Printers?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Printers??

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I'm buying a new printer on the weekend and I was wondering if anyone had some recomendations? Which is better inkjet or laser? I have about $400 to spend and no idea what sort of printer I want (except that I want one that does a decent job printing out photo's) so any suggestions would be appreciated.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I'm no expert TG on printers so I'll just go on personal experience.

I've got a Canon SP2000 at home and it's pretty good for what I need to do and pics come out ok. I got it for about $175 about 6 months ago. The only laser printers I have seen and used are here at work. The quality is excellent especially for photos but the $400 you have may only be enough for a deposit :-/

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
In general I am a computer Knitwit TG but..

We bought a Lexmark z33 about 6 months ago for the notebook. It's a inkjet but its picture quality is excellent. The other inkjet we have here at home is a canon. It seems to eat through the ink cartridges.

You can get a small laser for about $400-450 from places like Harvey Norman or Clive Peeters.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Thanks for that Koala and MT I'm planning on going to a few stores on the weekend to see what's available and get some prices, I might have to keep saving for a little while longer by the sounds of it though.