Re: No longer care. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: No longer care.

hopper said:
Thanks for agreeing, before my post was removed. What on earth is that all about??

Your post was a disgrace. Way against the posting guidelines. Ironic considering your signature about bullying. It got some responses it deserved. They also breached the site guidelines so the entire discussion was removed. You are correct you have a choice. Fact is others have their choices too. People are entitled to express their own opinions without being told what to do to or being subject to that kind of abuse.

rosy23 said:
Your post was a disgrace. Way against the posting guidelines. Ironic considering your signature about bullying. It got some responses it deserved. They also breached the site guidelines so the entire discussion was removed. You are correct you have a choice. Fact is others have their choices too. People are entitled to express their own opinions without being told what to do to or being subject to that kind of abuse.

what about all these geniuses posters who just reel off spiteful, negative, hateful crap non-stop? Hoppers post had a positive message I thought. provided some good balance

rosy23 said:
Geez, I was only trying to fire a few people up. Worries me to see so many so laconic about dropping off. But take it whichever way you will. And I guess you do have the delete button and so the power to delete and say whatever you wish. I'm actually hoping mine is the sort of message Dimma is giving our players. Others would clearly prefer he use the language towards Grigg, Hampson, Conca, Morris, Vickery & co on PRE that apparently doesn't breach your guidelines.

I've been called a deluded feral amongst many other things around PRE for years. Yours is an overreaction, Rosy, to somebody trying to keep some faith. Really disappointed. If my post was that far outside your guidelines then I'm in the wrong place. I've read some woeful things written about RFC people, our players and our coach ... but I'm the disgrace? Might do me for PRE I think. You can have PRE if the last five pages of this thread is fine, but my post wasn't.

And believe me - I've helped 1000s of kids, teachers, schools and families around Australia to do something about bullying. Your sarcasm will never diminish that. You wouldn't have a clue about what my work is, who I am or what my values are. So keep your insight about irony. Hope it's within your guidelines to disagree in this manner.

thisistigerland said:
I aggree with Hopper.

For the record Im 40 and never really tasted success. But I will never stop loving and supporting this football club. Our turn will come, and it will be all the sweeter when it does happen. Hold the line!!

We hold the line. We roar our displeasure and we make noise and action until things are changed. We don't accept the current day.

I'm with you & Hopper. Hopper was bang on.

People don't have to go but keep investing your cash. Revenue wins in this game. Revenue lets you do anything.

hopper said:
I've been called a deluded feral amongst many other things around PRE for years. Yours is an overreaction, Rosy, to somebody trying to keep some faith. Really disappointed. If my post was that far outside your guidelines then I'm in the wrong place. I've read some woeful things written about RFC people, our players and our coach ... but I'm the disgrace? Might do me for PRE I think. You can have PRE if the last five pages of this thread is fine, but my post wasn't.

And believe me - I've helped 1000s of kids, teachers, schools and families around Australia to do something about bullying. Your sarcasm will never diminish that. You wouldn't have a clue about what my work is, who I am or what my values are. So keep your insight about irony. Hope it's within your guidelines to disagree in this manner.

You can suit yourself if you stay or go but abusing other posters like that will never be acceptable on here. I just glanced through the first 5 pages of this thread and it seems to me it's just people expressing their own opinions and feelings. They aren't calling other posters names or telling them what to do as you did. I wasn't being sarcastic about your signature. I meant it. Of course I wouldn't have a clue about your work. I didn't even mention your work. I couldn't care less about who you are, what you do or your values away from this website. I do care about flame wars on this forum though. Your post was an attack on others who happen to feel a bit different to the way you do at this point in time. The reaction to it was understandable but equally unacceptable. The posts were removed before the personal abuse escalated as it no doubt would have. A lot of other posts have also been edited or deleted the last day or two. It's no use having site rules if we aren't all expected to abide by them.

tigersnake said:
what about all these geniuses posters who just reel off spiteful, negative, hateful crap non-stop?

That's a hard one. There is more moderator focus on abuse of posters because of the in-fighting and flame wars that result from it. 30 or so posts have been removed or modified since our game for negative spamming, abuse, swearing etc. If you think any I miss cross the line then feel free to report them. I try but can't keep up with them all. I dislike the hateful crap as much as anyone but I don't consider my role as a moderator to be a censor of opinions. People are entitled to be negative as long as it's expressed within the posting guidelines.

I can't remember the specifics of the post now, but didn't it just say harden up? Called 'em on being sooks? I can understand the strength of feeling but hop's post just put things into persective for me, if people took it as an insult thats just way too precious, not that thats anything new. But I don't even know what the guidelines are, except for knowing swearing and abuse is out. I just go by do unto others.

I wasn't discussing hopper's post. You asked me about other posters and that's what my last post was responding to.

I've seen a lot posts that are a disgrace lately, hoppers definitely wasn't one of them IMO. But it ain't my forum.

No it aint your forum. I like to think it's everyones forum. The site members made the rules. As I said you can report posts you take exception to or think cross the line. A lot of people do and it's greatly appreciated.

Heaps of posts have been removed and words added to the censor lately. Hopper's is far from the only one. Most people accept they were considered over the top or contact me privately for clarification.

This is a response to hopper's rant. Name removed because it's not important and the comments are being posted here for example rather than for general discussion.

[quote author=.... date=1401619437]

Your are a disgrace. How dare you tell us what to feel. And how bloody dare you bring in Tommy. You are a disgrace. How dare you you bloody punce..Stuff you to call people like me who have been members for bloody umpteen years spineless invertabrates. Who the *smile* are you? Gee you are brave before your keyboard. I'd love you to say that to my face you imbecile.
[/quote]

That obviously breaches posting guidelines too. It wouldn't have been appropriate to leave the original post that prompted such an outburst and just remove the response. Thankfully they were quickly removed before world war 3 broke out. Posters don't take kindly to being called names and told what to do. Surely it's not that hard to get opinions across without making it personally insulting and abusive for others as hopper's post obviously was.

For me its more about the philosophy behind a post rather than the words. Hop's post was about sticking through hard times, unity, loyalty.

I lot of the posts I don't like are by people more concerned with being correct that x player makes mistakes or isn't a star or whatever. Sniping, selfish, obnoxious people, many of whom I personally think have personality disorders the way they carry on. One goose who says we are crap week after week, month after month, even demanded an apology after last weeks loss because he has been proven correct.

Now there was no swearing in the post, but its clearly deluded, or a non-supporter stirring. There is no reasoning with these people, no point discussing anything. Its a discussion forum right? People tell people what to think all the time, it happens in debates. And this dude whose post you use as an example, truth hurts, Tommy would have been disgusted at people jumping off, even if the effort from the players is poor. Its a fact.

But like I said, all this is only my 2 bobs, I wouldn't want your job.

Seems like hops needs a patch and hunker down with the like-minded in the clubhouse. Its chaotic and strange in there, but its been sublimely devoid of trolls and the mindlessly negative.

tigersnake said:
For me its more about the philosophy behind a post rather than the words. ....

There's the difference in being a forum user and a forum moderator. The words matter if they breach the site guidelines. There are no site guidelines on philosophy behind a post as long as it's expressed within the site rules.

tigersnake said:
.... And this dude whose post you use as an example, truth hurts, Tommy would have been disgusted at people jumping off, even if the effort from the players is poor. Its a fact.

(The following is my personal opinion rather than from a moderating perspective.)

It is not a fact at all.

I've spoken to Tommy personally in some very hard times for the Tigers and I know he's chosen to keep away himself at times. How presumptuous and arrogant to tell other posters how a recently deceased Tiger legend would feel about them just to try and justify a personal opinion.

From speaking to Tommy I am more of the opinion that he'd understand rather than turn against fellow supporters. I spoke to him after he left a game early because he said he could no longer watch us play the way we were. Even though I form my opinion from personal contact and past experience I certainly don't claim it as "fact"and I certainly wouldn't presume to tell others what he'd think of them.

Who are you and hopper to tell me Tommy Hafey would be "ashamed" and 'disgusted" with me for thinks like not going to games or not being a paid member? I find that extremely offensive. Not because the "truth hurts" as you claim but because you've virtually chosen to judge me on such a wonderful person's behalf.

The comment about Tommy isn't the reason hopper's post was removed but it certainly speaks volumes to me about anyone who would make such claims. That kind of treatment would be more likely to turn me away than to make me feel like a valued Richmond supporter.

on the first point, yeah I understand that. But you called it a disgrace, I didn't think it was. It may have breached rules, but it wasn't a disgrace. Likewise there are posts that don't breach rules, but are a disgrace. If you take my point.

On the second point re Tommy, fair enough. But there is a difference between being disappointed and leaving a game early, and even not going to games as often, and grandstanding.

tigersnake said:
on the first point, yeah I understand that. But you called it a disgrace, I didn't think it was. It may have breached rules, but it wasn't a disgrace. Likewise there are posts that don't breach rules, but are a disgrace. If you take my point.

On the second point re Tommy, fair enough. But there is a difference between being disappointed and leaving a game early, and even not going to games as often, and grandstanding.

My comment about hopper's post being a disgrace was based on the ways it breached the posting guidelines. He's been around long enough to know the rules yet he obviously thought he was beyond them.

As for "grandstanding" the original deleted post was about people not going to games or not re-signing. It wasn't about the way the opinions were expressed. You've already admitted you can't remember the specifics of the post in question so it surprises me you have so much to say about it...if you get my point. ;)

Ok Rosy i would have liked to quote Hoppers post as well as a comparison. I didn't find it as confronting as you and others did.

tigerman said:
Ok Rosy i would have liked to quote Hoppers post as well as a comparison. I didn't find it as confronting as you and others did.

It was removed so that people didn't quote and respond to it. I know this site well enough to know that wouldn't have taken kindly to being called those kind of names and virtually told to rack off for feeling the way they do at the moment. Whether you found it confronting or not it breached posting guidelines and was removed.

I'm fine with it being removed Rosy. Hopper has been around awhile, so at the time I took in the spirit, that he later said he meant. Carn the Tiges!!!!