Preliminary Final Week 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preliminary Final Week 2021

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
All game Hinkley looked like he knew there was nothing he could do. The Port players were not winning contested ball, were being outnumbered and the pressure was too much. Footscray kept this up all game. Can't blame him for sitting there with a glum face, I couldn't see what he could have done.

Both Melbourne and Footscray looked impressive this week. I reckon Melbourne more likely winners but would prefer to see Footscray win.

Grand Final could be a real cracker.

DS
Agree 100% David.
Would love to see the Doggies win and who knows, stranger things have happened

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
All game Hinkley looked like he knew there was nothing he could do. The Port players were not winning contested ball, were being outnumbered and the pressure was too much. Footscray kept this up all game. Can't blame him for sitting there with a glum face, I couldn't see what he could have done.

Both Melbourne and Footscray looked impressive this week. I reckon Melbourne more likely winners but would prefer to see Footscray win.

DS
If they are ‘on’ either could win but it is hard to see how the Digs might nullify Gawn.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I only feel sorry for Aliir. Poor bloke's busted his gut only to fall short with d-head team mates.

huh? He was WOG. He was nullified and humiliated by ......... josh schache

id been wondering all year why sydney let him go,

but they obviously knew he had a defective ticker.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d be calling our gal Emma Murray if I was the Dees over the next fortnight, they will be having that “ours to lose “ feel as where the doggies will have that “ kicked the last 5 goals to be back in front feel “ could be a beauty. One things for sure it’s going to be a lot easier to sleep the next 2 weeks compared to the last couple of GFs

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014

He sure didn’t look as flash without being able to do as he pleased.

It’s amazing how quickly someone can be made to look like a chump.

And some of his disposals under pressure were amateurish.

Big fall from grace last night, and something for other teams to work with.

What a wonderful night of footy/

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He sure didn’t look as flash without being able to do as he pleased.

It’s amazing how quickly someone can be made to look like a chump.

And some of his disposals under pressure were amateurish.

Big fall from grace last night, and something for other teams to work with.

What a wonderful night of footy/

Its 95% likely Bevo goes with the same plan and plays Schache on Lever.

some of the early blocking on Allir wasn't legal,

but then he completely dropped his bundle and looked like he was playing with his eyes closed.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Its 95% likely Bevo goes with the same plan and plays Schache on Lever.

some of the early blocking on Allir wasn't legal,

but then he completely dropped his bundle and looked like he was playing with his eyes closed.
Yep, I’d have players camped out on both Lever and May.

Both of which would have shocking breath, just to let them both know they’re around.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

DS
Was going to go for the dees, just because of their drought and how I felt in 2017. But then I looked at what the dogs have had to go through during the finals. First off, go to tassie. Keeping the druggies losing finals streak going, that’s a tick. Then having to go up to Brisbane. Beating those pricks, another tick. Also while apparently enduring some bad conditions at their hotel. Then having to fly over to Perth to quarantine even though they were playing in Adelaide next. Then flying over there. Beating those port arseholes, tick. Then flying back to Perth. If they win, they thoroughly deserve it.
Melbourne on the other hand. They did humiliate the pussies on the big stage. A massive tick.
Will be happy watching it as a true neutral and not being fussed which team wins it. Love watching Gawn, love watching Bontempelli. Happy to see either hold the cup up

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I reckon these Prelims showed , what a brilliant and must strategy Blair came up with . The Richmond man dosent go missing in big games , he plays 100% for the team even when he’s having a Bazza Crocker . We may give up a bit in talent at times however I’d dead set bloody spew up if Gary Rohan or Steven Motlop played for us . Both those teams are littered with “ pretty” players who are great in the less intense H & A , however when the heat goes on they play with a few men down . Cats are absolutely cooked , be shocked if they make the 8 next year, lol dosent matter if they do anyway , Port for me are on the up , obviously have to weed some weeds out , I’m not convinced Kenny is the man , is he one of those people who it just dosent happen for ?

Though I’m born an bred Victorian I could give a rats it’s to Vic clubs in the GF, in saying that very happy for both supporter groups and so much happier for either team to win that either of the other Victorian club which would now be my least respected club in history

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
There is probably a bit of hindsight in this post, but surely a team that has Dixon and Marshall as its 2 key forwards , with Motlop and Fantasia at their feet is not going to win the flag. Add to that a midfield of Wines and Boak, and not much else.
They lack the star power needed, and midfield depth.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I reckon these Prelims showed , what a brilliant and must strategy Blair came up with . The Richmond man dosent go missing in big games , he plays 100% for the team even when he’s having a Bazza Crocker . We may give up a bit in talent at times however I’d dead set bloody spew up if Gary Rohan or Steven Motlop played for us . Both those teams are littered with “ pretty” players who are great in the less intense H & A , however when the heat goes on they play with a few men down . Cats are absolutely cooked , be shocked if they make the 8 next year, lol dosent matter if they do anyway , Port for me are on the up , obviously have to weed some weeds out , I’m not convinced Kenny is the man , is he one of those people who it just dosent happen for ?

Though I’m born an bred Victorian I could give a rats it’s to Vic clubs in the GF, in saying that very happy for both supporter groups and so much happier for either team to win that either of the other Victorian club which would now be my least respected club in history

Robbie Gray and Boak 33 yrs old will soon leave a hole and reckon they can be shaky down back.

Dee's could well have a mini dynasty, sensational defence, (securing Lever and May a masterstroke), sensational midfield and forward line will only improve with Jackson and Kozzie set to be stars.

Dogs the other one, weakness is defense but everything else they have in order and have U-Hagen in wings and will pick up 204cm F/S Darcy in draft.

Tige's - IMO we have had our time.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Robbie Gray and Boak 33 yrs old will soon leave a hole and reckon they can be shaky down back.

Dee's could well have a mini dynasty, sensational defence, (securing Lever and May a masterstroke), sensational midfield and forward line will only improve with Jackson and Kozzie set to be stars.

Dogs the other one, weakness is defense but everything else they have in order and have U-Hagen in wings and will pick up 204cm F/S Darcy in draft.

I was thinking the same thing about Port this time last year, however they do have a plethora of young talent coming through , imho they’ll play finals again. Dogs have a very good young nucleus in Bont, Naughtin, English, Smith and if Ugle- Hagen comes on quick then they can have the best key back in the comp if they want to swing Naughtin back .

On us , the young talent we have now and are about to get will determine our next block . We must find an A grade young tall forward

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Unfortunately, I seem to remember a multiple AA defender getting toweled up by some flog called U.S.A. not so long ago. *smile* does happen sometimes, especially when your whole team is being mauled all at the same time.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

I think you're right across the board there, Jules. Like all of us, I'd love us to bounce back and snag another and we still might, yet for the last couple of months the same ear worm keeps popping unprompted into my head, a single line from Eminem's Till I collapse:

"When your run is over just admit when it's at its end."

The Dees and Dogs are young, with their best players in their prime or approaching it. Our best players are almost all past their best. We have some talented youth but no next Dusty, Chimp, or Jack. If we recruit well this off-season and our youth comes on and we get a gun free agent, we might steal another flag. Regardless, we shouldn't fear a couple of years low on the ladder - if we can build a solid young group and then add a couple of elite juniors we'll have rebuilt quickly.

I was thinking the same thing about Port this time last year, however they do have a plethora of young talent coming through , imho they’ll play finals again. Dogs have a very good young nucleus in Bont, Naughtin, English, Smith and if Ugle- Hagen comes on quick then they can have the best key back in the comp if they want to swing Naughtin back .

On us , the young talent we have now and are about to get will determine our next block . We must find an A grade young tall forward
Naughton is too good a forward to ever play back again. If U-H comes on they can throw Bruce back.

On us, you are spot on.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Probably already mentioned but were these the biggest blowouts in prelim history?