Rich V Melb - Saturday, March 4, 4.10pm AEDT, Casey Fields | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rich V Melb - Saturday, March 4, 4.10pm AEDT, Casey Fields

Feb 25, 2007
Richmond has locked in a 26-man squad for Saturday's practice match against Melbourne at Casey Fields.

The clash will be the Tigers' final pre-season hit-out ahead of Round 1 against Carlton on Thursday, March 16.

Star key forward Tom Lynch has been named to play in his first outing of the pre-season after recovering from plantar fasciitis surgery in December.

Tough Tiger Liam Baker, who also didn't play in last week's match simulation against North Melbourne after having surgery to remove his appendix, will also run out, as will Nathan Broad, who returns from a hamstring complaint.

Tigers fans will get to see recruits Jacob Hopper Tim Taranto in action again after the duo impressed in last Friday's match simulation, while draftees Tylar Young and Steely Green also feature in the line-up.

Jack Graham and Marlion Pickett are among those who will miss through injury, while Jack Ross will be unavailable for the short-term after suffering a medial ligament strain in his left knee at training on Thursday morning.

Richmond's four emergencies for the pre-season clash are Sam Banks, Tyler Sonsie, Hugo Ralphsmith and Ben Miller.

Saturday's match against the Demons will be broadcast live on Kayo Sports and Fox Footy from 4.10pm.

In a curtain-raiser clash, the Tigers' VFL side will take on Casey at Casey Fields beforehand, kicking off at 12.00pm.

BacksDylan Grimes2Noah Balta21Tylar Young45
Half-BacksLiam Baker7Nick Vlastuin1Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Dion Prestia3Judson Clarke42
Half-ForwardsTrent Cotchin9Shai Bolton29Dustin Martin4
ForwardsJack Riewoldt8Noah Cumberland38Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Tim Taranto14Jacob Hopper22
InterchangeIvan Soldo20Nathan Broad35Jayden Short15
Thomson Dow27Maurice Rioli10Steely Green48
Rhyan Mansell31Samson Ryan32
EmergenciesSam Banks41Tyler Sonsie40Hugo Ralphsmith13
Ben Miller46

Reactions: 4 users
Only a practice match but Interesting seeing Sonsie and Ralphsmith as emergencies and steely green, Dow and Mansell on the bench
Sonsie coming back from injury guess he'll play a full VFL game

No Ross or Pickett. Miller, Sonz and Hugo in EMG?? Why?

Reactions: 1 user
Sad to hear about Ross , The kid had a good preseason and was looking like he was going to take a step up
hope he is not bad and comes back quick

Nice to see Young given a run

Reactions: 6 users
Good to see Young get a chance to show what his got with a Round 1 spot up for grabs.

Rotten luck for Ross. Would be in serious doubt for Round 1.

And I am wrapped that Ryan is named. Like I said I am very confident he plays Round 1.

Good to see Young get a chance to show what his got with a Round 1 spot up for grabs.

Rotten luck for Ross. Would be in serious doubt for Round 1.

And I am wrapped that Ryan is named. Like I said I am very confident he plays Round 1.
If Tarrant's still injured, you get the feeling Tylar will debut.

Reactions: 1 users
Young and Clarke are the interesting selection for me.

Steely and Ryan rewarded fro last weeks efforts and Millar the disappointing one - I thought he was almost a lock for Rd 1.

Ross ?

Jack Ross - medial ligament strain in his left knee at training on Thursday morning

Are we cursed already this season or what?

• Sad
Very surprised about Miller in particular
That’s probably near enough to the strongest team we can field atm.
Barring existing injuries, Soldo replacing Miller and Steely Green playing, looks like the biggest surprises.
Also looks like match committee seriously considering Tylar Young. Exciting

BacksDylan Grimes2Noah Balta21Tylar Young45
Half-BacksLiam Baker7Nick Vlastuin1Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Dion Prestia3Judson Clarke42
Half-ForwardsTrent Cotchin9Shai Bolton29Dustin Martin4
ForwardsJack Riewoldt8Noah Cumberland38Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Tim Taranto14Jacob Hopper22
InterchangeIvan Soldo20Nathan Broad35Jayden Short15
27Maurice Rioli10
Emergencies

Just editing out some names, our round 1 team may look like this if the boys can get through unscathed.

Only real points of interest or caveats will be whether Marlion is ready to rumble and which 2 of Soldo, Miller, Tarrant, and Young line up against the Baggers.

Barring existing injuries, Soldo replacing Miller and Steely Green playing, looks like the biggest surprises.
not all guys get a run in these games, last night Menegola sat the whole game on the bench, so Steely probably won't see much game time if any

@Dont Argue , this was my reply to your question as who my Smokie's were for this season:

"I've been on Tylar Young all pre season and he has only started to get press now.
Yes Juddy a smokey even for round 1".

(both it now seems are better than a smokie's chance for round 1 :) ).

Let's hope both have decent games against the Dee's.

Reactions: 7 users
@Dont Argue , this was my reply to your question as who my Smokie's were for this season:

"I've been on Tylar Young all pre season and he has only started to get press now.
Yes Juddy a smokey even for round 1".

(both it now seems are better than a smokie's chance for round 1 :) ).

Let's hope both have decent games against the Dee's.
Any idea why Hugo misses out? Judz on wing isn't a new spot for him is it?

not all guys get a run in these games, last night Menegola sat the whole game on the bench, so Steely probably won't see much game time if any
Going to be hot tomorrow.
Reckon they all get a run.
We’ve got Lynch, Broad and Baker coming off injury who may not be structured to play more than a half.
Then there’s our aging stars Riewoldt and Cotchin.

Any idea why Hugo misses out? Judz on wing isn't a new spot for him is it?
Juddy has just had a stellar! pre-season.

I had Juddy in my team for round 1 on the bench to rotate forward with both MJ & Cumber's, even though his pre-season had him doing a lot more running in the Lambert role.
The amount of ground he covered against North, (the goal he kicked in the square started with his involvement at half back and a result of his hard running), shows he could potentially interchange on the wing as well, (more Gaff like than KMac and Marlion obviously).
As a forward who would you want hitting you on the tit Juddy or Hugo? his 60 metre left to Dusty on the weekend was exquisite.

Reactions: 10 users