Rich v Geelong VFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rich v Geelong VFL

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Do they have barber shops in Geelong? Some shocking heads of hair in both their 1's and 2's.

The TAFE barber course in Geelong only takes 10 minutes

They have to learn how to take the plastic off the electrical tape

Then wrap it around the head, just right above the ears

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Did Sonsie do enough to get a recall?
Didn’t see any of the game, VFL report said Sonsie was played at half back for most of the game.
Banks an underwhelming 13 possessions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Didn’t see any of the game, VFL report said Sonsie was played at half back for most of the game.
Banks an underwhelming 13 possessions.
Morro disagrees :)

Sam Banks (13 disposals, four tackles, three rebound-50s)

"I thought he was really good. His leadership down back really did stand out. It was a bit of a new role for him this week moving away from a wing, and I thought he set the boys up well behind the footy. His foot skills and work-rate stood out."

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Morro disagrees :)

Sam Banks (13 disposals, four tackles, three rebound-50s)

"I thought he was really good. His leadership down back really did stand out. It was a bit of a new role for him this week moving away from a wing, and I thought he set the boys up well behind the footy. His foot skills and work-rate stood out."

I would be more interested what you thought of his game Taz if you ended up going to game?
VFL reports sometimes fill in with some fluff when maybe there isn't much substance?
As I said I have no idea as i did not see the game but Banks was moved back in a new role, isn't half back the easiest position to play and gain possessions?
Tresize a skinny 21 year old half forward recruited from Tooradin, that has not been in an elite pathway, has been moved back and gets 29 possessions 10 marks.
Shouldn't we be expecting more from Banks?

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I would be more interested what you thought of his game Taz if you ended up going to game?
VFL reports sometimes fill in with some fluff when maybe there isn't much substance?
As I said I have no idea as i did not see the game but Banks was moved back in a new role, isn't half back the easiest position to play and gain possessions?
Tresize a skinny 21 year old half forward recruited from Tooradin, that has not been in an elite pathway, has been moved back and gets 29 possessions 10 marks.
Filled with fluff? Sometimes. But Morro gives a good whack too

Billy Cooper (13 disposals, seven marks, four rebound-50s)
"He's had an outstanding start to his VFL career. He's improved incredibly over a short period of time. But, with that comes an increased level of expectation, and I think he fell just short of the defensive level that he's set over previous weeks

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Yes mate I went .

TBH, every time I saw Banks he was in front of me on the wing ( coincidentally on the hill / beer tent side of PRO) and was a bit surprised by Morro's comment about moving back, he was OKJ, disposal very good

Re Trezise, he was sensational, because of his pony tail, I kept on getting him mixed up with Joel Nathan (#65) whom I rate

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yes mate I went .

TBH, every time I saw Banks he was in front of me on the wing ( coincidentally on the hill / beer tent side of PRO) and was a bit surprised by Morro's comment about moving back, he was OKJ, disposal very good

Re Trezise, he was sensational, because of his pony tail, I kept on getting him mixed up with Joel Nathan (#65) whom I rate
I've been watching Tresize a bit but still not sure if he could transfer to AFL level.

Reactions: 1 user