Prognosis improves for Everitt | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prognosis improves for Everitt

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
10:02:48 AM Thu 1 May, 2003
Barry Levinson
afl.com.au

Hawthorn ruckman Peter Everitt could return to football sooner than expected, with the big man recovering well from surgery on Monday to repair his fractured cheekbone.

Everitt was initially expected to miss between two to four weeks, but club football operations manager John Hook believes the ruckman is now a chance to miss only the one match.

“With the operation, the scenario was probably the best we could have expected,” Hook told Sport927. “He didn’t require a plate.

“I’d expect that he may (miss) a maximum of two. He’s feeling very good at the moment, and he may even be a chance to miss just the one.

“We’ll just have to wait and see what goes through next week, but I think two would be the maximum.”

Everitt’s cheekbone was fractured in the second quarter of last Saturday’s loss to Richmond, in a much publicised ruck contest with opponent Greg Stafford.

Stafford was cleared by the AFL Tribunal on Wednesday night of any wrongdoing and the Hawks were satisfied with the procedures that were followed.

“It (the incident) needed to be looked at and it was looked at and they’ve deemed it to be not guilty,” Hook said.

“I have no problems with the tribunal. They have looked at the case and they’ve made their decision, so that’s the end of it as far as the club is concerned.”

Surprise, Surprise, Staff gets cleared and Everitt's injury becomes a whole lot less severe.... hmmmm.

Thanks again to Spider for not breaking the code (although in this case there wasn't really a code to break) and also to Simon Madden, who, if it was accurate was quoted in the papers earlier in the week as saying it wasn't his style ( or words to that effect) when comparisons were being bandied about so freely before Wednesday night.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Is Hook trying now to be the voice of reason (after the event) following Ian Dikkers ;) pissin' and moanin'? :-\