On this day.............. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On this day..............

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I thought I’d start a thread for significant days in our history. Being September there are a few and I’ve missed a few recent ones but as a first up.........
On this day in 2017
Richmond 16.12.108 def Adelaide 8.12.60
Legendary drought breakers that finally got a gorilla off our backs
:cupgold

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
What a day it was.

Actually watched it again only a few days ago, and still brings a tear to the eye.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I thought I’d start a thread for signifi days in our history. Being September there are a few and I’ve missed a few recent ones but as a first up.........
On this day in 2017
Richmond 16.12.108 def Adelaide 8.12.60
Legendary drought breakers that finally got a gorilla off our backs
:cupgold

I will never forget it.
After the Lambert Goal, the entire Southern stand was singing and dancing

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What a day.
From
*Rance's dominance,
*Dusty being Dusty
*Townsend's Tackle
*Jack's pack marks
*Castagna"s snap
*Houli unbelievable
*Gale and Peggy hugging after Butlers snap
And the look of Tex's and Pkye's faces after the game.
It will always be remembered.
Aren't we having our 2nd year anniversary today??
:banana:gotiges:banana

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jack Grahams 3 goals all at important times in the game too.

Broady njuring Charlie Cameron as he tackled him just prior to them getting it to Betts who goaled where they thought they were going tom dominate us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
What a day. Was still nervous late in the last quarter

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I had tickets but due to medical issues was stopped from flying down for the match.

Sat alone on the couch and watched the match. Tears started flowing when I saw Benny lose it and kept flowing for a couple of hours.

Only after the final siren did friends and relatives dare wish me a Happy Birthday. They knew it all depended on if we won or not and dared not mention it until we won.

Even today, when I think about 2017, I start to well up. It meant so much, still does.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
What a day. Was still nervous late in the last quarter
I was nervous during the last quarter, last year!
My mates were trying to get me to calm down high up in the 3rdlevel of the AFL members stand but I was desperate to see a 100 point win. Almost.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What a day it was.

Actually watched it again only a few days ago, and still brings a tear to the eye.
I've watched it so many times I feel like I know the bloke they kept on showing at PRO in the 3rd quarter standing up pumping his fists on a very personal level. I am sure I would recognise him in the street if he walked past me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I was nervous during the last quarter, last year!
My mates were trying to get me to calm down high up in the 3rdlevel of the AFL members stand but I was desperate to see a 100 point win. Almost.
I too was after the record margin.
I had some friends over.
My wife said ‘ let them kick a few’.

‘No way ‘ I said. I want the record.

I was a little ‘dirty’ we didn’t get it.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I had tickets but due to medical issues was stopped from flying down for the match.

Sat alone on the couch and watched the match. Tears started flowing when I saw Benny lose it and kept flowing for a couple of hours.

Only after the final siren did friends and relatives dare wish me a Happy Birthday. They knew it all depended on if we won or not and dared not mention it until we won.

Even today, when I think about 2017, I start to well up. It meant so much, still does.

Happy birthday!

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I was there. One of the greatest days of my life. I was hugging strangers and crying whilst FaceTiming my family after the final siren. Pure joy, pure emotion.

• Love

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I flew around the world just to attend the match, and I haven't been back to Australia since.
I flew in from a holiday in Europe, arrived game day at 9am and by midnight I was on a plane.
The thing that still staggers me is the number of people in Richmond jumpers and scarves I saw and met in Singapore airport enroute.
We were seriously crazy but I don’t regret one minute of it or one dollar I spent getting there

• Love

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
For ‘old time sake’ here is a little 3 mins YouTube clip I came across with some radio commentary thrown in.

You can never get enough of watching 2017.

And you want to win more.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

tiger3000

Tiger Cub
Apr 11, 2011
I've watched it so many times I feel like I know the bloke they kept on showing at PRO in the 3rd quarter standing up pumping his fists on a very personal level. I am sure I would recognise him in the street if he walked past me.
Haha, that guy has sat in front of us in the reserved seat area for years, olympic stand ground level. Was a fair few inebriated rewinds and debates over whether it was him or not when we were first watching the replay that night. Had to wait until march 2018 to confirm that it was!

• Wow