Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Davis was one of the very few examples I reckon. I think all of us at the ground would have ruled him out from 100 metres away.

I'd love to be privy to the conversations they had that led to him playing.
I need two jabs and i will be right.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
One inescapable truth is winners are geniuses and losers are underdone and never should have played.

Had we won the prelim in 2018 the story would have been about the courage of Astbury leading us to victory.

The reality is there are very few occasions when players play when they are not capable of doing so, but the scoreboard always decides opinions.

The tough thing about injuries is if a player carries something into a game and plays well, we never hear about it. We only hear about the rare cases that stand out for some reason, like Astbury or Davies.

Clubs are pretty smart and experienced with managing risk. I prefer to see us treat a final like any other game from a health point of view. Trouble seems to beckon when a club goes against all known risk management knowledge because of the occasion. The player is willing to die at war for their team. In round 9, the player knows they need to be up the week after, and the week after that... but a final, and particular a Grand Final, is different.

A club resisting that temptation and sticking to normal injury management seems the best way to do it.

Not so easy when it’s a Grand Final though and your captain believes it’s just a scratch.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Davis was one of the very few examples I reckon. I think all of us at the ground would have ruled him out from 100 metres away.

I'd love to be privy to the conversations they had that led to him playing.

"We're screwed anyway, so get out there and have a great day!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Grand Final, plenty of time to recover, bloody hard to get to a GF. Must play best players if they have a pulse and can walk more than 10 metres.

This is why I still reckon we were right to roll the dice and play Dusty in the 2018 PF, lose the game and you're finished for the season, play the match winner even if they are a bit injured.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Report seemed to play down a little the chance of Prestia coming back for first final. Was also going to play scratch match but they've canned that idea for more fitness training. They might hold him back til next final.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Might be a coincidence but I bumped into Neil Balme at Subway yesterday.
He was ordering the meatball sub

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
IMO play him this week whilst we have double chance, don't want him coming in cold for Semi or Prelim
I trust our conditioning staff.
They would know more than me and how he has progressed and trained during this recovery period from a serious injury.
Same with Lynch.

Both too important to risk.