Rd1 Opener again | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rd1 Opener again

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

The article is wrong, we didn't open in 2014 either.

We played GC up there (& lost) on the Saturday, C'wood & Freo opened on the Friday night

Reactions: 4 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

The article is wrong, we didn't open in 2014 either.

We played GC up there (& lost) on the Saturday, C'wood & Freo opened on the Friday night
And 2012. Giants played Sydney the Saturday before

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Happy to play Carlton again. I just wish it wasn't on thursday.
Any day of the week, will do me. I can't stand the cocky fks.
It's a pity we run out of gas in round 1 this was after apprantly 'the best preseason we had for years"
No excuses next time

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Massive game, these are the ones we have to win if we are heading back into the top four.

Won't be panic stations if we lose but there will certainly be some nervous feelings rising.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Q. What do you get when you cross a tarantula and a grass hopper?

A. Beaten

(I'll also accept a tarantuhopper or a hopperula)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I hate midweek games. Season opener or otherwise they are for the TV viewer, not designed for the supporter who attends games.
Attending games is nowhere near as easy as it was.
No parking at Yarra Park & Train interruptions coupled with zero social lead up, working week & families leaves midweek games with little appeal for the hardcore member.

Reactions: 9 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I hate midweek games. Season opener or otherwise they are for the TV viewer, not designed for the supporter who attends games.
No parking at Yarra Park & Train interruptions coupled with zero social lead up, working week & families leaves midweek games with little appeal for the hardcore member.
Bring back 2.10 satedey games.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Granted it mucks it up for many people.
Personally I like the Thursday opener despite not getting home till 1am - but it depends whether we’ve beaten them or not. The trip home is a breeze after a win - and then I’ll usually watch the replay for an hour before hitting the sack.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
It’s Carlton’s grand final equivalent. Most of their players weren’t even born the last time they won the flag.

Let’s keep it that way!

Reactions: 1 user