Richmond v Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Adelaide

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the player that took those 2 kick ins won't sleep tonight

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watched the first three minutes. Will try again next year.
I just switched the tv on. Freo v Gee at 3/4 time. Score line: Freo 0.0.0 to Gee 1.8.14.

I switch over to Port v WB. 9 mins to go in the 3rd quarter. Port 1.1.7 to WB 1.7.13.

Think it’s time for the AFL to make some changes to the AFLW.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I just switched the tv on. Freo v Gee at 3/4 time. Score line: Freo 0.0.0 to Gee 1.8.14.

I switch over to Port v WB. 9 mins to go in the 3rd quarter. Port 1.1.7 to WB 1.7.13.

Think it’s time for the AFL to make some changes to the AFLW.
It's hasn't improved.
And now there's 21 new teams, the crop of quality is very shallow.
They shouldve continued with 12 teams and after 10 yrs introduce another 2 teams.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The game has improved in leaps and bounds, yes, a fair way to go, but Women's footy is getting a lot better. I don't think the introduction of the new teams will help and likely a bit early but I understand why it needed to be done. Time to consolidate the game now.

Since the previous season, and we have seen this for 2 weeks now, our defence has improved and improved a lot. It is now far harder to score against the Richmond team.

Need to work on attack now, it isn't working so well. Although, take a few more chances and we would be 2-0 not 0-2. 3 easy missed shots in the second quarter against Geelong, kick 2 of those and it was game over. Massive advantage in inside 50s against Adelaide up to 3/4 time, I think it was something ridiculous like 35-10, take our chances and we would have won.

Against the reigning premiers we are looking at a game where, yes we lost, but we should have won. Not so much a respectable loss, more a blown chance. Adelaide were miles ahead of us last year, 5 postcodes away, we have made up a huge amount of ground. To be competitive against Adelaide, and we were way more than competitive, is a big big step up, just need to take it a little further and we can compete and build to become a contender. I'm bullish about this team, they would thrash last season's Richmond team, and with Brennan back we should score easier.

Next week we have Hawthorn. This is not a must win, it is a must thrash Hawthorn. They play anything like the last 2 weeks and we will win by a mile and get the season going. Essendon the following week so we need to put 2 big wins together.

DS

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Really missed Katie Brennan in the first 2 games.
The Forward 50 dominance with her in the side, would have set up unassailable leads by half time.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The Forward 50 dominance with her in the side, would have set up unassailable leads by half time.

100%. We were actually one of the better teams inside F50 last year, there were a number of games where we were significantly down in inside 50's but the scoreboard was similar.

Story has been flipped this year, defence is playing well, midfield is playing well, but we are struggling with delivery inside 50. Brennan straightens us up and it also frees Wakefield up a bit as she won't then have the best defender as Brennan will.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Was thinking this at the game last week, hopefully back for Port, or is that Essendon, confusing home ground!

DS