Rate our kids!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rate our kids!!

Yep. Totally get that. I'm just worried that we don't appear to have many who are obviously headed for the top tier, despite some strong draft picks. These are the ones you can very often see in their first two seasons. The jury is still out on about 15 youngsters.
Yes there are probably no Dustin Martins in the group but there may be an Alex Rance (Gibcus).
Some of the stalwarts of our premiership years had slow starts to their careers but I agree very top tier mids in particular tend to impact early.

Reactions: 1 user
but teams like Hawthorn are well in front of us with exposed form of young players.
Probably, just like the Blues and Saints and Dees always had the best kids from about 2005 to 2018.

The Dees finally won a flag and were probably the 1st team in a long time that went from having the best kids to winning a premiership.

1 - Josh Gibcus
2 - Tom Brown
3 - Tyler Sonsie
4 - David Coulthard (doesnt need the car_
5 - Seth Campbell
6 - Kaleb Smith
7 - Sam Banks
8 - That new kid i cant remember his name
9 - Judson Clarke
10 - Mr Smith

1 - Josh Gibcus
2 - Tom Brown
3 - Tyler Sonsie
4 - David Coulthard (doesnt need the car_
5 - Seth Campbell
6 - Kaleb Smith
7 - Sam Banks
8 - That new kid i cant remember his name
9 - Judson Clarke
10 - Mr Smith
Is Mr Smith related to Kaleb Smith?

Ok, as we all battle through the abyss, thought would start something to get us all thinking.

On the criteria of - Who will have the best career. From 1 - 10. i.e. To look back on in 8-10 years time.

Give us your ranking of our 22 and unders and where they will rank at the end of their careers. To help they are listed here, from oldest to youngest:

Samson Ryan
Noah Cumberland
Matt Coulthard
Thomson Dow
Hugo Ralphsmith
Jacob Bauer
James Trezise
Maurice Rioli
Tyler Sonsie
Sam Banks
Josh Gibcus
Tom Brown
Judson Clarke
Steely Green
Kaleb Smith
Seth Campbell
Kane McAuliffe
Liam Fawcett

The latter two are very hard to gauge given we haven't seen them. Anyway, include them if you like.

Go!
Filling in for scrabble, the odd book and walking the dog.
Dumb task and here we are.
1) Gibcus*
2) Bauer*
3) Sonsie
4) Trezise*
5) Cumberland*
6) Dow*
7) Brown*
8) Banks*
9) McAuliffe
10) Ryan
* From a fully fit list * players a good chance for round 1.

Last edited:
Samson Ryan
Josh Gibcus
Tyler Sonsie
Seth Campbell
Tom Brown
Sam Banks
Jacob Bauer
Judson Clarke
Matt Coulthard
James Trezise

Last edited:
It's going to be heresy, but I think the Gibcus love here is a symptom of absence and some fond hearts.

He struggled for the second half of his first year. Panicky mistakes, unforced errors, disappearing from games.

He showed some unique athletic traits, a high leaping, long kicking, far roaming, agile big man. But I'm yet to be convinced he can really play. His second year should have shown whether he could elevate, but his hamstring shredded on take off.

To me, injury is a big question mark. But ability is still a smaller one. I have many more kids on our squad I'm more certain about than Gibcus, injury aside.

Reactions: 3 users