Positives | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Positives

Warpig

Tiger Cub
Jun 9, 2003
Queensland
A few positives are coming out this season:

1. We have a positive win/loss ration and a % over 100 (just). We finish the season with games we won at the start. If we win 4 of the next 7 we are a chance.

2. Tivendale is back to his 2001 form, kicking out well and driving the ball into fwd 50.

3. In the first half a dozen games, we found other avenues to goal - mainly through our midfield dominance.

4. We have a good midfield. Injures to Blumfield & Campbell, plus Coughlan & Johnson are carrying niggles has meant that we are down at the moment. Given the break they should be right.

5. The improvement of the kids...Krak, Rodan, Zantuck, Newman & Coughlan. Expect 2 more to be given a go towards the latter half of the season.

6. This is Miller's 1st season with the club - he can't make radical changes overnight, but the recruiting was pretty good last year IMO. Blumfield, Johnson & Fleming are all playing seniors when fit - the same can't be said for many other clubs.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Warpig said:
A few positives are coming out this season:

1. We have a positive win/loss ration and a % over 100 (just). We finish the season with games we won at the start. If we win 4 of the next 7 we are a chance.
10 wins will not get us into the finals. But it will get us average draft picks.

2. Tivendale is back to his 2001 form, kicking out well and driving the ball into fwd 50.
Yes that is a positive. To Tivs credit he never stopped trying.

3. In the first half a dozen games, we found other avenues to goal - mainly through our midfield dominance.
But once a bit of pressure was applied we reverted back to old habits. Nothing has changed here.

4. We have a good midfield. Injures to Blumfield & Campbell, plus Coughlan & Johnson are carrying niggles has meant that we are down at the moment. Given the break they should be right.
Only on paper. Everytime we have played a top 8 side our midfield has been soundly beaten.

5. The improvement of the kids...Krak, Rodan, Zantuck, Newman & Coughlan. Expect 2 more to be given a go towards the latter half of the season.
I wouldn't include Rodan. But the rest have shown signs. But you have conveniently overlooked the disappointing duo of Fiona and Petrified. Recruiting still sucks.

6. This is Miller's 1st season with the club - he can't make radical changes overnight, but the recruiting was pretty good last year IMO. Blumfield, Johnson & Fleming are all playing seniors when fit - the same can't be said for many other clubs.
Recruiting was woeful last year. 2 kids!! All because Beck can't make friends. Blumfield has had zero impact and Johnson while solid has disappointed in big games (excluding WC).

Fleming is one-dimensional and Nichols injury prone. Sipthorpe is struggling in coburgs reserves but I keep hearing that Shulz is a goer!

How many years of mediocrity does it take to relise that our current list is simply not going to win us a premiership? And no amount of top up players or short term fixes are going to change that fact.

Warpig

Tiger Cub
Jun 9, 2003
Queensland
let me rephrase my 1st positive:

We are on 6 wins at present, if we win 4 of the next 7 that is 10.

Then there is another 4 rounds to play which we have a very good chance of winning 3 of them to make the finals with 13 wins.

St Kilda - win
Port in Melb - lose
Essendon - win
Hawthorn - win

The next 7 rounds:

Carlton - win
Brisbane - lose
Adelaide - lose
Geelong - win
Collingwood - win
Bulldogs - win
Freo - lose

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Brisbane will be tough no doubt, but Adeliade we can beat the yare overrated. They have 2 players that kill us everytime McLeod and Brett Burton. Burton is injured but should play, McLeod well hopefully for once he wont bury us. Stop them we should win. They have no forwards adn i would back our forwards against Hart and Smart. Midfield is the key to that game.

We can beat Port in Melbourne too, if the dees can do it then i have no doubt we can.