Retirements 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retirements 2021

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Everyone had said it all so well here by the time I got on. But, well-done, Dave, and thanks for your magnificent contribution to arguably the greatest Tigers' era. Always regarded you as Mr. Reliable, the steadying rock that our defence was built on, allowing more adventurous players like Rance and Vlastuin to rebound aggressively. Dave took care of a formidable opponent generally and got across to help others often too.

Dave handled the big gorilla opposition forwards or even leaner, more mobile types. With his strong contested marking, excellent kicking and careful, prudent decision-making at full-back, DTLD was an essential reason for our success. From memory, no opp KPF ever really got on top of Dave to kick a bag in a big final.

Congratulations on your career and one of the best farewell speeches I've seen delivered to any football club today. Always a true RFC man, and although I know Dave will want to get back to Tatyoon and devote more time to his farm, his solid character and ability to be very articulate, makes me think Dave could be a really suitable candidate for a future leadership position at the club - if he's ever interested and able to devote the time.

Reactions: 6 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Reece Conca hasn't been offered a new contract at Freo but wants to explore other options. I'd say that's likely curtains on his AFL career.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He's looking for new people to hug. :D
Reece was a lovely guy and truly loved our club. It's a shame so much of the animosity towards him by supporters was based on his draft position rather than his desire to help the club. One of those factors was in his control. I hope the Tigers reach out and give him a hug if he does end up retiring.

Reactions: 9 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Reece was a lovely guy and truly loved our club. It's a shame so much of the animosity towards him by supporters was based on his draft position rather than his desire to help the club. One of those factors was in his control. I hope the Tigers reach out and give him a hug if he does end up retiring.

Agree, never understood why players get blamed for being picked early in the draft. I'll remember him as a good honest player, and try to forget that elimination final against North where he shouldn't have played.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Conca wasn't blamed because he was a pick 6.
Just fed up supporters watching the club use quality picks on kids that never were first rounder qualityScreenshot_20210818-132521_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210818-132613_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its funny 3 player's from the 2010 draft all under pick 13
All became Richmond premiership players Caddy Prestia and lynch.
And the guy we got at pick 6 never won one.
Weird world

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Some guy by the name of Bouli, something like that.

David Mackay from the Crows.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Very interesting how well the AFL community has applauded the retirements of Betts, Burgoyne and Bacher compared to Goodes exit from the game :cool:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Agree, never understood why players get blamed for being picked early in the draft. I'll remember him as a good honest player, and try to forget that elimination final against North where he shouldn't have played.
not to derail this thread but Conca was sub that game. the starting 21 were *smile* for 3 quarters before Conca came. He did ok- minus a couple of howlers. he had the same disposals, or close to in 1 quarter, as ShEdwards, Cotch, Lambert and Ellis had for the game.

I always liked Conca, without injuries he would probably be a premiership Tiger.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
not to derail this thread but Conca was sub that game. the starting 21 were *smile* for 3 quarters before Conca came. He did ok- minus a couple of howlers. he had the same disposals, or close to in 1 quarter, as ShEdwards, Cotch, Lambert and Ellis had for the game.

I always liked Conca, without injuries he would probably be a premiership Tiger.

yeah, that game result was definitely not his fault. As I recall we rushed an underdone Griffens and Conca coming back from a hammy into the team... we also had that handy lead going into half time I think.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Nathan Vardy , still only 30. Maybe Geelong will have a go at him.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user