RFC List 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC List 2020

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
data updated 31/5/21 following Round 11

Google Sheets link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AbBCbqJdHLnyeM69ML8/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

CSV download link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dHLnyeM69ML8/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv

Picture below is an older sample (click to enlarge)

ll38T8n.jpg

Attachments

• RFC 2021.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not sure if interesting or useful. Plan is to update at the end of each round and see how it goes. Suggestions for additional fields welcome.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Gee Dave's missed alot of games of footy - almost as many as he's played

Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Great work, @LeeToRainesToRoach

Something I'd find interesting would be draft year, draft position and draft type, or trade situation. Essentially, how and when each player arrived at the club.

To be able to, for example, sort the list by father/sons, rookie picks, main draftees, trades, etc. would be excellent.

It'd also be amazing if you could sort by draft position to see at any one time how many first round, top 10, etc. draft picks are on the list.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Is Matches missed since debut essentially matches missed due to injury?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Something I'd find interesting would be draft year, draft position and draft type, or trade situation. Essentially, how and when each player arrived at the club.

It's on my list of things to do. I have all the data, just need to enter it. Might be a few weeks off though.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Is Matches missed since debut essentially matches missed due to injury?

Not necessarily. It's just a count of senior games which the player didn't play.

The reasons for missing games are published each year in the AFL Season Guide (VFL, injury, suspension, personal leave etc). A lot of work and definitely a job for the off-season.

Last edited:

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Imagine being someone like Richo and seeing Broad's record of 51 wins, 14 losses.
14 losses in his whole professional career, which includes 2 premierships and a minor premiership. That is a good run.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I find it interesting that we are playing all of our rookies at the moment (Eggy recently dropped). Presumably Baker is the youngest (and probably the best). But overall they are relatively mature. It has been a gradual change in how we use the rookie list, and ultimately been a hallmark of our success (moreso when you add Lamber, George, Short, Soldo to the list).

What I find interesting is that despite injuries we haven't blooded as many kids as you would expect (being kept out by the more mature rookies). Not sure if this is positive or not, possibly not helped by the kids not playing VFL this year. It will be a big gamble for example to debut RCD this year with very little form to work off.

I think the intention to cut list sizes next year should be revisited. Most teams will have kids who haven't been given an adequate opportunity this year to develop. Might have sounded like a good idea, but just not the year to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
I would love to see a column with the winning percentage of the team in games missed since debut.

Just to see the impact on the team result when that player is missing.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I would love to see a column with the winning percentage of the team in games missed since debut.

Just to see the impact on the team result when that player is missing.

Have added a few columns including these.

Key to columns

R - rookie indicator
RPlayer# - order of Richmond players by debut; 1 = Bill Bourke, 326 = Jack Dyer, 1000 = Brad Ottens etc.
Score - average team score in player's games
OppScore - average opponent team score in player's games
RGames, RWins, RLosses etc - Richmond-only record for players who started their careers elsewhere
MCaptain - matches as captain of club
MConsecutive - current consecutive games streak; negative numbers indicate consecutive games missed e.g. -1 for Caddy = 1 game, -7 for Prestia = 7 games etc.
MostConsecutive - highest consecutive games streak of career
WConsecutive/LConsecutive/DConsecutive - current streak of consecutive wins/losses/draws
GConsecutive - consecutive games of kicking 1 or more goals; negative numbers denote consecutive games without a goal
MMissedSinceDebut - senior games missed at listed club when injured, suspended, Reserves etc
WMissed/LMissed/DMissed - wins/losses/draws for club when player was missing
ScoreMissed - average team score when player was missing
OppScoreMissed - average opponent team score when player was missing
AFLCA - includes finals voting for Gary Ayres Medal
RSNom - year & round received Rising Star nomination

The rest should be self-explanatory.

Edit 27/8
- added match result for games 1, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250
- replaced for & against columns with a single percentage column, i.e. %, R% and %Missed for career games played, RFC games played and career games missed, respectively

Edit 10/12
- added height & weight

Last edited: