Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I love Cotch, but I really feel they should have to cover the fine. What a waste of members' money otherwise :confused:

Reactions: 6 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I was wondering if someone can clarify something for me. A bit long winded but I’ll get there. In regards to carlton’s fine, was it because a player’s partner took their kids to see their grandparents or was it because the grandparents then took them to a theme park ( or both).
The reason I ask is because I bought this week’s AFL record and an article caught my attention. There is a section this week called “Hub Life”. It’s author is umpire Matt Stevic. A paragraph caught my eye.
He writes “ ...being up here means we are close to family ( his partner’s twin sister and his dad and stepmum are in qld). ..so this has been there first chance to meet Hazel ( his baby)”
Are umpires and their partners bound by the same stringent rules that Players and the partners are?
Are umpires/ players allowed to go see family not in the hubs?
Thats why I’m curios as to whether carltons fine was due to seeing the grandparents or going to the theme park?
Not saying he’s done the wrong thing but am curious

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Relax everyone.
Do you actually believe Blame is at the bank of Queensland writing out a cheque for the AFL?
It's all a front. The AFL has to show they mean business and produce some sort of punishment.
If the clubs didn't go the hubs, the AFL would be Shaking Cans on the Burnley St Bridge.
Gilligan is a clown, no one takes him seriously

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I was wondering if someone can clarify something for me. A bit long winded but I’ll get there. In regards to carlton’s fine, was it because a player’s partner took their kids to see their grandparents or was it because the grandparents then took them to a theme park ( or both).
The reason I ask is because I bought this week’s AFL record and an article caught my attention. There is a section this week called “Hub Life”. It’s author is umpire Matt Stevic. A paragraph caught my eye.
He writes “ ...being up here means we are close to family ( his partner’s twin sister and his dad and stepmum are in qld). ..so this has been there first chance to meet Hazel ( his baby)”
Are umpires and their partners bound by the same stringent rules that Players and the partners are?
Are umpires/ players allowed to go see family not in the hubs?
Thats why I’m curios as to whether carltons fine was due to seeing the grandparents or going to the theme park?
Not saying he’s done the wrong thing but am curious
Umpires are staying at Royal Pines Resort . Essendon are there also . Once you have done 14 days at the quarantine hub ( Mercure ) you are then allowed to join the hub . Last 3 plane flew out on Thursday ( Bachar Houli family etc ) . Then they will be allowed to join the hub . Once in the hub , you cannot go to public places etc . Only allowed to walk on beach and go for a swim . No shopping at Pacific Fair . Why Brooke was at Esteem Spa and the Mirage Complex at Southport is mind boggling . Needs to be sent home with the kids

Reactions: 1 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Umpires are staying at Royal Pines Resort . Essendon are there also . Once you have done 14 days at the quarantine hub ( Mercure ) you are then allowed to join the hub . Last 3 plane flew out on Thursday ( Bachar Houli family etc ) . Then they will be allowed to join the hub . Once in the hub , you cannot go to public places etc . Only allowed to walk on beach and go for a swim . No shopping at Pacific Fair . Why Brooke was at Esteem Spa and the Mirage Complex at Southport is mind boggling . Needs to be sent home with the kids

Mind boggling she would need to go to a spa, Cotch has done pretty good for himself.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Relax everyone.
Do you actually believe Blame is at the bank of Queensland writing out a cheque for the AFL?
It's all a front. The AFL has to show they mean business and produce some sort of punishment.
If the clubs didn't go the hubs, the AFL would be Shaking Cans on the Burnley St Bridge.
Gilligan is a clown, no one takes him seriously

This may be so, but this is my whole problem with the AFL. It is just a front and stands for nothing but dollars in its pocket.

The Carlton fine is ridiculous. The Grandparents make a mistake and the club gets whacked. FFS

And now I see Eddie M is carrying on about booting offenders out of the hub blah blah blah. Of course, that is until the Pies are involved, then he’ll look like an idiot again.

I’m really sick of this garbage.

Reactions: 1 user