Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Out: Cotchin (forced retirement), Astbury (retirement), Houli (retirement), Riewoldt (forced retirement).

Chol (delist), Eggmolesse-Smith (delist)

Trade for anything: Caddy, Aarts

In: Picks 6, 15, 25, 28, 41, & 43

Explore remaining free agency options: Talia, Bewley, Guthrie, Henderson, Tarrant, T.Campbell, Hartlett, Parker, Hurn, Kennedy, Liberatore, Wallis

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Depends on what the contracts are. Cotchin will decide if he retires or not (he should IMO) because he’s contracted for 2022.

Part of me wants this group to have one last crack at it next year after a proper pre-season and getting a healthy full list back together. However you can’t ignore what we’re now seeing with ageing players.

First thing to do is hang onto Bolton & Coleman-Jones. Once that’s sorted one way or another, everything flows from that. Chol should just be delisted - six years is long enough.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
A few weeks ago you said I was having a weird rant to post that we shouldn't be playing Aarts or Castagna any more.

A few weeks pass, and now you've delisted them.

You're always a little slow on the uptake, but definitely get there in the end.

It might be natural for you to wave a white flag of the halfway point to the season, but it ain’t for me.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Oh the irony.
if carts has put a line through us we are still a chance.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
A lot will depend on what Shai and CCJ do ..don't think Riloi is contacted yet either ..
But see Houli , Cotch , Dave retiring..
Mabior Chol going to gold coast or bombers
Caddy , Naish , Aarts , Egg will be traded/ delisted
Gath , Miller maybe gone too
Gotta feeling we might loose 1 or 2 players we not expecting ..

But thank goodness we have a few draft pics this year :)
Also I guess will will have a big club review soon . Benny knows what going on and is the best operator in the league .. might be seeing some new assistant coaches etc come to the club

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We are not just going to get rid of Riewoldt, Cotchin, Houli etc in one hit. That’s list management and culture suicide. Drafting youth is great but they need leaders to instil the culture in them.

Middle of the road role players and list cloggers are the ones to look at.

Garthwaite Egg Miller Macintosh Ross Naish would be my starting point.

There will be a retirement of 2. It’s inevitable. That’s 7-8. We aren’t going to completely overhaul the list especially if we are looking at trading for players.

I would expect a similar off season to 2016.

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
We are not just going to get rid of Riewoldt, Cotchin, Houli etc in one hit. That’s list management and culture suicide. Drafting youth is great but they need leaders to instil the culture in them.

Middle of the road role players and list cloggers are the ones to look at.

Garthwaite Egg Miller Macintosh Ross Naish would be my starting point.

There will be a retirement of 2. It’s inevitable. That’s 7-8. We aren’t going to completely overhaul the list especially if we are looking at trading for players.

I would expect a similar off season to 2016.

I hear you Aces but Cotch seems done, Houli seems done.

Which leaves Jack. He just seems so slow, and his decision making has dropped from lightning to mortal.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Injuries have killed us this year. Worst I can remember for quite some time.

Balta Broad Prestia Nank Soldo Lambert Houli Vlastuin all currently out. That’s our core right there.

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. But we will need some astute trading and drafting to get us back contending.

Reactions: 10 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Which leaves Jack. He just seems so slow, and his decision making has dropped from lightning to mortal.
But you can’t tip them all out. Remember Melbourne? It kills your club.

Jack is on the decline but when your midfield made up of kids or banged up stars those up the ground will look worse.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

It appears a mistake re-signing him for next year. He is so slow at the moment and is having very little impact on games. He got destroyed by Maynard tonight; Maynard is a *smile* half back flanker!!!

Jack is a champion of our club but I think he is done.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Injuries have killed us this year. Worst I can remember for quite some time.

Balta Broad Prestia Nank Soldo Lambert Houli Vlastuin all currently out. That’s our core right there.

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. But we will need some astute trading and drafting to get us back contending.

If we keep losing, we could go as high as Pick 5.

Any draft gurus know who that might be?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
But you can’t tip them all out. Remember Melbourne? It kills your club.

Jack is on the decline but when your midfield made up of kids or banged up stars those up the ground will look worse.
Not sure we can keep playing them either; they are all in horrible form and/or getting injured a lot.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
When he tipped to us to go on a flag-winning run starting today you just knew it was all over for us.

This is just his way of compensating.

So you cried about a post I made the other day and pleaded to go back to ignoring each other (a truce which you broke). Now you gleefully capitalise on my optimism around beating the pies today.

You sure are one creepy, obsessive dude.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
We Must Must Must address our clearances, once and for all. We have been useless at it and now that other things aren’t elite, it is killing us. Must recruit a clearance machine or two. Whether it be Cerra and another experienced player - it has to happen.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
It might be natural for you to wave a white flag of the halfway point to the season, but it ain’t for me.

Jeez Carts - haven’t minded your recent positivity - even if it has been a bit OTT lately and it hasn’t shown itself on the field

But midway thru 2017 I thought you’d basically written off that season - and we know how that turned out

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Macintosh will get offered a contract. Just not sure if will be enticing enough to stay.
Caddy could net a late pick.
The rest I agree with.
McIntosh should absolutely not get a contract. Enough is enough.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need a big name to retire so we can use the money to get a ready made midfielder.
We cant rely on Prestia.
Cotchin needs a massive pay cut or he needs to retire.
Is Jack holding back Cj progress
My delisting are Naish Cathwaite Caddy Eggy Chol
Trades Baker And Flappers
Retirements Houli Astbury Cotchin
We need Tarranto or Green
We need Cerra
We need go after Seedsman or Laird because we need player's that can hit targets.
Im sick and tired watching us butcher the ball going inside 50.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Jeez Carts - haven’t minded your recent positivity - even if it has been a bit OTT lately and it hasn’t shown itself on the field

But midway thru 2017 I thought you’d basically written off that season - and we know how that turned out

I think a lot of us were willing the boys into contention again, T.

The writing has been on the wall for a while, but there’s nothing wrong with riding the wave.