Premier League 2022/2023/2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024

I watched the first half last night and it feels like we are a long way off from bedding down Ange-Ball. The ball movement was too slow. Still very fragile defensively. Though you can already see Maddison and Bissouma will be great for us.

But anyway, congratulations Ange for being the first Aussie to coach in the Prem.

Scouser BIL still thinks Ange will be gone within 6 weeks especially now they sold Kane.

I don't know who this guy you keep referring to is, but he seems like a real half back flanker.

From an Ange perspective, i don't think its a total disaster Harry has left. Firstly, because he's less likely to press... which is a key component of Ange-Ball. Harry leaving also lowers expectations, which means people will be more patient and Ange will be given plenty of time. He won't be sacked if we are in the bottom half of the table at Xmas.

I'm actually glad the Harry Kane saga is over. It has been too much of a distraction. Lets just hope the money is spent wisely.

Reactions: 4 users
I watched the first half last night and it feels like we are a long way off from bedding down Ange-Ball. The ball movement was too slow. Still very fragile defensively. Though you can already see Maddison and Bissouma will be great for us.

But anyway, congratulations Ange for being the first Aussie to coach in the Prem.

I don't know who this guy you keep referring to is, but he seems like a real half back flanker.

From an Ange perspective, i don't think its a total disaster Harry has left. Firstly, because he's less likely to press... which is a key component of Ange-Ball. Harry leaving also lowers expectations, which means people will be more patient and Ange will be given plenty of time. He won't be sacked if we are in the bottom half of the table at Xmas.

I'm actually glad the Harry Kane saga is over. It has been too much of a distraction. Lets just hope the money is spent wisely.
He's my brother in law from Liverpool. Been here for nearly 20 years. Still knows nothing about aussie rules and AFL. Just thinks that managing any Scottish team doesn't make you a great manager. Might be a bit of a dig at Ange being an Aussie manager.

Reactions: 1 user
Managing Celtic doesn't make you a great manager, but doesn't make you a not great manager either. Ange has consistently stepped up levels his whole career, can't see why he doesn't do that here. I can understand why people who don't know him naturally expect him to struggle in the Prem though.

Spurs fans I know really like his directness, his desire to play Spurs like football, and the way he had the team playing in pre-season. And he'll get a least a full season to show something.

Spurs fans I know really like his directness, his desire to play Spurs like football, and the way he had the team playing in pre-season. And he'll get a least a full season to show something.

I've been listening to "The Last Word on Spurs" Podcast ever since he was appointed. After the initial scepticism, the general consensus is that Ange is a good appointment. There is a general acceptance that the club is in a rebuild mode and there won't be the type of fan revolt Spurs fans are notorious for (maybe with Levy, but not Ange). I think he'll get a couple of years to overhaul the squad. A coach who believes he needs to start well and start quickly to keep his job would probably not have started Skipp and Udogie last night

I've been listening to "The Last Word on Spurs" Podcast ever since he was appointed. After the initial scepticism, the general consensus is that Ange is a good appointment. There is a general acceptance that the club is in a rebuild mode and there won't be the type of fan revolt Spurs fans are notorious for (maybe with Levy, but not Ange). I think he'll get a couple of years to overhaul the squad. Starting Skipp and Udogie last night was a sign that he knows he will be given time.
Scouser BIL also reckons Levy told Kane he will not be sold to any EPL team especially Manure to block any attempt at them succeeding Spurs. Any team outside the EPL OK. I giggled.

• Love
Scouser BIL also reckons Levy told Kane he will not be sold to any EPL team especially Manure to block any attempt at them succeeding Spurs. Any team outside the EPL OK. I giggled.

It wasn’t a secret Levy didn’t wanna sell Kane to another Premier League club. I don’t think Levy wanted to sell Kane at all. But seeing him go to United or Chelsea for free next season is unthinkable. I’m sure Kane will come back in around 3 years to break the premier league goal scoring record and we hope its us. There will undoubtedly be a buy back clause.

It wasn’t a secret Levy didn’t wanna sell Kane to another Premier League club. I don’t think Levy wanted to sell Kane at all. But seeing him go to United or Chelsea for free next season is unthinkable. I’m sure Kane will come back in around 3 years to break the premier league goal scoring record and we hope its us. There will undoubtedly be a buy back clause.
Hasn't won a trophy for the 20 years he's been at Spurs, but why not try out under Ange?

Kane a great player but his leaving might be good for all concerned. Gives more room & funds to Postecoglou to mould the playing roster & style to his liking. Maddison already showing signs of being a key acquisition. Defence needs work but only week 1. Much to look forward to.

Defence needs work but only week 1. Much to look forward to.

Considering 3 of the back 5 were making their premier league debut, I thought they handled themselves well. The conceded goals were a soft penalty and an unfortunate deflection.

Spurs home to Manu next up.

They have a good chance to get something out of that if Manu don't step up.

Spurs fans have latched onto "AngeBall". Must say he's handling the UK press really well.

Nearing 1/2 time Villa shredding Everton, 2-0, could have been 4, 5....Early days but hoping there are 3 worse clubs can't be relied upon each season.

AngeBall at Spurs is so good to watch after Jose and Conte crap.