Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So you cried about a post I made the other day and pleaded to go back to ignoring each other (a truce which you broke). Now you gleefully capitalise on my optimism around beating the pies today.

You sure are one creepy, obsessive dude

Not really, I always find it hilarious when you tell me how little I know about football then immediately shoot yourself in the foot, it's a predictable pattern.

Maybe cut out the name calling as well, it's not a good look.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I think a lot of us were willing the boys into contention again, T.

The writing has been on the wall for a while, but there’s nothing wrong with riding the wave.

Maybe - but your conversion to full blown optimist had an element of the reformed smoker about it too

Reactions: 1 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Garthy.... never, ever again... at least 4 goals to his make today
Aarts.... not quick enough in thinking for AFL.... instinct player.... give him any time to consider an option... forget it
Cotchin.... legend, but game has passed him in pure speed... you can see him getting frustrated that he can’t do what he wants to do

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Not really, I always find it hilarious when you tell me how little I know about football then immediately shoot yourself in the foot, it's a predictable pattern.

Maybe cut out the name calling as well, it's not a good look.

Well, you are creepy. And you do have a tin ear for footy, which you compensate for by pseudo-moderating anyone who tries to say something on here. Maybe try origami? Each to their own I guess.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We need to go deep into this draft; particularly on mids. I'm not convinced by our young mids at all. Yes it's early days but none of them seem to have a real dynamic edge to their games. They all seem a bit pedestrian. RCD is terrible defensively and hasn't yet developed an AFL work rate; maybe he nevre will. Dow doesn't get enough of the pill. Ross is a shadow of the player he was in his debut season.

We need to use our two first rounders on the best mids available. We haven't had access to the pointy end of the draft for a long time and it's starting to show with our recent draftees.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We need to go deep into this draft; particularly on mids. I'm not convinced by our young mids at all. Yes it's early days but none of them seem to have a real dynamic edge to their games. They all seem a bit pedestrian. RCD is terrible defensively and hasn't yet developed an AFL work rate; maybe he nevre will. Dow doesn't get enough of the pill. Ross is a shadow of the player he was in his debut season.

We need to use our two first rounders on the best mids available. We haven't had access to the pointy end of the draft for a long time and it's starting to show with our recent draftees.
Yep. I’m not that confident in what we have coming through either. RCD looks very plain to me. Naish as well. Ross - where’s he at ? Dow too early.

We’re gonna have to move Baker into a full time mid role next year a la Liberatore. Maybe see if Stack can run through there.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Cotchin Pick 2
Martin Pick 3

You need a couple of top enders in the midfield to build on.

How do we get into the top five of the super draft?

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
The boys are tired and West Coast game was the last straw. Unfortunately injuries have decimated us and we can no longer cover the uncoverable. The sad part is that with a fully fit team to choose from we would romp another flag this year. This will be the poorest premier for many a year. So with a common sense approach, I believe following should happen.

New captain - Vlaus, Grimes, Dusty, Graham or Lynch.

Retire: Houli, Astbury (Cotch will be fine after a long break)

Let go/trade: Chol

Entertain trade for right deal and if win/win:
Mc Intosh Pickett Castagna Caddy

Delist:
Garthwaite Naish and I’d consider Will Martyn as I’m sure he won’t make it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Well, you are creepy. And you do have a tin ear for footy, which you compensate for by pseudo-moderating anyone who tries to say something on here. Each to their own I guess.

You are a fantasist who likes writing in florid prose, that's fine, it adds colour to the forum. I'm an optimist with a dash of realism/cynicism. As you say, it takes all kinds.

It's your propensity to jump to insults, not just with me but with many who has a different point of view that grates on people. A few days ago you used the term "frauds" about those of us who thought we were pretty much cooked for the year. We were right, you were wrong. If I was a lesser person I'd say you have a "tin ear" and "no sense for football" but why bother, it's only a forum. I don't need the bad karma.

I don't know what the hell "pseudomoderation" is - if it means I disagree with people and say as much, well I can live with that.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
You are a fantasist who likes writing in florid prose, that's fine, it adds colour to the forum. I'm an optimist with a dash of realism/cynicism. As you say, it takes all kinds.

It's your propensity to jump to insults, not just with me but with many who has a different point of view that grates on people. A few days ago you used the term "frauds" about those of us who thought we were pretty much cooked for the year. We were right, you were wrong. If I was a lesser person I'd say you have a "tin ear" and "no sense for football" but why bother, it's only a forum. I don't need the bad karma.

I don't know what the hell "pseudomoderation" is - if it means I disagree with people and say as much, well I can live with that.

Come now, don’t wash over your obsessions.

You are a creepy lurker with nothing much of value to add to the forum save for trawling game day threads for slip ups. Admit it.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Mistake letting Markov go IMO. Thought he played some good games when in the hub. Good run off half back.
Said it often on here late last but shouted down by the 'eggsperts.' But we have plenty of midgets who can play back - now Rioli another to go with Bakes after picking up Mansell. Not saying these three weren't fair to good today. It's the obsessive midget recruitment policy I have objected to for years. A quality HBF has to be big and strong enough to really compete in the air, as well as chase, tackle, pressure the groundballs. Our guys are not that competitive in the air.
At least Markov could, along with his genuine leg-speed. Age has caught up with Bachar and JR, possibly Cotch as well.

Reactions: 2 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Said it often on here late last but shouted down by the 'eggsperts.' But we have plenty of midgets who can play back - now Rioli another to go with Bakes after picking up Mansell. Not saying these three weren't fair to good today. It's the obsessive midget recruitment policy I have objected to for years. A quality HBF has to be big and strong enough to really compete in the air, as well as chase, tackle, pressure the groundballs. Our guys are not that competitive in the air.
At least Markov could, along with his genuine leg-speed. Age has caught up with Bachar and JR, possibly Cotch as well.
Meh about Markov. He's a nothing player. Done nothing at GC. Another like Butler who will just keep getting games at their respective clubs for not much gain. Yeah Butler had a half decent year last year but went missing in the final and still hasn't resurfaced.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
McIntosh should absolutely not get a contract. Enough is enough.
Enough now!? Said it years ago, when I believed we would upgrade him. Thought Fraser Turner looked like it but didn't come on. KMac has been a real role-player but nearly always a momentum killer. A lot of effort but limited skills and decision-maker. Ralphsmith now looks most likely over 2022. But a lot attacked me for not being able to comprehend Km's secret assets and contributions, which I summed up as - ' he runs and then runs some more ... and then he fills space and more space ..."

Will always remember seeing KM go on great 3 bounce runs, by three times over recent years. Even in a recent game 2-bounce run (was it GCS last week?) - for a turnover every time. Surely you can find and hit an effective target with that much time and space in possession - or just kick it through the big sticks. Just once.

Nah, headless.

Just cannot be relied upon to do any damage with the ball consistently, no matter how many games he plays. He does my head in again and again, his wasteful disposal and dumb decision-making resulted in multiple goal turnarounds again today. Have his fans ever wondered if he is allowed to run free into all that empty space because NO ONE CARES A DAMN IF HE HAS THE BALL BECAUSE IT MEANS THEY WILL GET IT BACK VERY SOON.

Rant over. It's not personal. He is probably a great guy.

Last edited: