to listen to. I'll give this a go.

Will have to sign up again for Optus Sport as well. $25 per month is a big sting.

Definitely the original & the best Tiger podcast. Big Footy Tigercast's is ok too. Yes I did say that.
Whilst ok, the club podcast is pretty saccharine by comparison. Prefer the fan versions.

I listened to the Big Footy Tigercast once and thought it was average. the club podcast is also average, but i will listen in if i have nothing else to listen to while at the gym. What I find annoying about the Richmond Pods is that they don't usually come out til Tuesday. I know people have lives, time constraints and stuff... and i respect people for having a crack it it. But by Tuesday/Wednesday, people have moved on to the next game. They should be doing these on Sunday nights IMO.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Really enjoying "The Rabbit Hole" with tim Watson and Garry Lyon. They talk everything. It's not the radio show, some good discussions from the 80'&90's football and how to age gracefully or not. I find myself laughing most weeks. The story of Timmy in the 80's at the Ascot Vale Pool seeing jockey's in the sauna rubbing salt on each other like a piece of pork was highly amusing last week.

And Ross Recommends with Ross Stevenson is a cracker. I would love to follow Stevenson for a month and see what his actual life is like. Reckon he is the man in the know who would be lunching with the widest variety of people in Melbourne. He lives in Glenferrie, I've seen him getting a coffee down there.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It depends who they have on. Some make some good points. Others not so much.
I watch it most times too. Good to see they can get former players on. Watched the latest with Bowda and was enjoyable. Tigs71 is a funny guy with his whispers.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I watch it most times too. Good to see they can get former players on. Watched the latest with Bowda and was enjoyable. Tigs71 is a funny guy with his whispers.
Unfortunately seems he is severely suffering from concussion.

He was spot on on Dusty staying, Lynch coming and Taranto coming way out.

So my summary

Talking Tigers - The pick you up pod win, lose or draw with a neverending stream of dad jokes and take downs of the 'chief'. If you want a laugh - come here.
Richmond Tiger Talk - The footy nerds pod - deep statistical analysis and (the wish I was a ruckman for richmond) obsession with ruckwork HTA stats. If you want a very measured rant about the statistical likelihood of us losing a game where the expected score had us winning by 5 goals and the odds of collingwood winning lots of close ones - come here.
BigFooty - More your fan in the outer type pod. Host does on excellent job coralling the rest of the 'team' and has got some brilliant guests from the past. If you want a rant about the umpiring / the ARC - more of a game day posting - come here

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Unfortunately seems he is severely suffering from concussion.

He was spot on on Dusty staying, Lynch coming and Taranto coming way out.

So my summary

Talking Tigers - The pick you up pod win, lose or draw with a neverending stream of dad jokes and take downs of the 'chief'. If you want a laugh - come here.
Richmond Tiger Talk - The footy nerds pod - deep statistical analysis and (the wish I was a ruckman for richmond) obsession with ruckwork HTA stats. If you want a very measured rant about the statistical likelihood of us losing a game where the expected score had us winning by 5 goals and the odds of collingwood winning lots of close ones - come here.
BigFooty - More your fan in the outer type pod. Host does on excellent job coralling the rest of the 'team' and has got some brilliant guests from the past. If you want a rant about the umpiring / the ARC - more of a game day posting - come here
First two are good, but I prefer the more realistic BF one just like us on here.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
T71 is one of the poorer talent on that podcast. He can't even get Shai's name right after several years.
Quite a few of the others are good though.

PS: Sorry to hear about his recent concussion issues though.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
T71 is one of the poorer talent on that podcast. He can't even get Shai's name right after several years.
Quite a few of the others are good though.

PS: Sorry to hear about his recent concussion issues though.
Yeah, he's been the Nostradamus on here too. I think they had Daffy on last night's podcast. I might watch it later.