Really... How lucky are we as supporters! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Really... How lucky are we as supporters!

rush

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2005
As a 50 year old man to be able to experience all of this wonderful success we have been having in the past 3-4 years
has just been unbelievable. Was talking to the old man the other day and we were just saying how we cant believe
that we may be getting a THIRD flag in 4 years. As a diehard ,like all here who went through so much pain and copped so
much s&%t as a Richmond supporter, it really is a glorious time.

Reactions: 23 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
As a 50 year old man to be able to experience all of this wonderful success we have been having in the past 3-4 years
has just been unbelievable. Was talking to the old man the other day and we were just saying how we cant believe
that we may be getting a THIRD flag in 4 years. As a diehard ,like all here who went through so much pain and copped so
much s&%t as a Richmond supporter, it really is a glorious time.
It is rush.

Even if we don't get the ultimate prize this year, it's still been a very successful season in this crazy covid affected time.

We finished the top of the ladder ahead of any other side in covid affected Victoria. No mean feat that.

Finishing top four this season is a success by any measure.

Reactions: 13 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I considered myself lucky to be the following the Tiges even through the Chris Pym years.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It's been a great four years. The Cats and us have done really well when you consider Brisbane and Port have pretty much been in their own beds all year with home games and we have been in Hubs. I think we are on the wrong side of the draw as I would fancy us winning against all the other teams in Queensland, but Port at home will be very tough. You never know though if we can play at our best and Dusty and Tommy fire we will win.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Finishing top four this season is a success by any measure.

Im a harder marker than you Oldy.

Win the flag, or we might as well have stayed at home.

It should take more than a little virus to bring this outfit back to the pack

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Wonderful? Yes. Have I had my fill? No.

I reckon its similar to when you've worked your clacker off all Saturday in full 35 degree Sun,

and you've had the foresight to put half a dozen VB stubbies in the freezer an hour before knock off.

The first one tastes like THE best thing you've ever experienced, but it was gone in a flash.

The second one tastes like THE best thing you've ever experienced, but its gone in a flash.

The third one ...... well I wonder how it tastes?

Ive only ever had 2 stubbies at a time.

• Haha

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
I grew up in the '90s reading this religiously, imagining what a RFC premiership would be like. There's no way I'd ever take this time for granted.

Attachments

• theclubs.jpeg
    theclubs.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I look at this golden era as a reward for the enduring support of the Tiger Army that ultimately stumped up our magnificent club in its darkest hour and it’s just wonderful to see the club in good hands , thriving and the envy of the free world

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
My Grandad took me to my first match at Punt Road oval in 1964. We beat Fitzroy 104 - 40.

Been an amazing ride. The highs, the lows, and now the highs again.

Savour every moment.

Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
My Grandad took me to my first match at Punt Road oval in 1964. We beat Fitzroy 104 - 40.

Been an amazing ride. The highs, the lows, and now the highs again.

Savour every moment.
Fitzroy didn't win a game that year - last time that's happened.
Even we only won six. But better things were on the horizon.

Reactions: 1 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I remember being at that game too. The main part that sticks in my memory is the first quarter which we won 7.9 to 0.0. Went home on the train back to Glenferrie thinking we had finally turned the corner to be great again. That was a bit premature on my part but we were not far off from climbing the ladder the following year.

Reactions: 1 users