Respect the opposition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Respect the opposition

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yesterday I went back and listened to Dimma’s press conference from last years losing prelim.

Why - to see how he handles the heat when things don’t go his way. He was unbelievably gracious and respectful to the pies and kept praising them and it was genuine (or he is a very good actor) and he thought the year was still a success.

Compare that to Salty (bitter and twisted and about to burst) and Bucks (the end of the world is nigh - wasted season, a failure etc).

What does this mean - reckon we are well placed tomorrow and he will not disrespect or underestimate GWS.

Game on I reckon and feeling confident.

Reactions: 6 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Yesterday I went back and listened to Dimma’s press conference from last years losing prelim.

Why - to see how he handles the heat when things don’t go his way. He was unbelievably gracious and respectful to the pies and kept praising them and it was genuine (or he is a very good actor) and he thought the year was still a success.

Compare that to Salty (bitter and twisted and about to burst) and Bucks (the end of the world is nigh - wasted season, a failure etc).

What does this mean - reckon we are well placed tomorrow and he will not disrespect or underestimate GWS.

Game on I reckon and feeling confident.

As you suggest, YOTT, Don't reckon Dimma or the players will be showing any disrespect.
The Richmond Man is one that recognises their opposition - and any team making the grand final is worthy of respect - yet knows within himself/themselves that if they bring their best attributes to the game, with focus and commitment, then they can triumph over the opposition.
GWS will not be underestimated by Richmond. The Tigers will be well-prepared and quietly confident that their process and the Richmond Way will ultimately prevail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Couldn’t agree more, we won’t be making the same mistake the scum made 6 days ago. Bank on it.

Reactions: 1 users