RFC Practice Match vs Geelong at Kardinia Park, Saturday 26/2/22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC Practice Match vs Geelong at Kardinia Park, Saturday 26/2/22

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
When is the team announced?

Mod edit: The initial posts originally appeared in an old thread from a practice match v Geelong in Yea in 2010, hence the comments about the teams and venue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
probably tomorrow afternoon
remember going up for this game..
Cats had half their team out so we belted them , i remember a couple of cats fans having a go at me for having the temerity to clap and give encouragement when we kicked a goal..I hope they have really enjoyed the last 5 years :)

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I mentioned i thought Riley landing awkwardly on his ankle at training, he also had an earlier collision and left the track late in training on Thursday, obviously hasn't got up.

Cotch not there either, @Dont Argue said he went for scans Monday, maybe hamstring again that cruelled him last year?

Richmond's pre-season practice match squad against Geelong:

1 VLASTUIN Nick
2 GRIMES Dylan
3 PRESTIA Dion
4 MARTIN Dustin
5 ROSS Jack
6 TARRANT Robbie
7 BAKER Liam
8 RIEWOLDT Jack
10 EDWARDS Shane
11 CASTAGNA Jason
15 SHORT Jayden
16 AARTS Jake
19 LYNCH Tom
20 SOLDO Ivan
21 BALTA Noah
22 CADDY Josh
25 NANKERVIS Toby
27 DOW Thomson
28 GIBCUS Josh
29 BOLTON Shai
30 BROWN Tom
32 RYAN Samson
33 MCINTOSH Kamdyn
35 BROAD Nathan
36 MARTYN Will
38 CUMBERLAND Noah
40 SONSIE Tyler
42 CLARKE Judson
44 STACK Sydney
45 RALPHSMITH Hugo
46 MILLER Ben
47 NYUON Bigoa
49 RIOLI Maurice
50 PICKETT Marlion

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
probably tomorrow afternoon
remember going up for this game..
Cats had half their team out so we belted them , i remember a couple of cats fans having a go at me for having the temerity to clap and give encouragement when we kicked a goal..I hope they have really enjoyed the last 5 years :)

AM SURE THEY HAVE VERY HARROWING MEMORIES OF 17, 19 AND 20.

We hurt them more each time we met them and in more damaging ways.

17- Qualifying Final

19- Prelim

20 - Grand Final

During the Prelim they thought they had us at HT - then we steamrolled them even 2 men down (Broad and Graham).

2020 even worse they were all over us with Tigga gone for the game and Bash hocussed with his calf, until Dusty snapped that goal on Half Time, again only to run on and steam roll them when they thought the cup was nigh on theirs.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hey Julius, no RCD or Rioli or Mansell? Any idea why? Injury/rehab?
Daniel was not at training Thursday so don't know, I mentioned above and in training that Riley landed awkwardly on his ankle he also had an earlier collision so not sure, Mansell trained Thursday so not sure why he is not there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007

Tigers name squad for practice match​

Richmond has named its squad to take on Geelong in Saturday's pre-season practice match.
By Richmond Media

Untitled-design-19-.png

Richmond has named its squad to take on Geelong in Saturday's practice pre-season match at GMHBA Stadium.

Thirty-four AFL players will participate in the Tigers' first competitive hit-out of the year, plus a number of VFL-listed Tigers, who will play in the final two intervals of the six-period contest against the Cats.
Star Tiger Dustin Martin features in the squad for his first hit-out since suffering a lacerated kidney in Round 18, 2021, sidelining him for the remainder of the season, while key forward Tom Lynch, who also missed last week's intra-club with a hamstring complaint, has been named for the clash.

The Tiger Army will get their first look at recruit Robbie Tarrant in the Yellow and Black against a rival club, as well as Richmond's first selection in the 2021 AFL Draft, key defender Josh Gibcus.

The hit-out will mark Ivan Soldo's long-awaited return to football, the ruckman having sustained an ACL injury in Round 17, 2020.
Defensive duo Nathan Broad and Noah Balta will also return for their first games back, after they both suffered season-ending injuries in Round 15, 2021.
The pre-season clash will kick off at 12.00pm and be streamed live on Kayo Sports.

Richmond's pre-season practice match squad against Geelong:

1 VLASTUIN Nick
2 GRIMES Dylan
3 PRESTIA Dion
4 MARTIN Dustin
5 ROSS Jack
6 TARRANT Robbie
7 BAKER Liam
8 RIEWOLDT Jack
10 EDWARDS Shane
11 CASTAGNA Jason
15 SHORT Jayden