Rate our kids!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rate our kids!!

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Ok, as we all battle through the abyss, thought would start something to get us all thinking.

On the criteria of - Who will have the best career. From 1 - 10. i.e. To look back on in 8-10 years time.

Give us your ranking of our 22 and unders and where they will rank at the end of their careers. To help they are listed here, from oldest to youngest:

Samson Ryan
Noah Cumberland
Matt Coulthard
Thomson Dow
Hugo Ralphsmith
Jacob Bauer
James Trezise
Maurice Rioli
Tyler Sonsie
Sam Banks
Josh Gibcus
Tom Brown
Judson Clarke
Steely Green
Kaleb Smith
Seth Campbell
Kane McAuliffe
Liam Fawcett

The latter two are very hard to gauge given we haven't seen them. Anyway, include them if you like.

Go!

Last edited:
Ok, as we all battle through the abyss, thought would start something to get us all thinking.

On the criteria of - Who will have the best career. How we define that will never happen, but a bit of fun.

Give us your ranking of our 22 and unders and where they will rank at the end of their careers. To help they are listed here, from oldest to youngest:

Samson Ryan
Noah Cumberland
Matt Coulthard
Thomson Dow
Hugo Ralphsmith
Jacob Bauer
James Trezise
Maurice Rioli
Tyler Sonsie
Sam Banks
Josh Gibcus
Tom Brown
Judson Clarke
Steely Green
Kaleb Smith
Seth Campbell
Kane McAuliffe
Liam Fawcett

The latter two are very hard to gauge given we haven't seen them. Anyway, include them if you like.

Go!
Please explain :)

Rank from 1-10 now & then rank again at career end ?

Reactions: 1 user
Only fair Leysy goes first. Will see a big discrepancy coming up!

Yes am bored!

1. Josh Gibcus
  2. Samson Ryan
  3. Tom Brown
  4. James Trezise
  5. Jacob Bauer
  6. Tyler Sonsie
  7. Kaleb Smith
  8. Matt Coulthard
  9. Sam Banks
  10. Judson Clarke

Cumberlands the hardest one for Leysy. Could be a permanent fixture and kick 35 goals this year or just as easily delisted.

Ranking them on importance? Or talent? On exposed form now and what you think they could be in the future?

Ranking them on importance? Or talent? On exposed form now and what you think they could be in the future?

Who will have the best career. Games, B&F finishes, the all-important PRE player of the year etc.

Last edited:
1 - Gibbo
2 - Banks
3 - Sizzle
4 - Trigger
5 - Samson
6 - Brown
7 - Juddy
8 - Kaleb Smith
9 - Jack Bauer
10 - Matty C

I am leaving out Smith, McAuliffe and Fawcett because I haven't seen them play, probably Campbell as well

1. Josh Gibcus
2. Tom Brown
3. Tyler Sonsie (could be 2 or 12, in his head)
4. Sam Banks
5. Samson Ryan
6. Noah Cumberland (could be 2 or 12, in his head)
7. Jacob Bauer
8. Thomson Dow
9. James Trezise
10. Judson Clarke

There are so many caveats.

1 - Josh Gibcus
2 - Tom Brown
3 - Tyler Sonsie
4 - Samson Ryan
5 - Kane McAuliffe
6 - Kaleb Smith
7 - Sam Banks
8 - James Trezise
9 - Seth Campbell
10 - Judson Clarke

1. Gibcus
2. Sonsie
3. Brown
4. Ryan
5. Trezise
6. Banks
7. MJ
8. Cumberland
9. Juddy
10. K.Smith

It's tough. So many unknowns. I wouldn't be putting my house on any of them, other than Gibcus , getting to a hundred games. We need five or six of them to become solid players or it could be a long rebuild.

Last edited:
1. Tom Brown
2. Josh Gibcus
3. Samson Ryan
4. Tyler Sonsie
5. Sam Banks
6. Judson Clarke
7. Kane McAuliffe
8. MRJ
9. Jacob Bauer
10. Kaleb Smith

FWIW - Word is that McAuliffe is the one to watch this year.

1. Gibcus
2. Cumberland
3. Sonsie
4. Brown
5. Banks
6. Campbell
7. Trezise
8. Ryan
9. Clarke
10. Bauer

Agree Cumbo the difficult one. He will either be a superstar of the comp or delisted next year. I just look at what he did in 2022 and think the way he kicked bags, he must have something to add. He's fitter and stronger now. Just needs to settle into a role and manage his head.

Reactions: 1 users
Seeing as there are no rules, Im making my own
in order-

Josh Gibcus- will be a good player- may be an absolute gun.- no ceiling
Tom Brown- will be a good player, maybe very good- ceiling Nick Vlastuin's best.
Sam Banks- will be a good player, maybe very good- ceiling Nick Vlastuin's best.

Samson Ryan- will finish somewhere between the greatest player to ever live or Liam McBean, but Im confident/hopeful in a Benny Gale level career at least (with more success).

Tyler Sonsie- I think he will carve out a nice career. Hopefully reaching Kane Lambert levels but maybe a little lower.
Judson Clarke- I think he will carve out a nice career. Hopefully reaching Kane Lambert levels but maybe a little lower. Probably more confident he will still be playing in 6 years than Sonsie.

Maurice Rioli- i think he makes it. should play plenty of footy over the next few years.
Noah Cumberland- who knows!
Jacob Bauer- has some good traits, but at his size will need to be extra quality to have a long career.
Matt Coulthard- good traits, but small forwards are very hard to judge. not sure.
James Trezise- shows something but reality is any quality career will be a bonus. hopefully he can add to the depth of our next dynasty.

Steely Green- havent seen enough of.
Kaleb Smith- havent seen enough of.
Seth Campbell- havent seen enough of.
Kane McAuliffe- havent seen enough of.
Liam Fawcett- havent seen enough of.

Reactions: 1 users