QLD OUR NEW TEMP HOME. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

QLD OUR NEW TEMP HOME.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Star Tiger in mad dash to Gold Coast after surgery

RICHMOND forward Tom Lynch plans to make a private dash to the Tigers’ Gold Coast hub on Monday night after having surgery on a broken hand.

Lynch broke his right hand early in Sunday’s match against Melbourne, but played out the game while other key Tigers Trent Cotchin (hamstring), Dion Prestia (ankle) and Toby Nankervis (ankle) suffered serious ailments.

It is believed that despite the surgery requirements, Lynch is hopeful of playing in Sunday’s match against Sydney at the Gabba.

Provided Lynch checks into the team facility by midnight Monday, he will be able to serve, alongside his teammates, a Queensland Government requirement of 14 days of "isolation" as per COVID-19 regulations.

The Queensland government has allowed special dispensation for AFL clubs to train and play inside those 14 days. But if Lynch failed to arrive at the club’s hub facility by midnight Monday, a "re-set" on that 14 days for the entire group would be required from the time he did check-in.

Important Richmond players Bachar Houli and Shane Edwards will not be attending the Gold Coast hub, where the club will be based to prepare for its next five matches, for personal reasons.

Must be weird for Tom to be proactively trying to return to the Gold Coast.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Injury might keep him out a week, but it can't be that serious if he's trying to get up there by midnight.

I actually think the hub will be great for the players, especially the younger ones. Proper chance to bond after weeks in isolation and set the platform for the rest of this season and beyond. This side needs some transition to keep challenging and we'll see that evolve in coming weeks.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
With crowds allowed in Queensland and the joint full of xpat tiger supporters, im expecting us to get a boost and start playing with more like a 2019 style.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Whoever is a tiger supporter in Queensland and doesn't get down to the GC is a bum.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I nominate you to be at the Brisbane airport to mark the names off on arrival ;)

I just spent an hour at Brisbane airport with my clipboard ready to mark the boys off as per my designated duty. Turns out they went to GC airport, ya bastard!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I hope Tom has a security entourage if he's running late.
Wouldn't put it past Horse to have set up roadblocks between Coolangatta/Southport so he misses curfew! :))

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I think we could be interstate until we have played every non Vic team ... And due to the complexity of the fixture games v vic teams will be interspersed. ... home and away means nothing now.
Might come back to Vic with only a couple of residual games v remaining Vics we have yet to play.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think we could be interstate until we have played every non Vic team ... And due to the complexity of the fixture games v vic teams will be interspersed. ... home and away means nothing now.
Might come back to Vic with only a couple of residual games v remaining Vics we have yet to play.

So we could get the last 7 games at the MCG ?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Shout out to Ella in the rfc problem solving dept / membership.

I missed the offering for the gabba because im on nsw side of the border.

I understood and was philosophical but Ella heard the dissapointment in my voice and went

'Nuh, im gonna get you some tickets'

And they just appeared in my in box the next day.

I really love can-do people.

There should be an international day of the can-do person. They make the world a happier place.

Thanks Ella

Reactions: 11 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shout out to Ella in the rfc problem solving dept / membership.

I missed the offering for the gabba because im on nsw side of the border.

I understood and was philosophical but Ella heard the dissapointment in my voice and went

'Nuh, im gonna get you some tickets'

And they just appeared in my in box the next day.

I really love can-do people.

There should be an international day of the can-do person. They make the world a happier place.

Thanks Ella
Good one enjoy, what's your choice of xxxx poison in QLD.