Regroup and make changes. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Regroup and make changes.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We cannot go into next year with the same group.
Cotchin or Riewoldt 1 needs to retire.
Edwards & Lambert retire.
Nakas or Soldo 1 stays 1 goes.
Bring in players to fit holes.
Hopper Green Tarranto McLean
Try to get Powell Pepper. He is properly Ports best ball winning mid. Tough as nails, he would be exactly what we need
Get a real fitness & conditioning coach.
We must make changes otherwise, Bolton will get up and leave and then we will be waiting another 36 years

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Ok zig zag, I listened:

This Morning
24.7 AM.jpg

This Arvo
24.7 PM.jpg

Actually feel much better.
Neighbours will prob stop laughing at me now.

Regroup Tick
Change Tick.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Not convinced we go all out and trade I don't think a Taranto or Hopper puts us in premiership contention with our retirements and aging stars. If there is a good value trades or free agency go for it not otherwise hit the draft put a few of our players on the table get a few more picks.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Not convinced we go all out and trade I don't think a Taranto or Hopper puts us in premiership contention with our retirements and aging stars. If there is a good value trades or free agency go for it not otherwise hit the draft put a few of our players on the table get a few more picks.
Look at the difference between 2016 and 2017

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Look at the pies under McRae his rejuvenate with kids , quality assistant's and a few not bad recruits they aren't nothing special there hungry and playing as team so it's not impossible to get back into finals contention if we make a few hard decisions and revamp football department we have quality kids and good picks again need to make few hard decisions on player retirement and up for trade. I hope stubbornness hasn't crept into Dimma through.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Look at the pies under McRae his rejuvenate with kids , quality assistant's and a few not bad recruits they aren't nothing special there hungry and playing as team so it's not impossible to get back into finals contention if we make a few hard decisions and revamp football department we have quality kids and good picks again need to make few hard decisions on player retirement and up for trade.
Exactly. But this shouldve happened last year. Last year was a reset year.
We walled into this year pissed.
We have tottaly fked the chance to snag another flag.
*smile* list management.
*smile* coaching
*smile* team selections
*smile* leaders
We have burnt 2022

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
As its a time of uncertainty at the Tigers so there will be changes .
1. We don't know if and how many players are retiring at season end ?
2. We may have players poached by other clubs ( potentially Dan. Rioli and Baker for example .. Shai next year )
3. Is Dusty staying or going ?
4. How many players are we letting go ?
5. Is Benny Gale going to the AFL ?
6. Is Dimma in for the rebuild or is he going at the end of his contract >
7. We have 3 good draft pics atm one in the frist round 2 in the second but no 3rd or 4th rounders .. do we go to the draft or trade ?

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
We cannot go into next year with the same group.
Cotchin or Riewoldt 1 needs to retire.
Edwards & Lambert retire.
Nakas or Soldo 1 stays 1 goes.
Bring in players to fit holes.
Hopper Green Tarranto McLean
Try to get Powell Pepper. He is properly Ports best ball winning mid. Tough as nails, he would be exactly what we need
Get a real fitness & conditioning coach.
We must make changes otherwise, Bolton will get up and leave and then we will be waiting another 36 years
I've been shot down a few times for wanting Powell Pepper.
He was gettable 2 years ago.
Has since settled, has a kid etc.
Going nowhere.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Exactly. But this shouldve happened last year. Last year was a reset year.
We walled into this year pissed.
We have tottaly fked the chance to snag another flag.
*smile* list management.
*smile* coaching
*smile* team selections
*smile* leaders
We have burnt 2022
Personally I don't think we fluffed a premiership chance this year. We are simply no longer good enough. I am disappointed we won't make finals and enjoy it with this ageing group one final time.

I have switched to rebuild mode in my mind. Wr have missed finals two years in a row now yet sit in no mans land in the draft. We are just delaying the inevitable.

I am ok with Jack and Cotch retiring this year, along with the other obvious ones. I don't like seeing my heroes playing at half their ability, and see the team losing this way. And part of me would let dusty walk if his heart is no longer at richmond.

I do think there are enough good kids to see us play competitive football next year. And I would like to see them developing in the seniors.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Maybe we don't make radical changes. Maybe we just keep bringing young players through gradually like we are with an aim to win another flag in a few years.
Natural attrition of a successful group is underway but there's plenty of green shoots.

Reactions: 4 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Yeah our top line players were in there prime then not now through makes a huge difference.
Agree. Unfortunately, 2022 is not another 2016. Prestia, Nank and Caddy were brought in to complement 4 absolute legends in Rance, Martin, Cotchin and Reiwoldt. Plus great players at the peak of their powers in Houli, Grimes Vlas, Lambert, Edwards...etc. Then along came Tom Lynch and emerging stars in Rioli, Bolton, Baker and Short.

We were star studded. About 15 elite players all clicking at the same time. This is not the case now. I think the draft is the only way out of this...and its going to take some time...and some pain....and nailing our first and second rounders!

I think bringing in Taranto or Hopper through trade (most likely for our first rounder + maybe more) is equivalent to Hawthorn getting in O'Meara when all their dynasty stars were slowly disappearing. Very good footballer. Brought in as a 23 year old. Now 28. Helped Hawthorn a bit but will he be part of Hawthorn's next premiership team? Highly unlikely.

Trade out for draft picks is what I think we should do.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Maybe we don't make radical changes. Maybe we just keep bringing young players through gradually like we are with an aim to win another flag in a few years.
Natural attrition of a successful group is underway but there's plenty of green shoots.
Going by Hardwicks comments at his last press conference I think you are right. The club doesn’t want to bottom out, they want to stay competitive but still bring kids through. I think they have done it pretty well this year but the Dusty situation, bad goal kicking and not finishing off teams has meant we will probably miss finals again but we have certainly been competitive.

Reactions: 4 users

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Normally am an optimist.
However, the external results were about as poor as one could envisage.
Dogs, Pies, Saints win.
Wholesale changes must be made to salvage our hopes.
Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Riley, all must depart.

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Couldn't script how poor the external results were for us.
Elephants in the club room are Cotch and Jack.
Always thought Edwards should retire this year, Cotch next year, Jack the next.
Phase in the retirements, not one fell swoop.
Next young KPF will play alongside Tom by then.

Reactions: 1 user

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Imo truth be told id prefer dusty requests a trade that lands us green
I prefer we send baker and our first rounder to WCE for pick 2 to grab best available clearance midfielder
Id take dow but not sure what would get it done this years second rounder and next years?

Assuming we are close to the above
Thats x2 elite mids plus possible elite dev in dow

Cotchin stays on
Lambert edwards Caddy jack dusty out
Jack on 100k can stay can coach on field

KPF then becomes key
Swap next years first rounder with anyone that is inside 15 … draft best available KPF

Sorted in 1 draft adding to last years draft haul

Broad tarrant rioli
Grimes balta vlastin
Green ross graham
Nank prestia pickett
MRJ bauer macca
Bolton lynch noah

P.dow/t.dow sonsie juddy gibcus