Political Extremism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Political Extremism

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
There's a crazy idea going around that political extremism is a product of the third world. And that there's none of the stuff from natives of this noble land.

Here's an exception that I recalled tonight:

Australian vigilantes picket homes and call for death to adulterers

Cuckolds take their rage to the streets

Australian vigilantes picket homes and call for death to adulterers

David Fickling in Melbourne
Monday August 26, 2002
The Guardian

They dress in black and disguise their identities with bandannas and sunglasses. Their logo is an image of the Southern Cross constellation, superimposed with a pair of crossed boomerangs, which resembles a swastika.

The Blackshirts are former husbands aggrieved by their treatment at the hands of their ex-wives and the courts, who regard themselves as the vanguard of a "men's rights" movement in Australia and say that their actions will be remembered as marking a turning-point in history.

More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,780650,00.html

Vigilates? We all need to be vigilant.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
I told ya we're living in a matriarchy.Good to see the brothers fighting back,Jack ;D

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The leader of that mob, Whatsisname, runs a local recording studio (Brunswick). Not good for business. ;D

The matriarchy idea is a nice one. On the one hand I don't care. OTO I guess it might make a change and that is always nice.

I aint frightened of it. ;D

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
If ya not with us, ya agin' us. Be afraid,be very afraid ;D

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Hey, here's a great quote from that article:

Mr Abbott claims that a fifth of Blackshirts are female and that a women's arm of the organisation is about to be established. But there were no women at yesterday's demonstration. "They do more the administrative work," he explained.

Quite the nanny state.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Revolutioning is a mans job.Good to see the women folk know their place.

dukeos

Tiger Rookie
Jun 15, 2004
Six Pack said:
i remember these sadasses. are they still around?

Good point. I'd hardly call a group of blokes back in 2002 Political Extremism. Are they still kicking?

Id say extreme poor is the cradle. Give $$$ to the downtrodden extremists and i'm sure theyd think twice before blowing themselves up. I know theres alway an exception, but this is the rule.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
dukeos said:
Good point. I'd hardly call a group of blokes back in 2002 Political Extremism. Are they still kicking?

Id say extreme poor is the cradle. Give $$$ to the downtrodden extremists and i'm sure theyd think twice before blowing themselves up. I know theres alway an exception, but this is the rule.

Look at the 9-11 terrorists....middle class, highly educated....not the poor, desperate people that you might expect. Scary really.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
i remember these sadasses. are they still around?

Read a nice write up in the paper on them today. Parties in Syd with metal bands for Australia Day. If this is the way a movement starts, I'm Darryl Somers >:D