Richmond bigmen MUST lift to beat WC! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond bigmen MUST lift to beat WC!

Charlie A

King Cotch
May 26, 2005
Today if Richmond are to beat WC, players like Matthew Richardson, Troy Simmonds, Greg Stafford and Trent Knobel must play well and be leaders for the Tigers to win! Richo who is under an injury cloud must not let that affect him and kick a bag goals. Troy Simmonds need to lift and present a bit more up the ground. Greg Stafford needs to kick at least 3 goals and Trent Knobel needs to give Dean Cox a challenge! The condidtions look to be perfect for them so they should be in for a big day! ;)

Troy Simmonds has been getting better each week, fingers crossed, I don't think he is far away from a huge game

Simmonds is a major disappointment. Thought him going back into the ruck for the last 10 minutes of the 3rd, and then a 5 minute period in the last was the only time WC got the clearances in the second half.

Knobel around the ground is a big issue. Gets himself to good position, but continues to drop some very simple marks.

Stafford - 9 minutes of game time - was he fit?

DragicevicFan said:
Simmonds is a major disappointment. Thought him going back into the ruck for the last 10 minutes of the 3rd, and then a 5 minute period in the last was the only time WC got the clearances in the second half.

Knobel around the ground is a big issue. Gets himself to good position, but continues to drop some very simple marks.

Stafford - 9 minutes of game time - was he fit?

Simmons is frustrating me, his goal kicking and disposal is terrible.

Stafford was fit according to Terry, just was a structure issue and the tall forward line was not working.

Stafford - in = mistake against a running team that runs like South American soccer players

They should keep *smile* in so he can play up forward as he is more mobile.

DragicevicFan said:
Simmonds is a major disappointment.

Simmonds is a BIG girl !
This was my first prediction in 2005, even before a ball was bounced.
And how did I come to this conclusion? Thanks to the Foxtel replays over the summer.

Simmonds is a real worry, he drops marks he should take, when he does take them he either misses the goal or drops the pass in front of the Richmond player. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or not, but right now I'd rather play Adam Pattison. Staff was a bit of a mistake today and Schulz would have been another forward option, but they had to get a game into Staff and I'm sure he'll be a lot better against the Roos next week.

CarnTheTiges said:
Simmonds is a real worry, he drops marks he should take, when he does take them he either misses the goal or drops the pass in front of the Richmond player. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or not, but right now I'd rather play Adam Pattison. Staff was a bit of a mistake today and Schulz would have been another forward option, but they had to get a game into Staff and I'm sure he'll be a lot better against the Roos next week.

Not sure that Staff would have got much out of today really. His ankle shouldnt have got any worse thats for sure.