Proposed Constitution Changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Proposed Constitution Changes

asian tetley said:
Make that 98.
Let's face it, if there was a decent challenge this mob would be gone.

I wouldn't be too sure about that after last night

Harry said:
There's definitely a mob mentality at these AGMs. It was interesting watching the cheer leaders at the front look you up and down when you raised your hand against the board. These people need to realise that you're not against the club if you don't follow the board.

That's just human nature. With us or against us. Just like on PRE if you don't join the mob to criticise the club and dimma at all opportunity your tagged as a club sympathser/plant. Don't let it get to you Harold, you get used to it after a decade of so.

Baloo said:
That's just human nature. With us or against us. Just like on PRE if you don't join the mob to criticise the club and dimma at all opportunity your tagged as a club sympathser/plant. Don't let it get to you Harold, you get used to it after a decade of so.

Thanks for your support dude, it was really getting to me.

Harry said:
Thanks for your support dude, it was really getting to me.

Yeah, I could tell. You've mentioned the cheer leaders 4 or 5 times in less than 24hrs

joegarra said:
At least Peter had the guts to get up and speak, even if I didn't agree with everything he said. I hope my trivial grievance of not getting our reserved seats at Etihad that we have paid for, gets sorted, I would prefer an opt out to an opt in system. :) I'd go for 500 for an EGM
I hope your Etihad seats get sorted too. I didn't have a problem with you bringing it up if you felt you hadn't been heard on the issue, but otherwise it is something I think is better dealt with elsewhere than an AGM.

500 seems a good number re EGM.

I am thankful to Peter for running his campaign and commend him for speaking out on his issues of concern. You know he would have brought forensic accountability to everything that came before him as a board member, but it just didn't feel like he offered much else. Good on him, though, and as I said, I voted for him.

The putrid pachyderm in the room was the small margin Kerry Ryan had over Simon Wallace. It's not hard to believe enough members voted for Kerry upon receiving the election mailout with her spiel. Maybe enough did before they had ever heard of Simon. No one actually brought that up, and I did say I was going to, so I apologise. I'd had enough and knew it would have been flat-batted away. I left as questions descended into "Why don't we have Brett Deledio any more?".

For me the most telling question was re sponsorship revenue which seemed to indicate the club is struggling to capitalise on our potential. Dalton also indicated the BLK bad debt will be recognised in next years fiancials. They better pray the team perform well and the fitness programs return a profit. Benny also indicated we can't afford to let go of pokies money.

Harry said:
For me the most telling question was re sponsorship revenue which seemed to indicate the club is struggling to capitalise on our potential. Dalton also indicated the BLK bad debt will be recognised in next years fiancials. They better pray the team perform well and the fitness programs return a profit. Benny also indicated we can't afford to let go of pokies money.
Agree, the answer about valueing our ground sponsorship was strange. Surely a one year cheap deal is better than nothing.

joegarra said:
Agree, the answer about valueing our ground sponsorship was strange. Surely a one year cheap deal is better than nothing.

If ME Bank signage is still up then that contradicts their "valuing the sponsorship". Complete crap.

spook said:
I hope your Etihad seats get sorted too. I didn't have a problem with you bringing it up if you felt you hadn't been heard on the issue, but otherwise it is something I think is better dealt with elsewhere than an AGM.

I know what you are saying, but they told me today it's 11,000 seats, so it's affecting a lot of members. I said to the guy it should be an opt out option, not an opt in.

Very good reports from TT and Spook.
And I'd definitely agree about being pedantic, it's very hard to argue details and that's what it comes down to, like the member resolutions changes in 6.
TT, just a query on those figures for proxies

Tenacious Tiges said:
Some who were just a bit pedantic about things but correct in their assertions
Some foolish questions

460 odd proxies registered for constitution changes

I was told Peggy had 70 as chair.
Very hard to know how many others there were but I would guess at around 30.

Gale said around $30k lost in next years accounts for BLK.
Yarran payout is in this years TPP and Yarran not on list next year.

Peggy had 62 proxies, Reds. As you say, it's hard to know how many more were in the room, but there were plenty of people (a dozen or more) with yellow cards (signifying they had proxies). Joe's mate Trevor had some. I think David Clayton and Phillip Allison had some.

You are correct re BLK and Yarran.

Harry said:
There's definitely a mob mentality at these AGMs. It was interesting watching the cheer leaders at the front look you up and down when you raised your hand against the board. These people need to realise that you're not against the club if you don't follow the board.

I am going to try to get to the next one. These childish imbeciles, best to sit amongst them, ask the board a question but then stare back at them directly in the eyes with no emotion. Time & time again usually does the trick, never react as they feed of it. By the sound of these people are cheering as they get paid to cheer.

truly glad the 1st resolution didn't get through. Even though we have hardly have had any EGM, I do believe maybe raising it to 500 is fine too. Not a percentage.

I also don't expect Peggy to follow through on her promise and somehow have a change of heart and go again. I don't trust anything that comes out her mouth.

jb03 said:
What is wrong with 100 signatures? How many EGM's have we ever had.

Anything that cedes power from members to an elected board is not a good thing.
I think you should read my post again jb. I am not suggesting any ceding of power just that 100 is too small a number.

If members have legitimate concerns and they are reasonably widespread then they should have no problem getting say 500 signatures.

The number needs to be enough to make it hard enough to mean that spurious issues don't lead to an EGM and easy enough so that legitimate and fairly widespread concerns will get a hearing. That's all I am saying

David C said:
I call it as I see it, Some people do weigh up arguments but some people simply follow the company line again and again.

Remind me how many people came to regret swallowing the Casey/Miller propaganda about how close were were to a supposed "golden era" and how unfair it would be to toss out the board that was about to deliver us the imminent success of the mid 2000's?

Half these fools who kept Casey in power now deny that they made a massive mistake that set the club back a decade or simply pretend that it never happened and are happy to make the same mistakes again.
I don't know if you want to influence people or just agitate but if you want to influence people I suggest you stop calling people fools.

I can't even recall who ran against Casey but I would like to see some change now. I voted for Simon Wallace and am disappointed he didn't get in.

Sintiger said:
I think you should read my post again jb. I am not suggesting any ceding of power just that 100 is too small a number.

If members have legitimate concerns and they are reasonably widespread then they should have no problem getting say 500 signatures.

The number needs to be enough to make it hard enough to mean that spurious issues don't lead to an EGM and easy enough so that legitimate and fairly widespread concerns will get a hearing. That's all I am saying

When have we ever had a 'spurious' EGM?

And even increasing the number to 101 is ceding power.

Harry said:
Perhaps some of them just wanted to see who was talking without necessarily judging you or others one way or the other? Not sure there was a 'mob mentality' but certainly I felt there were more supporters of the board than against them.
In spite of their shortcomings we all should be grateful that we were able to ask questions of the board from the floor because at Collingwood AGM's you can't do that! According to a Collingwood member, all questions have to be submitted in writing a week or so beforehand then they decide which questions they will answer at the AGM!! He says it's like the gestapo. I don't agree with every decision the board has made but I'm pleased to see the club being run by people who seem to be strong and intelligent who usually make more good decisions than not. Gave me more confidence than the FOF group we saw this year. Bad luck to Peter and Simon who could not get on.

tigermike said:
Perhaps some of them just wanted to see who was talking without necessarily judging you or others one way or the other? Not sure there was a 'mob mentality' but certainly I felt there were more supporters of the board than against them.
In spite of their shortcomings we all should be grateful that we were able to ask questions of the board from the floor because at Collingwood AGM's you can't do that! According to a Collingwood member, all questions have to be submitted in writing a week or so beforehand then they decide which questions they will answer at the AGM!! He says it's like the gestapo. I don't agree with every decision the board has made but I'm pleased to see the club being run by people who seem to be strong and intelligent who usually make more good decisions than not. Gave me more confidence than the FOF group we saw this year. Bad luck to Peter and Simon who could not get on.

I don't think the guy who muttered "F***wit" at me when I spoke was just checking to see who was talking.
I would also like to say that Danielle Hine from Computershare did an excellent job handling the votes and the proxies under very trying circumstances.
And I also thought Malcolm Speed did a generally excellent job of handling an at-times difficult crowd.

spook said:
The putrid pachyderm in the room was the small margin Kerry Ryan had over Simon Wallace. It's not hard to believe enough members voted for Kerry upon receiving the election mailout with her spiel. Maybe enough did before they had ever heard of Simon. No one actually brought that up, and I did say I was going to, so I apologise. I'd had enough and knew it would have been flat-batted away. I left as questions descended into "Why don't we have Brett Deledio any more?".

Cheers Spooker. Shame.

Thanks for the reports all.

RedanTiger said:
I don't think the guy who muttered "F***wit" at me when I spoke was just checking to see who was talking.
I would also like to say that Danielle Hine from Computershare did an excellent job handling the votes and the proxies under very trying circumstances.
And I also thought Malcolm Speed did a generally excellent job of handling an at-times difficult crowd.

Yep there were definately snide remarks and groans from some when questions were being asked. The staff and computershare people did a good job so did speed in difficult situation