Premier League 2022/2023/2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Will be sacked within 3 months. Wellington Phoenix already getting their ducks (sheep) in a row.

Oh well, it was good for Ange while it lasted.

We all know how Levy operates, but a 4 year deal would suggest that they are going to give Ange time to sort out the squad. He hinted at this in his statement re Ange's appointment. Levy might even be copying what the other North London side have done with Arteta, who was lucky to have survived a couple of years ago.

It looks like Kane and Lloris are leaving (among a few others), so there is going to be a massive squad overhaul. That also means Ange will have money to bring in his own players. I can see us picking the bones of the relegated Leicester City.

Possibly, but either works it works out great for Ange.

Do well and last 4 years - you've fixed a broekn club
Get sacked early - Your bank balance will look awesome

I have heard Conte was on £15m. Even if Ange is on a quarter of that, he will earn about $28m AUD over 4 years before bonuses.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
We all know how Levy operates, but a 4 year deal would suggest that they are going to give Ange time to sort out the squad. He hinted at this in his statement re Ange's appointment. Levy might even be copying what the other North London side have done with Arteta, who was lucky to have survived a couple of years ago.

It looks like Kane and Lloris are leaving (among a few others), so there is going to be a massive squad overhaul. That also means Ange will have money to bring in his own players. I can see us picking the bones of the relegated Leicester City.

I have heard Conte was on £15m. Even if Ange is on a quarter of that, he will earn about $28m AUD over 4 years before bonuses.
Certainly won't be picking the bones of the relegated Leeds side. Nothing worth buying!

Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
The entrance for away fans is next level. Not only between peoples houses but you almost need to be a Singapore Airlines hostess to fit through the turnstile.
And the seating has about enough leg room for a toddler.

Although that is not uncommon in a lot of grounds across the UK, that hastily fitted seats to terraces designed for standing following the Taylor Report.

Last edited:

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
True, Wilfred Gnoto very promising.

Given where he is at, so early in his career, I’m still hoping he is a chance to stay and will get plenty of first team starting time at Championship level. However apparently attracting quite a bit of attention to return to Italy and play Serie A.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
True, Wilfred Gnoto very promising.

Given where he is at, so early in his career, I’m still hoping he is a chance to stay and will get plenty of first team starting time at Championship level. However apparently attracting quite a bit of attention to return to Italy and play Serie A.
it's a hard name to spell

• Haha

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

I wonder what the 49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds means? As in, how much financial clout does this investment group have? Can't find a lot of information on them. A bit mysterious. Hence can't get any context as to whether under their ownership, Leeds may have the capacity to match it with the larger clubs. Or at least gain promotion back to the Premier League and hold themselves there as a consistent performer.

I remember about a decade ago, reading about an American owner of several major league American sports franchises, went to the UK to investigate buying one of the larger (not the absolute largest group) football (soccer) clubs. Might have been the likes of Villa or Newcastle. He took one look at the financial landscape, how much money was required (and lost) and got on the first plane home. Gives some perspective of how much it takes to be competitive, that an American major league sports owner even saw it as prohibitive to the point that it was out of his league.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

I wonder what the 49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds means? As in, how much financial clout does this investment group have? Can't find a lot of information on them. A bit mysterious. Hence can't get any context as to whether under their ownership, Leeds may have the capacity to match it with the larger clubs. Or at least gain promotion back to the Premier League and hold themselves there as a consistent performer.

I remember about a decade ago, reading about an American owner of several major league American sports franchises, went to the UK to investigate buying one of the larger (not the absolute largest group) football (soccer) clubs. Might have been the likes of Villa or Newcastle. He took one look at the financial landscape, how much money was required (and lost) and got on the first plane home. Gives some perspective of how much it takes to be competitive, that an American major league sports owner even saw it as prohibitive to the point that it was out of his league.
Well, as a Niners fan I can tell you that the ownership group of the Niners are…what’s the word to use…bloody ordinary. Ok that’s two words. Anyway.

The Niners are owned by the York family. John and Denise York and their son Jed (who is also the CEO of the Niners.)

Denise is the sister of Eddie De Bartolo who used to own the Niners through their golden age. He was regarded as the best owner in the NFL but ran into some nefarious legal problems outside of the NFL and was forced to relinquish his hold on the Niners. He wanted to sell them, but his sister Denise and her *smile* husband ended up securing ownership rights after a bitter legal battle. The two are estranged as a result.

The De Bartolo family made its wealth from construction and property activities. Denise and her side of the family are worth about $5 billion USD.

Anyway, Denise’s fwit husband John York - who knew absolutely nothing about NFL football - totally and utterly mis managed the Niners and ran them into the ground. They went through CEO after CEO and coach after coach. The Bay Area hate the Yorks with a passion.

In the end, John York stepped aside and handed the reins over to his son Jed who, thankfully, has done a much better job of running the Niners. But even he has his critics in the Bay Area.

All up….in my personal opinion, based on their track record with the Niners, not a good ownership group for Leeds.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Well, as a Niners fan I can tell you that the ownership group of the Niners are…what’s the word to use…bloody ordinary. Ok that’s two words. Anyway.

The Niners are owned by the York family. John and Denise York and their son Jed (who is also the CEO of the Niners.)

Denise is the sister of Eddie De Bartolo who used to own the Niners through their golden age. He was regarded as the best owner in the NFL but ran into some nefarious legal problems outside of the NFL and was forced to relinquish his hold on the Niners. He wanted to sell them, but his sister Denise and her *smile* husband ended up securing ownership rights after a bitter legal battle. The two are estranged as a result.

The De Bartolo family made its wealth from construction and property activities. Denise and her side of the family are worth about $5 billion USD.

Anyway, Denise’s fwit husband John York - who knew absolutely nothing about NFL football - totally and utterly mis managed the Niners and ran them into the ground. They went through CEO after CEO and coach after coach. The Bay Area hate the Yorks with a passion.

In the end, John York stepped aside and handed the reins over to his son Jed who, thankfully, has done a much better job of running the Niners. But even he has his critics in the Bay Area.

All up….in my personal opinion, based on their track record with the Niners, not a good ownership group for Leeds.
Oh dear....... perhaps 16 years of turmoil and time in the wilderness coming up again.

The current majority stake owner, Andrea Radrizzani hasn't been the worst owner around, but not the best either. He did bring some stability after the chaos of previous owners. And he made an inspired high risk, high reward decision employing Marcelo Beilsa and his coaching team, which paid off. Beilsa had the squad playing above their ability level. So went from a consistently middling Championship side (previously even spending some time in League One), to two really strong years, culminating in their promotion to the Premier League. First year up in the first tier, was really strong, but eventually the lack of astute investment in the squad caught up with them. And the down hill slide was then inevitable. Hence the feeling was, Radrizzani had taken them about as far as he could. I think he had simply reached the peak of his ownership and administrative abilities as well as financial clout.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
EPL fixture already out and the Scouser BIL reckons Ange won't last 6 weeks especially if they lose 1st game away to Brentford.

Bookmarked. :mhihi

Last edited:

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
EPL fixture already out and the Scouser BIL reckons Ange won't last 6 weeks especially if they lose 1st game away to Brentford.

Bookmarked. :mhihi

I've been listening to Spurs fan podcasts since the Ange rumours started. The general consensus is that they are in rebuild mode and they need to be patient. I am pretty confident Ange will be given time to put everything in place.

They also believe Levy is finally taking a step back and Scott Munn (another Aussie) will be running the club day to day and they will be employing a new director of football soon who will be replacing the banned Paratici. So, its looking like a more traditional off-field setup.

As for the fixture, Ange has a tricky start with 4 of the first 6 away and United being our first home game. But from a personal point of view, consecutive home games against Brighton and Wolves on Feb 10 and 17 respectively will be the 2 games i am targeting.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I've been listening to Spurs fan podcasts since the Ange rumours started. The general consensus is that they are in rebuild mode and they need to be patient. I am pretty confident Ange will be given time to put everything in place.

They also believe Levy is finally taking a step back and Scott Munn (another Aussie) will be running the club day to day and they will be employing a new director of football soon who will be replacing the banned Paratici. So, its looking like a more traditional off-field setup.

As for the fixture, Ange has a tricky start with 4 of the first 6 away and United being our first home game. But from a personal point of view, consecutive home games against Brighton and Wolves on Feb 10 and 17 respectively will be the 2 games i am targeting.
I hope you're right with the new internal setup Bin, coz the Scouser BIL reckons their Chelsea match, if a loss, could also spark up problems for Ange. I'll be looking forward to this, coz I also wonder if the Scouser BIL's thoughts are more to do with 'WTF is an Aussie manager doing in the EPL???' :mhihi

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Ange and Spurs certainly overhauling the squad. 5 signings confirmed (2 of them are loans turned permanent). Maddison is a really good get. Still more to come. I expect to sign at least 2, possibly 3 CB's. I think they'll look at another winger and a holding midfielder.

Spurs keep saying Kane is staying, and i think he is. We're not really linked to any replacement strikers... which to me is a sign he's not going anywhere. No doubt Ange will back himself to convince Kane to stay.

On another note, does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to watch Spurs games? I was an Optus customer for 20+ years, but changed to Telstra 12 months ago and dumped Optus Sport. I don't fancy paying $25 per month. Do I just bite the bullet and pay $199 for the annual fee? Or are there other options?

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
On another note, does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to watch Spurs games? I was an Optus customer for 20+ years, but changed to Telstra 12 months ago and dumped Optus Sport. I don't fancy paying $25 per month. Do I just bite the bullet and pay $199 for the annual fee? Or are there other options?

So long as you're willing to watch the game with an hour delay you can get a link to a stream if you google "reddit football highlights". The links are a little dodgy and it's not high quality footage but it does the job for me. Each half is usually uploaded aboutb10 mins after it's finished. But I tend to watch the games the following day.

I've also googled for live streams and have found them at times, but again they're dodgy websites with popups everywhere. I don't have any specific examples of sites though.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Foxtel have punted BEIN Sports but annual subscriptions available for $130 until 19 August
Ffs. They have too. Geez they’re a bunch of ***. Where’s my discount on my Foxtel cost then ? At a minimum it should be $130.

No Scottish football or DTM racing from Germany.

What a pack of ***.

< Golf | Movies >