Your 2022 big move | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Your 2022 big move

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
not even -1 day in, and the long summer is biting already.

My Move: Dusty 80% forward; Marlion 80% in the guts

10 reasons why? : 1. Dusty probably wins the Coleman, Brownlow and Norm Smith 2. It creates complete carnage inside our forward 50 and realistically gets us +18pts every week 3. Marlion is a tough, quick, inside mid 4. the oppo midfield starts scared 5. we gain more defensive running power in the engine room 6. It entrenches Jake Aarts firmly in the VFL 7. Gives someone an opportunity on a wing 8. It allows us to have a surgical ball user on a wing, 9. We get an extra 50 games out of Dusty and 10. Dusty is extra scary, now we can see the grinning skull beneath

what's your Big Move?

Reactions: 1 user

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Bakes and Vlas to midfield, Balta to 2nd Ruck, Tarrant Miller FB CFB
Forward Line - Jack, Tom, MRJ, Maxfield, Dusty

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'd be surprised by this Ezy because if he keeps the kilos off he will have the best running capacity he has ever had as an AFL player.

If anything I think we might see him return to a higher midfield ratio, maybe 70/30 or even 80/20.

Defensive small forward? :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I probably agree more that Dusty will play more mid. 70/30. Reckon will rotate with Shai.

Sheds to play the small forward role.
Bakes midfield
Stack forward

Our forward line looks so exciting here.

Sheds Riewoldt Shai / Dusty
Stack Lynch Sonsie

Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Vlastuin up forward. Hear me out.

Tarrant. Balta. Grimes. Broad. Short. Brown. Rioli. Mansell. Gibcus.

We can’t fit them all in and we want to keep blooding Mansell and see what Brown can do.

Vlastuin hasn’t been himself since he came back from the danger KO. Angry. Undisciplined. Unsettled.

He has put himself in the hole time and again and I worry for his future in the game. He gets whacked so much I think he needs some protection.

We lack for medium marking types in that forward line. Caddy is too slow and we need someone to help us lower the eyes. An option to take a man away from Jack and Tom.

Vlastuin can anticipate. He can halve the air ball which is our critical KPI in that forward line. He can mark it. He can kick straight.

We love defensive forwards. We lacked this element in 2021 when the oppo would just waltz it out. Jack is slow now and Tom is treacle with ball on deck.

Aarts, Castagna and Parker aren’t skilled enough for current AFL.

I think there’s a good case. Some will say Gibcus but the think we need a hardened, defensive medium marking tall in F50.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Big move? Tigers premiers 2022. Martin another NSM,Jack another Coleman.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

We can’t fit them all in and we want to keep blooding Mansell and see what Brown can do.

Vlastuin hasn’t been himself since he came back from the danger KO. Angry. Undisciplined. Unsettled.

He has put himself in the hole time and again and I worry for his future in the game. He gets whacked so much I think he needs some protection.

We lack for medium marking types in that forward line. Caddy is too slow and we need someone to help us lower the eyes. An option to take a man away from Jack and Tom.

Vlastuin can anticipate. He can halve the air ball which is our critical KPI in that forward line. He can mark it. He can kick straight.

We love defensive forwards. We lacked this element in 2021 when the oppo would just waltz it out. Jack is slow now and Tom is treacle with ball on deck.

I think there’s a good case. Some will say Gibcus but the think we need a hardened, defensive medium marking tall in F50.
I dunno. They tried Vlas as a mid/forward early in ‘17. It didn’t work immediately and everyone screamed about it, he went back, copped an injury, got over it. Returned to the backline and has never looked back. He’s a defender. Could think about using Short as a small forward. Has pace, can kick. Started in that position back in ‘16.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Baker as a mid or winger or high half forward or some combination of them
I think they may want the ball in his hands for F50 entries

Especially if Short, Edwards, Stack, Mansel and Rioli have the smaller defensive roles covered

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021

know where you're coming from , I would have liked to have seen him used as a wrecking ball thru the mid field

but at the highest level his talents are as a utility back , sounds second rate , but his innate talent , which is of a high order, is his intercept marking while still tracking his opponent , while he might adapt if persisted with for long enough I think the gap between what he can do down back is so superior to how he can perform elsewhere , he is stuck as a defender for life .... chink chink chink , "whats thats sound" his opponent asks " "ahh *smile* I didn't tuck them in properly" (premiership medals) Vlas

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users