Richmond V. Suns Saturday 6.10PM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond V. Suns Saturday 6.10PM

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Mon Con reminds me of Duz
Wakefield reminds me of Jack
Yassir reminds me of Bakes

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Even the female Skunks got a lucky win against the Aints. Aints player runs into an open goal and sprays it.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Molan can only be selected to save face for Sheahan. There is no way she is at this level.
Williams is always where the ball ain’t so wasn’t missed. We missed Hosking and Mackenzie.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Molan can only be selected to save face for Sheahan. There is no way she is at this level.
Williams is always where the ball ain’t so wasn’t missed. We missed Hosking and Mackenzie.
They’re both big losses. Getting the win without them was important.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Interesting game, Suns are close to us, 9th before the game and we were 8th, so the game was likely to be close. Wanted to see if they could back it up after last week.

We were ok, not great, can be better.

Defence a little looser I think than the last few weeks, but mostly solid.

The Suns' height certainly seemed to bother us. We had no answer to their tall players able to take marks around the ground although a few of those frees they got in marking contests were pretty soft with the spoiling player clearly going for the ball.

We seemed to be getting out-competed at stoppages and in congestion until about the middle of the third quarter when it looked to me like our players switched to going in harder. You could see the difference in that we were way more competitive at clearances and in packs, not only winning more of the ball but also more pressure on the Suns players when they got the ball. A clear lift.

Our pace was the compensation for their height, but it sure took a lot of effort to get the ball moving.

The forward line remains a huge issue. A lot of our behinds were easier chances and should have been goals, we would have been well ahead if we took our chances. The movement into the forward line is a big issue. Although Brennan seemed a little rusty, having both her and Wakefield forward means we should be more effective. There needs to be more strategy going forward, hopefully will come with time.

AFLW is quite a congested game at the moment, or at least Richmond games are. I reckon as the skills and the positioning improve that should change but at the moment it is hard to find space and difficult to get clean ball going forward. We play the congested game well and clearly have been trying to make congestion, but the ability to open up the game in attack would make us a very competitive side.

A good win and we won coming back from behind which we haven't done so much, Brisbane last week controlled the game for a lot of the last quarter and we were holding them out. This week we were the team trying to bridge the gap and the ball was in our half, but we should have converted more opportunities, not just in the last stages of the game but also the first quarter.

Hopefully next week we can destroy the WEagles, they are not at our level, we need to get some better movement forward against weaker teams so we can sort it out for the harder games.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting game, Suns are close to us, 9th before the game and we were 8th, so the game was likely to be close. Wanted to see if they could back it up after last week.

We were ok, not great, can be better.

Defence a little looser I think than the last few weeks, but mostly solid.

The Suns' height certainly seemed to bother us. We had no answer to their tall players able to take marks around the ground although a few of those frees they got in marking contests were pretty soft with the spoiling player clearly going for the ball.

We seemed to be getting out-competed at stoppages and in congestion until about the middle of the third quarter when it looked to me like our players switched to going in harder. You could see the difference in that we were way more competitive at clearances and in packs, not only winning more of the ball but also more pressure on the Suns players when they got the ball. A clear lift.

Our pace was the compensation for their height, but it sure took a lot of effort to get the ball moving.

The forward line remains a huge issue. A lot of our behinds were easier chances and should have been goals, we would have been well ahead if we took our chances. The movement into the forward line is a big issue. Although Brennan seemed a little rusty, having both her and Wakefield forward means we should be more effective. There needs to be more strategy going forward, hopefully will come with time.

AFLW is quite a congested game at the moment, or at least Richmond games are. I reckon as the skills and the positioning improve that should change but at the moment it is hard to find space and difficult to get clean ball going forward. We play the congested game well and clearly have been trying to make congestion, but the ability to open up the game in attack would make us a very competitive side.

A good win and we won coming back from behind which we haven't done so much, Brisbane last week controlled the game for a lot of the last quarter and we were holding them out. This week we were the team trying to bridge the gap and the ball was in our half, but we should have converted more opportunities, not just in the last stages of the game but also the first quarter.

Hopefully next week we can destroy the WEagles, they are not at our level, we need to get some better movement forward against weaker teams so we can sort it out for the harder games.

DS
I think the umpires let it roll for too a lot of the time before calling for a ball up. Allows too many players to get around the ball.

Reactions: 1 user