Preliminary Final Week 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preliminary Final Week 2021

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bevo getting some criticism of his criticism of the criticism of treloar.

I loved how Bevo dived into the marital bed.

I dont know how you can sleep at night? (we've all heard that one)

...... beside someone like that?

took it to another level.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I loved how Bevo dived into the marital bed.

I dont know how you can sleep at night? (we've all heard that one)

...... beside someone like that?

took it to another level.
He also said after the game it was a great win because they had no Conner Newity. Does he play on the HBF?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Both teams in this years GF have better foot skills than any of our teams did.
They've copied & modified aspects of our hugely successful gameplan & improved it. Rule changes have played some part in that. We can't control that.
That's no disrespect to us, every team throughout history has been better than the team that won flags the year before.
Our challenge is to improve again.

True.

We will have to bring something new to the table.

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Both teams in this years GF have better foot skills than any of our teams did.
They've copied & modified aspects of our hugely successful gameplan & improved it. Rule changes have played some part in that. We can't control that.
That's no disrespect to us, every team throughout history has been better than the team that won flags the year before.
Our challenge is to improve again.
Could be heresy here but either the Demons on Friday or the Bulldogs on Saturday would have beaten every AFL team ever assembled, except each other. GF might be crap but their PF performances were the best I've ever seen. Very happy to see them play off for the flag.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Decent spray by Bevo. Apparently aimed at Karen, Watson and King.

But some of that stuff was just nasty.
If you’re going to fail in life, fail at something that is noble; fail at something you can dust yourself off and be proud that you had a go.
If you’re failing at trying to pull people apart and bring them down, like two or three journalists did this week, I don’t know how people can live with that, how they can lie in bed with that, how they can look at themselves in the mirror.
It was just really poor, vindictive stuff and really distasteful.
Adam had an average game last week - he didn’t like it.

What a great night for him (against Port) to be able to withstand that.
I’m really proud of him and just bloody disappointed in people who were just really nasty.

But that's what a good coach does, protects his players and the players know they coach had their back.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Could be heresy here but either the Demons on Friday or the Bulldogs on Saturday would have beaten every AFL team ever assembled, except each other. GF might be crap but their PF performances were the best I've ever seen. Very happy to see them play off for the flag.
The game* has vastly changed this year from years past so I don't think comparisions are fair but these two play the current format brilliantly.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Definitely Heresy, fetch the comfy chair :p

Actually I reckon our 2019 team and possibly even the 2018 team would have given them a fair crack. But I agree that both those teams were magnificent on the weekend, and a nice quick competitive game they play too (now, get rid of the stupid new rules and let them get on with it). The game continues to develop and this year's wooden spooners would thrash a premiership team from years ago, but I reckon our team from the last few years would be competitive.

Go much earlier and yeah, they would run all over teams from years gone by.

So, we develop too, take the pressure game and add some better skills and we're not that far off.

DS

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Definitely Heresy, fetch the comfy chair :p

Actually I reckon our 2019 team and possibly even the 2018 team would have given them a fair crack. But I agree that both those teams were magnificent on the weekend, and a nice quick competitive game they play too (now, get rid of the stupid new rules and let them get on with it). The game continues to develop and this year's wooden spooners would thrash a premiership team from years ago, but I reckon our team from the last few years would be competitive.

Go much earlier and yeah, they would run all over teams from years gone by.

So, we develop too, take the pressure game and add some better skills and we're not that far off.

DS
A quick game with good delivery skills makes a talented forward line even more dangerous. Reckon we'll be better having Bolton and Stack play up forward next year to support the talls.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Best 2 sides over the course of the season so deserved Grand Finalists.

Port almost frauded their way to a Grand Final but got found out yet again as did the Bears and Pensioners.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I reckon port choked big time. Dogs just played pretty regulation footy. I'm quite surprised anyone would get that excited.
Melbourne by 8 goals in the gf

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I reckon port choked big time. Dogs just played pretty regulation footy. I'm quite surprised anyone would get that excited.
Yep was saying to Dees supporter today. Lions should have really won that final and they are *smile*.

Feb 25, 2007

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the dogs win. As oldie said cats were worse. Dogs have the running power and foot skills to take it right up to the dees.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
You may be right Snake but Geelong were worse than Port from what I saw.
I may also be wrong. I can't remember seeing such a look of fear in the faces of a footy team as Port. Dogs got a couple of goals and they shat themselves. Hesitant, scared footy, nobody going for the footy, nobody running, It was like night of the living dead. For me dogs played competent, regulation finals footy and met a side that got the fear. Melbourne were indomitable.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wow 10 goal lead at half time.

I can see Port falling off a bit of a cliff from here too. They loaded up to win a premiership and I don't think they'll be doing it with this list.

Their best players are getting older, they need some element of a little rebuild also (nothing like what the Cats need to do though).

Look at their best players.
Gray - 33
Boak - 33
Dixon - 30
Jonas - 30

Much like the Cats, I don't see Port being as good next year
Dixon is a fraud and not in any teams list of best players. Never ever plays well when it matters. Gets a game because he is big and athletic.
Ports best players are younger, they won’t fall off a cliff like Geelong but they’ve got some mental demons to overcome now.
And surely Gray was injured he’s never played that poorly in his life.