PRE 2015 Phantom Draft is Now Live | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2015 Phantom Draft is Now Live

Here's Marcus in his first season in the WAFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK1WGuqQyuM

Reported on BF from a Bombers supporter that we have had multiple meetings with Collins. Read into that what you will.

Does anyone have a link to the champion data ratings for the draftees?

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Reported on BF from a Bombers supporter that we have had multiple meetings with Collins. Read into that what you will.

Bombers have had multiple meetings with Adams as well and a re keen on him as he can play both ends.

SCOOP said:
I'll take you on that old son. Collins will be a very, very good player. Daniel Talia good.

Not with you at all mate.

Collins is pretty one-paced and looks a straight liner. Reckon he has a real leg up beating up on under 18’s with his 100kg frame, that won’t be the case in the big time.

Your Talia’s, McDonalds, Rance’s, Hookers etc are more athletically gifted than this guy. Don’t understand the love at all. Not many Ben Ruttens around anymore. Huge pass at where he is being talked about going.

Turk's next up with North, almost there with 6 days to go, let's keep things rolling.

bullus_hit said:
Adams didn't play early in his career due to a bout of OP, he's a fresh face as far as the state leagues are concerned, the fact he can play forward is also a bonus. Weideman kicked 5.2 on Collins and he's as slow as a wet week, 8.62 isn't that great either, bottom half of the field, my other state league fancy Stuart Donnelly ran a 7.96, this is elite territory. But aside from that it's observation, Collins has exercised his right to be a manchild at the carnival, I'm not buying into the hype and duly note the issues that guys like Matthew Watson have had. There are exceptions like Eric McKenzie and I'm not writing him off completely, but he's a clear risk in my eyes.

The day Weideman kicked 5.2, Collins had 21 touches nine marks and was judged best afield. 8.62 slow for a man his size? Don't think so.

As for being a man child, rather draft that then a rake. His football IQ is elite and is a great intercept mark. Don't see the risk as a KP. Long-time Hawthorn recruiter Gary Buckenara had him at number three on his rankings and said he was very similar to Brian Lake.

#47 North Melbourne

Sam Skinner (VIC – KPP)
Height: 197cm, Weight: 96kg, DOB: 29/06/1997
Recruited from: Gippsland Power

North Melbourne have 2 players that are integral to their game plan & Structures as well as future finals aspirations, These 2 players both have probably just 1 year left before retirement and will be very very much missed by the club and needed replacing this year. Drew Petrie & Boomer Harvey

With the Roo's 1st pick #17 I managed to get the best possible replacement for boomer in Jade Gresham and I believe with #47 I have managed to do the same with Sam Skinner. I had considered taking Skinner with #28 But felt that Glass-McCasker wouldnt last to #47 so had to pull the trigger in the hope that skinner is still available and to my luck it has worked out perfectly.

So Far
#17 - Jade Gresham (Boomer's replacement)
#28 - Jesse Glass-McKasker ( Firrito's replacement)
#47 - Sam Skinner (Petrie's replacement)

SCOOP said:
The day Weideman kicked 5.2, Collins had 21 touches nine marks and was judged best afield. 8.62 slow for a man his size? Don't think so.

As for being a man child, rather draft that then a rake. His football IQ is elite and is a great intercept mark. Don't see the risk as a KP. Long-time Hawthorn recruiter Gary Buckenara had him at number three on his rankings and said he was very similar to Brian Lake.

If a guy kicks 5.2 on me I would feel I have had my colours lowered, he may have had a respectable day but that's the acid test - goals against. Weideman has been one of those barometers for me, not fast but still fast enough to have had some scoreboard impact against a guy with some major question marks. I didn't think his opposition at the carnival was much chop either, Bucky rates him highly and I respect that, I just feel he's a classic boom/bust scenario and I think the odds are against him when he steps up to the next level. As far as the agility is concerned, his time puts him in the bottom half of all the players tested, it's a pass but by no means a strength.

Hawthorn taking too long, Hawks pick the next best available at pick #48 - Hisham Kerbatieh (sorry Scoop, I know you had him lined up but the well is dry)

With Pick 49 Port Adelaide Select Blake Hardwick from the Eastern Ranges at 181cm who had bags of 12, 10 and 8 goals this year

I am keen for us to grab this kid with our second pick. I think he could be a real smokey later in the draft. Great kid who keeps finding the ball.

Melbourne take another West Perth lad Clint Hinchliffe.

bullus_hit said:
Hawthorn taking too long, Hawks pick the next best available at pick #48 - Hisham Kerbatieh (sorry Scoop, I know you had him lined up but the well is dry)

Apologies. the draft went from 35 to 48 too quick for me.
i didnt have a pick lined up so happy to go with HK.

Sammy C said:
With Pick 49 Port Adelaide Select Blake Hardwick from the Eastern Ranges at 181cm who had bags of 12, 10 and 8 goals this year

definitely interested to see how this fella goes if he is indeed picked up on a primary list, tremendous spring and accurate set shot

bullus_hit said:

He was fall back Bully.

At this stage, The Dogs take Spook's boy, Kurt Mutimer.

A 2.88 20 meter sprint and the ability to set the game off half back make this kid a perfect fit for the Dogs style.

Actuall my thought he'd be gone by 40.

SCOOP said:
He was fall back Bully.

At this stage, The Dogs take Spook's boy, Kurt Mutimer.

A 2.88 20 meter sprint and the ability to set the game off half back make this kid a perfect fit for the Dogs style.

Actuall my thought he'd be gone by 40.
Damn it. Strongly considered him back at 31. Almost had him last to my next pick, would have been stoked had he done so.

Well this was a tough one. Considered a Ruckman here but decided to stick to the plan. Our need for more pace and x-factor was just too strong at this point.

So at pick 52 the Tigers take...

Stephen Tahana
North Adelaide/South Australia
2/2/97
182cm/72kg
Half-back
With a bounce and stretch in his marking and sublime speed on the ground, Tahana offers plenty of drive off half-back. The South Australian has already played senior football with North Adelaide in the SANFL, and shown his bravery in the air. Tahana backs himself, takes players on and uses his pace to effect (he has ran a 2.89-second 20-metre sprint).

Tigers of Old said:
Sydney Swans - Pick 54
Alex Morgan - Oakleigh Chargers
Mature ager who's dual sided and quick.

Very very good pickup here for the swans, Alex has alot of tricks and always has time to deliver with accuracy as well as having fantastic speed

Doubt he will last until this late in the real deal

I notice 55. Greater Western Sydney is missing bullus were those points allocated ?