What the team may (should) be.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What the team may (should) be....

Warpig

Tiger Cub
Jun 9, 2003
Queensland
Hi all, I missed you all but have been reading the forum for the past 6 months and decided the Tiges need my wisdom if they are to turn around the losing streak.....

Spud hinted at 4-5 changes and with that in mind, below is what may happen this week.

B: Zantuck Vardy Newman
HB: Chaffey Hall A Kellaway
C: Bowden Coughlan Tivendale
HF: *smile* Richardson Houlihan
F: Krakouer Ottens Fiora

C: Stafford Johnson Campbell

Int: Rodan, Hyde, Fleming, D Kellaway

In: *smile*, Campbell, Hyde, D Kellaway, Vardy

Out: Gaspar, Rogers, King, Cameron, Hilton

Reasons.
Gaspar - Injured
Rogers - Getting easy touches and wasting them, didn't see him go in for many hard balls.
King - Forgotten how to get the ball - maybe we should send him a picture of one so he knows what he is looking for.
Cameron - can be the "Barometer" of the side but is struggling at present. Getting manned up and lacking pace to break the tag.
Hilton - All been said already!

Vardy - Straight swap for Gas.
*smile* - A bit more height around the ground wouldn't hurt.
Campbell - If fit, otherwise expect Rogers to stay in.
Hyde - Has shown a bit and deserves a crack, will have more of a dip than Hilton.
D Kellaway - Someone to marshall the troops in the guts and dish out the handballs.

Fiora and Hall have been mentioned in other posts to be dropped, but they have talent and are having a dip, play them in different positions where they may get some touches to restore confidence....we can't drop 7 players.

That'll do me for my first post back.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome young fella here's hoping your comeback runs Richmond into a bit of form. ;)

I couldn't even guess a team this week. Too many variables.

Johnson and Fiora have been listed as doubtful.

Are Campbo and Dunc fit enough to come back before the break?

I see you didn't include your dream player? Ready to concede defeat yet, ha? ;D

Which brings me to Fiora. Where has he been playing this year, I can't keep track of him. Would love to see him settle into a possie running off the half back line.

Warpig

Tiger Cub
Jun 9, 2003
Queensland
yes............I concede.

I guess my expectations placed too much pressure on the lad.

Now that I've given up, watch him star!!!!!

If Johnson & Fiora miss, Cameron & King would most likely stay in.

Fiora has been used all over the place what I can tell - not that I get to see much with the cr@p TV coverage up here!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Campbell wont play until after the break, still looked proppy at Coburg

One or both of Johnson and Fiora will miss, so hard to try and name a team this early.

Schulz must be given a game this week.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Howdy Warpig. The Tiges need all the wisdom they can muster at this point in time :).

The changes this week will depend on whether Johnson and Fiora play.

Vardy for Gas is obvious.
I think Rogers and Cameron will stay in the side.
Hilton and King should be dropped back to Coburg but if Johnson and Fiora both miss then I can't see any unforced changes happening.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
This is how I'd have them line up:

FB: Zantuck Vardy Chaffey
HB: Kellaway Holland Tivendale
C: Newman Coughlan Rogers
HF: Rodan Richardson Schulz
FF: Cameron Ottens Krakouer
Foll: Stafford Bowden Johnson
Int: Fleming, Hyde, Fiora, Houlihan
EMG: Pettifer, Hall, Biddiscombe

Out: King, Hall, Hilton, Gaspar,
In: Holland, Schulz, Vardy, Hyde,

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
According to Greg Hutcheson on club corner tonight - Cambo will be back after the break, Fiora will most likely play, Johnson is only 50-50 (I take that as probably wont play), Holland maybe needs an extra week with Coburg seeing he was suspended last week.

That probably only leaves DK (if he pulled up ok), Bidders, and Vardy as likely inclusions this week.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Tiges4ever said:
According to Greg Hutcheson on club corner tonight - Cambo will be back after the break, Fiora will most likely play, Johnson is only 50-50 (I take that as probably wont play), Holland maybe needs an extra week with Coburg seeing he was suspended last week.

That probably only leaves DK (if he pulled up ok), Bidders, and Vardy as likely inclusions this week.

From Gregs comments it sounded like schulz wasn't even a consideration for this weeks game.

It appears that the wholesale changes will be Vardy and Bscum for Johnson and Gaspar.

It was interesting that Greg said that Mcgrath was a big chance to play this week had he not got injured during training last week. How appropriate to say this when he's out injured for 3 weeks.

I really don't know why I listen to this program and those two clowns Tony Greenburg and Andrew Hughes. Its excuses after excuses with them two and Greg Hutchinson joined in also. Some examples - "We played well on friday but the emotion of the game got North over the line", "we are still 6 and 5 and if someone had said that we'd be in this position at the beginning of the year we would have been happy with this", "Look there's no use bagging the players as it was the same players that got us to 6 and 2", and my favourite "Look we just need to be patient and support Danny and the boys".

I was actually starting to believe them. ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
LOL - they might as well have all these excuses pre-recorded and just press the play button ;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
The whole show is probably pre-recorded. They just spew forth the same rhetoric every week. And the callers that call in must be pre-arranged calls. No one takes them to task!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Yep, same old excuses again, and to say that anytime you have more wins than losses is good, and we are happy with 6 - 5 shows the problem down there

We cant be happy with where we are now, particularly from 6-2, we really should be 8-3.

Other things which annoyed me from last night's radio show:

Saying Schulz wont get a game because he is struggling in key positions. Put him in a forward or back pocket then, no one is expecting him to be a star key position player at age 18

Saying McGrath would have played had he not been injured, when he clearly isnt in the plans at the moment

And... saying that Kelvin Moore isnt in line for promotion because he is just a kid, only 18. Why can every other club play young players but we cant?

Bones

I'm a llama!
May 26, 2003
not not too sure what the side will look like this week. Watched Coburg on Sat and there was not much to cheer about about at that game.

Kellaway - played OK but still does not look fit - will come in this week being at the G and maybe a wet day

Draga - only battled - maybe a chance with it being wet and would be better than King & Hilton anyway

Hyde - great trier but not good enough

Vardy - played up forward and changed in Ruck - did not do much

Pettifer - took three marks in a row in the third qtr on the lead - missed goal each time - does not look interested - happy to push & shove other players

Bidders - probably played best - must come in which does not say much

*smile* - played full back - hardly touched the ball - not ready

Moore - looks OK - moves well but needs more muscle - would be pushed around too much against the big boys but will be a player

Mills & Nicholls - both did hamstrings early in the game

Shir - played in Coburg seconds

not very encouraging but we must make changes

IN - HOLLAND / KELLAWAY / DRAGA / BIDDERS

OUT - GASPAR / HILTON / KING / FIORA

a bit of a risk playing holland & draga after injuries but playing them may give some other players a lift

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Bones said:
Mills & Nicholls - both did hamstrings early in the game

Is this Nicholls second hammy this year? And is he the player we took on who has a previous history of hamstring troubles?

If so it's a bit of a worry. I liked the look of the guy but it's a risk taking on a player with chronic problems in that area.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Yep, did his hamstring against Essendon and again on Saturday for Coburg.

He missed basically all of last year at Hawthorn with hamstring and shoulder problems for memory

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
ahhhh these posts bring a tear to my eye!!!!

Beware guys do not tell the rest of the posters the truth about whats happening down at tigerland!!!! They're still a bit upset that they missed santa claus last christmas!!! Said they fell asleep when he came down the chimney!!!!

Gees we must be the only club who cant play 18 year old because they are kids!!!! Must be a different batch of kids we have down there compared to the other 15 clubs!!!! Gee i wonder how those kids Newman, Coughlan, Zantuck have become great players!!!! They werent kids that were actaully given a go were they????

Also beware lads and ladies that the BIG axe of our fearless leader SPUD is being swung!!! Tell him to put his axe were it fits coz we know whos IN and OUT already!!!Biddiscombe, Vardy, Pettifer!!! Lets give these guys their 100th chance of actually touching the ball, while those POOR little kids(who probably can play)grow up learning how to play reserves football!!!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
FUD - that has to be the funniest post I've ever read - keep em coming. ;D