Richmond v Williamstown - Round 18 Punt Road Oval (23 July 2022) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Williamstown - Round 18 Punt Road Oval (23 July 2022)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Samson's looking like e viable tall forward target and change ruck.

Syd is almost having a fantastic game but has been wasteful.
Yes on Samson. But Stack had an open goal from the top of the square and kicked oof. Later duffed another snap on his left for an easy oppo mark. But posters claim he is a forward.
I just find him constantly disappointing. If only we had shown half the patience, tolerance and caring for Stengle* as we have for Stack. I just don't think he has enough character to succeed at the top level. Just too wayward unfortunately.

* Yer, I know, wisdom of hindsight, I'm prone to that weakness ... but I just feel sorry for the club's losses and investment in Stack for poor return it looks.

Feb 25, 2007
Stack 9 disposals, Junior 10, Mansell 11 but I tell ya i have been impressed with them all with their tenacity at the contest. Wanting to win every ball, Pressure pressure!
Just on Mansell hard as nails and courageous. Samson Ryan could've had 3, has kicked 2 goals and 2 behinds
Dow has looked very classy and easily in our best.

res1.jpg
res2.jpg

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
But Stack had an open goal from the top of the square and kicked oof. Later duffed another snap on his left for an easy oppo mark. But posters claim he is a forward.
Even in 2019 when he played his best I didn't feel he handled wet conditions well. And today he's coming back after a few weeks out injured. But for effort and involvement he's up to the level. It's nothing to do with discipline or fitness, mores touch and conditions.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
2s are looking good
nice ball movement in heavy conditions
Yes they are except for kicking for goal although Willy look pretty average. Game should have been decided if could even kick set shots. Conditions difficult though I know.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Our bright future on display. Samson and Biggie could be our senior ruck combo in a couple of years, I reckon. Biggie has a leap almost as big as Gibbo's. He's clocked intercept marking at the level, so it's good for his game to get involved at the coalface and he's doing well. Both viable, mobile forward targets too.

Mansell and Young dominating in defence. MoJu terrorising the Willy defence. Stack busy but not quite clicking. Dow, RCD, Martyn getting plenty of it. Gibbo growing in confidence with a couple of nice intercepts and a huge launch for almost-mark of the year. Some good moments from all of Bauer, Brown, Clarke and Banks.

I'd like to see some testing on Fraser Elliott. Suspect these are his ideal conditions - is a truck and a ball magnet in the wet, 17 disposals and 5 clearances in a half. Could be worth a rookie spot if he tests okay. Tylar Young definitely is.
Agree with everything although depends on how bad Willy are; could be flattering us. Mansell show a lot of AFL traits. Dow good but must tidy up his disposal incl HBs. Gibbo is an aerialist of the near future.

But hope we are looking at Fraser-Elliot; has impressed me.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'd like to see some testing on Fraser Elliott. Suspect these are his ideal conditions - is a truck and a ball magnet in the wet, 17 disposals and 5 clearances in a half. Could be worth a rookie spot if he tests okay. Tylar Young definitely is.
Stuey Dew build.