Rex for Prez | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rex for Prez

rampagingtiger

I'm a llama!
Nov 2, 2003
Rex needs to stand for the board and take action.
it seems the elections will be good this year, there are already 2 new nominations and hopefully the board will have its arse whipped and new people can come in. Hopefully Big Rex will nominate and we can kick out some losers!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Do you know what date it was in the HeraldSun ramps?

Does anyone else know who the second nomination is?

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Newcomer bids for Tiger board
13 November 2003 Herald Sun
Geoff Poulter

BUSINESS analyst Jim Giannopolous is the latest challenger for a Richmond board position.

Giannopolous, 31 next month, said yesterday he wouldn't be talked out of standing this time as he was last year.

"I am definitely running," he said yesterday.

"I think there are a lot of supporters out there who are pretty disillusioned with the way Richmond is going. And what I want to do is instil some new passion in the club.

"We have to widen our supporter base. We have to get past the 40,000 membership target. We have to get the young members in and we have to retain them.

"I want to bring in some new ideas. I have got very good business skills. Off-field success is vitally important.

"I am young, very passionate. I want to get some sponsorship going with the corporate sector."

Giannopolous joins computer technician David Clayton in announcing a challenge.

Peter Welsh, Tony Jewell and Gary March face re-election in January.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Yet another overly enthusiastic supporter with too much time on their hands and no idea about the real issues affecting the Richmond Football Club.

As I have said before, Membership will take care of itself when started winning games! Nobody wants to support a loser club.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
julzqld said:
Newcomer bids for Tiger board
13 November 2003 Herald Sun
Geoff Poulter

Jim Giannopolous
wise move really.a massive upturn in our memebership thanks to the greek community ;D

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
TF, it's a meaningless truism to say "Win games and the membership will take care of itself."

Isn't the challenge to keep our membership numbers high no matter what happens on the field? That, to me, would be the hallmark of a successful club.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Can't say this is gospel, but I heard that it was a Greek business man responsible for the delivery of Chicken *smile* to Punt Road a couple of years back.
Could it be the same Greek business man?

I have contacts in the Greek 'mafia' who claim this.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Dean3 said:
Isn't the challenge to keep our membership numbers high no matter what happens on the field? That, to me, would be the hallmark of a successful club.

No, the challenge is to win premierships. thats the hallmark of a successful club not using cheap tricks and gimmicks to keep long suffering members throwing good money after bad.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Well, of course the challenge is to win premierships, but I'm talking in the context of memberships here, if I'm allowed ;D

We can't win premierships every year, so wouldn't it be nice to have our membership high after a poor year?

rampagingtiger

I'm a llama!
Nov 2, 2003
im voting for Jim. He seems ok. all we now need is for greg beck to pounce on Jim Boogy in the draft and we might make the finals 8)

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
TigerFurious said:

As I have said before, Membership will take care of itself when started winning games! Nobody wants to support a loser club.

Quite seriously TF (and i'm not having a go at you) how do you then explain the continued support for the Magpies?

Surely they went through years of lows including the "bridesmaid phase" and still retained enormous support. What is their secret?

P

PuntRoadRoar

Rex hunt has said he is far too busy with his business and commitments to channel 7 to be on the board or president at Richmond in his own words:

"im just a humble fisherman"

it would be nice but its not gunna happen

Hanno

Clangers are killers!
Jul 13, 2003
Geelong, Vic
This board election could be a good chance for some of our members to put their grand theories to the test.

How about a PRE ticket? ;D