Rd 21 V Port Melbourne moved to PRO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rd 21 V Port Melbourne moved to PRO

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Goal to Sonz, gets the cramp, lies down and teammates massage. :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Sonsie and Rioli the difference in the 2nd half.

Rioli with his 11 tackles and ability to hurt them on the turnover.

Sonsie with the outside class.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Feb 25, 2007
Good win by the VFL boys! Currently in 8th spot.
Tiges 10 12 72 Port Melbourne 7 9 51

Loving Rioli junior playing midfield, 19 disposals and 12 tackles.
Sonsie backed up from last week's 31 with another 31 disposals and 4 tackles.
Banks, Brown, Trezise, and Ryan all solid contributors.

Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Won by 21 huge 2nd half, MRJ very busy as was Sonz
Sonz had the form and should’ve been picked ahead of Dow to play the Sinners
When MJ gets a call up he must play as a mid not as a defensive forward

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don't watch much VFL but saw this one from about half way through the second quarter.

Port were in control and Richmond wrested it back but it is hard to get excited about much in this game.

Geez, we are so fumbly, even before it got wet. Dropped marks when not under pressure, handpasses miles away from where they should be going, loopy high passes to a stationary player, really not good.

Little system going forward, just bang it in or pick out the defender.

Unfortunately too many of these issues are also an issue in the AFL team.

Samson Ryan might need to learn to mark as he fumbles a lot of them, but how many times does he go for a mark one handed because the other arm is being held? Ridiculous.

We need some serious skills work.

DS

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
MRJ was good today (only saw the second half) i am normally one of his critics. Good to see the coach experiment with Bradke in the ruck he is a big boy with some footy nouse. Though it was Johnson's best game and Teal has something to work on. El Nour pretty poor at ground level in the wet, Still like Brindley but did not see the first half. Lefau is a tease, has the body, attitude and speed but is he young enough to adapt to AFL, perhaps should train him like an Irish recruit!

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Liked:
- Brown’s disposal in wet conditions. Very, very classy.
- MRJ the midfielder. From what I saw, 11 tackles was underestimating his work.
- Sonsie. Class above.

Disliked:
- Banks. Expected more from someone who played the last month in AFL.
- Ralphsmith. Big decision looming here.
- Green. Wondering what we saw in him.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Lefau a chance of being a rookie next year? Would fill a need and competes well.

• Dislike

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Liked:
- Brown’s disposal in wet conditions. Very, very classy.
- MRJ the midfielder. From what I saw, 11 tackles was underestimating his work.
- Sonsie. Class above.

Disliked:
- Banks. Expected more from someone who played the last month in AFL.
- Ralphsmith. Big decision looming here.
- Green. Wondering what we saw in him.
I thought banks was ok. Wasn’t a day for a winger because it was so wet and most of the game was played on the inside.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I thought banks was ok. Wasn’t a day for a winger because it was so wet and most of the game was played on the inside.
Banks made two feeble attempts to tackle pretty early on which was disappointing, unless you are a tall wet weather is not an out clause for an average game, I'm a bit with @TigerFurious in judgement of his game yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Banks made two feeble attempts to tackle pretty early on which was disappointing, unless you are a tall wet weather is not an out clause for an average game, I'm a bit with @TigerFurious in judgement of his game yesterday.
That's not what I meant about the wet weather.

Wings playing our game plan tend to be an outlet and when they aren't they do a lot of unrewarded running. They aren't the ones playing inside. Because the game yesterday was so much inside the ball didn't come out as much to the wingers as would usually. They lacked opportunity for long periods during the game

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
That's not what I meant about the wet weather.

Wings playing our game plan tend to be an outlet and when they aren't they do a lot of unrewarded running. They aren't the ones playing inside. Because the game yesterday was so much inside the ball didn't come out as much to the wingers as would usually. They lacked opportunity for long periods during the game
That's fair enough I were judging from when he was in the contest.

The cleanest player in the wet for us I thought was Tom Brown, a bit like Banks though would like to see a little more intensity and hardness.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That's fair enough I were judging from when he was in the contest.

The cleanest player in the wet for us I thought was Tom Brown, a bit like Banks though would like to see a little more intensity and hardness
Yes there is a lot to like about Tom Brown in the last 4-5 weeks. What I like about both he and Banks is they have great foot skills. Brown has one of the key attributes of a modern half back which is a level of composure that allows him to make good decisions with the ball and execute them well.

I agree they aren't the hardest players on the list but hopefully that comes when they get a bit bigger and stronger, although both are filling out quite nicely. I suspect Brown is going to annoy some supporters because he has that laconic streak that makes him look like he isn't going 100% at times.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I've never seen an AFL player make it who is scared of both the man and the ball.

Banks doesn't go in hard, and panics in open space.

Needs a mindfulness coach, quick.