Poll: will you download the COVIDSafe app? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll: will you download the COVIDSafe app?

Will you download the COVIDSafe app released by the government?

• Yes

• No

• I'll wait a bit and see what other people are going to do first

Results are only viewable after voting.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Definitely yes. People just like to whinge, especially if there is government involvement. If i can discuss something with a colleague and then be inundated with ads for said discussion on my phone and laptop then i don't need to worry about security if i download one more app. I reckon anyone quoting security as a concern for not downloading the app is full of *smile*.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I wont be for 3 reasons.

1. I don't have any apps and I doubt my phone would support one. If I was going to go for a maiden app, I would probably choose to install the TAB one.
2. As long as there's no footy, I dont really go near anyone. If I had Tinder, I would be on nobodies radar, even if I looked like George Clooney.
3. A small part of me wants to keep the option open of being a wild colonial boy. or Ned Kelly if I chose to. Thunderbolt. I want to have the option of being a gregarious lone wolf. Yeah, I have a number plate on my car, I stop at traffic lights, I have a myGov account. But If I want to throw up my arms in despair when im an old man and choose to hobble into the bush and find a cave somewhere and hijack the odd milkbar for supplies, rather than sit on a commode, eating gruel in some facility owned by Michael Kroger. Well then I dont want anyone finding me.

not an antivaxer, nor foil hat man. Ive overseen a very stringent family ISO. just answering Josh's question as honestly as I can.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I wont be for 3 reasons.

1. I don't have any apps and I doubt my phone would support one. If I was going to go for a maiden app, I would probably choose to install the TAB one.
2. As long as there's no footy, I dont really go near anyone. If I had Tinder, I would be on nobodies radar, even if I looked like George Clooney.
3. A small part of me wants to keep the option open of being a wild colonial boy. or Ned Kelly if I chose to. Thunderbolt. I want to have the option of being a gregarious lone wolf. Yeah, I have a number plate on my car, I stop at traffic lights, I have a myGov account. But If I want to throw up my arms in despair when im an old man and choose to hobble into the bush and find a cave somewhere and hijack the odd milkbar for supplies, rather than sit on a commode, eating gruel in some facility owned by Michael Kroger. Well then I dont want anyone finding me.

not an antivaxer, nor foil hat man. Ive overseen a very stringent family ISO. just answering Josh's question as honestly as I can.
PRE tracks your movements. We'll find you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
PRE tracks your movements. We'll find you.

Ive sorted the settings so all they'll find is the bleached bones of tigergollywog scattered beneath a she-oak

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I wont be for 3 reasons.

Come on Ezy I can see the smoke and shadows behind the windows, you are really in cahoots with your farming mate, Barnaby Joyce ;)

Last edited:

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I would consider it except I have an iPhone SE and I recently downloaded the latest update. Guess what? Since then my Bluetooth doesn’t work and I have no idea how to get it back. Thanks Apple

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I would consider it except I have an iPhone SE and I recently downloaded the latest update. Guess what? Since then my Bluetooth doesn’t work and I have no idea how to get it back. Thanks Apple
[/QUOTE

I have a Samsung that is 4 years old. Perfectly suitable phone for me.
Guess what. ... not compatible with the app!
How stupid.....this means plenty of people will not be able to get the app.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I have a 4 year old samsung galaxy with latest update. The Covidsafe app is not compatible with the phone. I can't access the app. Laughable really that there has been mention of this. Many people have androids and will be in the same position. Needs 6.0 version but in Australia the Samsung phone only has 5.1......

So no. I will not be downloading the app!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If the app makes it to everyone except the tinfoil hat wearers and those with incompatible phones, then the penetration will be more than enough to be a genuine success.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I have a 4 year old samsung galaxy with latest update. The Covidsafe app is not compatible with the phone. I can't access the app. Laughable really that there has been mention of this. Many people have androids and will be in the same position. Needs 6.0 version but in Australia the Samsung phone only has 5.1......

So no. I will not be downloading the app!

I bought a new Samsung earlier this year as my 7 year old Samsung was no longer compatible with any apps. Absolute disgrace by Samsung forcing people to buy new phones instead of providing a patch update for free.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I bought a new Samsung earlier this year as my 7 year old Samsung was no longer compatible with any apps. Absolute disgrace by Samsung forcing people to buy new phones instead of providing a patch update for free.

Not sure if you're serious or not. But in case you are, the simple fact is that the older phones are just not powerful enough to handle the latest OS and Updates. At some point the manufacturers need to make a call about what's deemed end of life and support for the model ends. It would cost them way to much to support a small minority of users when really they prefer you buy new phones.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I get to the enter mobile number in and it just loads indefinitely.

I'm the same, have downloaded and installed but can't register, when it gets to enter your mobile number it starts with +61 but when i enter my mobile number it comes up with invalid number so i can't get PIN and register.

How do you enter a mobile number after the +61?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Sorry to hear man, but you aint alone you can be sure of that.

I have yet to download that update.

I always go on line to check whether its safe yet to download and as usual the tech gurus all said wait as the latest update was full of bugs and holes.

I always wait till they release the update afterward with the fixes.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
You just drop the zero at the start for that @caesar but mine still just spins and then says it is still invalid.

Tried that and i am experiencing the same. Will try again in a day or two, am sure it will be reported and rectified.

Cheers

Last edited:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah not able to register tonight. Did my own phone last night with east but can't get the kids phones to work - same issue that Richo has pointed out.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Just loaded it on. Registered perfectly. Think its a great idea.
Personally if by chance I come across anyone who might get affected, I would definitely like to be contacted so as to be tested.

FWIW have a Samsung S10e.
Used both with & without the 0 and start of my mobile as I accidentally went out to get 6 digit pin to verify and had to restart registration.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
I voted yes and downloaded the app last night. No issues, working fine on my phone.

I did it despite having privacy concerns, being that I don't trust the LNP with my data... in fact I don't trust the LNP to do anything right by me as I don't support the LNP and the LNP doesn't govern equally for everyone. But I don't trust any politicians for that matter, Labor, Greens etc - I think anyone who shows an interest in being a politician should be immediately statute-barred from becoming a politician. Instead we should have a system to conscript successful captains of industry to undertake fixed term roles running skill-specific aspects of the country at a reduced remuneration rate, and they can only return to their high-paying private jobs early if they hit their KPIs.

But anyway, I downloaded it for two reasons:
a) this is a medical crisis and politics and paranoia should be put to one side;
b) if I get COVID-19 I like the idea of someone being able to find the f****r who gave it to me.

• Haha