Reminder - Mike Smith Cup cricket game tomorrow [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reminder - Mike Smith Cup cricket game tomorrow [Merged]

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
The Mike Smith Cup is being played this Sunday, November 25 at G.R. Bricker Reserve, Moorabbin, from 1pm onwards.

The Bricker Reserve is on Rowans Road, which is the southern continuation of East Boundary Road after South Road before it hits the Nepean Hwy.

It's a great afternoon, as those who have previously been already know.
I urge all supporters get along for a really fun time.

Weather shouldn't be too hot either.

Re: Reminder - Mike Smith Cup

Phantom said:
The Mike Smith Cup is being played this Sunday, November 25 at G.R. Bricker Reserve, Moorabbin, from 1pm onwards.

The Bricker Reserve is on Rowans Road, which is the southern continuation of East Boundary Road after South Road before it hits the Nepean Hwy.

It's a great afternoon, as those who have previously been already know.
I urge all supporters get along for a really fun time.

Weather shouldn't be too hot either.
I will definetly be there, havent been to this before, but can you tell me if other Richmond players come down, the ones who are not playing? Just want to know because i want to bring my 15 month old for some autographs.

There'll be plenty of Tiges there, and a few retired ones too.

Also some boys from other clubs too.

scuse my ignorance? but what is the "mike smith cup"?

ssstone said:
scuse my ignorance? but what is the "mike smith cup"?

Mike Smith was both a very keen supporter of the Tigers & also a keen cricketer for the renowned Omega Cricket Club. Unfortunately Mike succumbed to cancer some years ago.

In his honour, the RichmondFC & the OmegaCC got together to play an annual cricket match with the proceeds going to the Mike Smith Foundation, which I believe is for cancer victims & research.

Again, it's a great afternoon with plenty of Tiger celebrities there.

agree it is a terrific day out...and a great cause too...been to a couple myself...but based in Brissy these days.
Anyone going please give some stick to my brother Vinny...member of the Omega team and usually at the Gate taking your entrance fee...a very silly man...he is a Pie supporter...give him heaps.

RainsyBaby

Mike Smith's brother, Chris "Dizzy" Smith has been a trainer for the RFC since the mid '90s.
When my first son was born in 1996 (it was the week we beat Fitzroy by 150 points), Diz took me into the rooms and as he strapped them up for training I got a footy signed by each player on the list for my son. It's still his pride and joy.
Good bloke, good family, good cause.( I think it goes to the "Tigers In Community" Program)
I've been a couple of times, it's a great day for all the family. Jumping castle, give aways fire trucks,police cars etc for the kids and $2000 "last tcket" draw and plenty of food and beverage for the adults so let the wife drive,(sorry girls only joking)

See ya there

You're right P08,

Just checked the flyer for the game in our clubrooms.
The proceeds are now donated to "Tigers in the Community".

Also a very worthwhile cause.

I think i have played against Omega when i used to play for Melb Wanderars.
Ill definiately be there.

Lidsand said:
i cant respect a club that Marty Lyons plays for

Actually, if the Lyons that plays in Omega U16s is Marty's son, .... that boy will be an excellent elite cricketer.
I'm told he might be as equally talented in footy too.

Phantom said:
Actually, if the Lyons that plays in Omega U16s is Marty's son, .... that boy will be an excellent elite cricketer.
I'm told he might be as equally talented in footy too.
no doubting Lyons' cricketing ability but i expect more from a guy with so much longmuir experience

There's gonna be a few good sportsman come out of Omega/St. Peters FC. Another young kid named Steven Lay has a big future too. And he's a mad Tiger which makes him even better!!

Marty Lyons is a legend within the cmca, and he will tell you that. Jarryd will be a gun having thrown many a cricket ball at him in his very junior years. Omega isnt my favorite club either, but Dizzy Smith is a great bloke.

cricket day tomorrow...sunday

dont forget the charity cricket match tomorrow in moorabbin.,,we went last year and it was a great day..take your chairs..picnic blankets and sunscreen..and i am pretty sure we took our eski last year..but you can buy drinks there..

Re: cricket day tomorrow...sunday

Sunday, November 25
Starting at 1pm
G.R. Bricker Reserve, Moorabbin
Rowans Road

I will have to get the Melways out....

(Melway 77 H7)

just got back - stinkin "all stars/nobodys" won again.. Like to say congrats to Patto, he is a super cricketer!!! seriously if his footy fails him (which it wont ;)).. he has other options!
Really nice hot day - good to see a fair few people there.. could have been more tho!